SAU Community

Turbos

Mr_GaZZa

Hi every1

just wondering

wats a gd upgrade for a R33 S1 skyline turbo....

i think my seals gone... smokes whitey/blue smoke on hot idle wif lil revs 'just started', since boosted

need to knw what wuld bolt straight up wif stock water/oil cooling pipes and that!!!

or where can i get mine re-built..... and how much

thanks gaz

Or you could buy a T3/T4 Hybrid for around $900 Just need to look around im sure you will find one, Had one on my 32 GTST ausome turbo

yeah that'd be good!!!

Omg considering builds seem to be quiet a lot of $$$ =( DAM

where did u get ur hybird one from mate?? Did it make okay power tooo??

Sooo like if I did get mine re/built what kind of power wuld a upgrade stock turbo put out?

thanks Gaz

hey garry!

just remember that if you go after market turbo, or even hiflow, running an engine management system of some kind would be a good idea :P

Good idea. But nowhere near essential :)

lol yeah ... TRU TRU

but i dont wanna run not much more power, say even if i get to 300RWHP i'd be happy with that!!

i dunno wat the problem is, but didnt smoke dismorning or going to work at all... could be pcv needs a clean + pipes!!

still a new turbo / re/build wuld be good 2 :rofl: just need a good place 2 get it

cheapest option is a KKR 430 or 480 (laggy) turbo $700-800 with custom dump $170 otomoto.com.au

2.2k will get you a HKS GT RS

Buy a R34 turbo ~$450 and u can hi-flow it $1.3k and it will support 360/370rwhp

but at that stage you will need a fair few more supporting mods

i suggest the Jay Car electronic boost controller kit ($80) to control boost or a TurboTech from ebay $29

a Apexi SAFC 2nd hand will be $250-300 and this will net you alottttttt of your power

I mean a R34 turbo will support 280rwhp with everything lining up eg manifold, water, oil lines

and if u want more power after that u can hi flow it, it has a larger rear housing (same as the VG30) so it will support more power then a Hi-Flow R33 turbo

I suggest getting a dump/front pipe too

3inch turbo Exhaust

Front Mounted Intercooler

pod filter

Manual/Electronic boost control

Safc <---------- makes alot of the power with a good tune

Fuel pump (if you wanna play it safe)

will net you 280rwhp+

I got the turbo from Jshop at the time, Not sure if he can get another one for that price but yer it was a ausome bargen, my sig tell the story.

On a R33 you wouldnt need to change you ECU as the Hybrid is a mix of 32rear housing "Quick spool times" and the R33 intake, But it was BB and from what I was told could support up to 25PSI

My 32 turbo blew the seals so i decided to get it rebuilt.

I went to MTQ in malaga 63 beringarra ave PH:9209 1677

I got new seals, steel wheels, and high flowed for $1320inc gst

hey mate wen u got that done did u just take the turbo in or did they take it of the car and do it for ya?

hey mate wen u got that done did u just take the turbo in or did they take it of the car and do it for ya?

I took it off my self, they only repair/rebuild or get new ones in they dont actuallt take them off the car for you.

Also forgot to add the turbo is now running a standard 10 psi with out a boost controller, can only go up now haha :P (with a controler)

yeah morlock,

i dunno what it is... took plugs out and all where good dry and grey!!! the only 1 that worries me is the

number #6 cyclinder had a very white tip, but looked in very good condition !!! isnt that a sign of lean mixture? overheating in that chamber?

i dont knw if its the turbo now...

>< argh

well if u wanna read on about my drama its below :D all opinions considered

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=185198

GaZZa