SAU Community

If You Got Offered A Job In Kuwait...

inark

Would you take a job in Kuwait?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well?

Ive just been offered a very lucrative job in the IT sector in Kuwait City from a person who used to work here who moved there after leaving here and took up a position in an international firm and wants me to come over and work for him.

I dont know shit about the place... apart from when i hear the name i think Iraq... bombs... terrorists and camel riding bandits with 12ft long rifles... or were they sand people from Star Wars?

well the guy i know that moved there to work at this place has been sending pics of what they do on their weekends... which is go to dubai... bahrain... jet skiiing and going out to the countryside of Kuwait and just looking around. Its not exactly what i thought it would be like...

tracid - yeah thats pretty much her line of thinking... i did mention maybe i could go for like 6 months and see what its like before getting her to come over... but seeing as the baby is due next month shes not too keen on that either :)

im pretty tempted... theres a lot of places not too far from there ive always wanted to visit that would cost a fortune to do from here.

kuwait is one of the better paying places right now, and its also fairly secure. I'd be goin over to Dubai, which is not far and partyin it up (dubai's the place with the lavish hotels n resorts and hot bishes) when I get days off. kuwait's more progressive than Iran and Iraq, but not as progressive as the UAE.

fuggit, gimme the job if you don't take it :)

kuwait is one of the better paying places right now, and its also fairly secure. I'd be goin over to Dubai, which is not far and partyin it up (dubai's the place with the lavish hotels n resorts and hot bishes) when I get days off. kuwait's more progressive than Iran and Iraq, but not as progressive as the UAE.

fuggit, gimme the job if you don't take it :)

yeah my mate lives/works in Dubai... hes on a high 6 figure USD salary, has a couple of places in Europe and his apartment in Dubai is pretty flash too. Could party it up with him on weekends i spose. Dunno what the wife would do tho or how she would cope in an Abaya in public

I think you should go. It would be good to see the back of you. :)

hahaha

pfffft... sif you see the front of me anyway...

i was born in kuwait and went there not too long ago..its a good place for "westerners" but living there a long time is not the best, but yes if they offered me i would take it. they might also offer u a home, car, phone, etc on there cost and in the rich areas too.....and lets not forget all the fast cars there...oww did i mention no speed limits?? hehe

just a hint....if you go there dont learn arabic just speak english, they will love you for it...lol

personally cause im a bit of an adventurer.. i'd just do it for the experience if nothing else.. although Im sure with a bubs on the way things may be a bit more difficult.. have a look into the proposed wage.. even if you go for a year or two the missus will probs be off work then to look after bubs.. and you could come back here when your child is old enough send him or her to a decent school and have plenty of money saved for a house and life over here..

i was born in kuwait and went there not too long ago..its a good place for "westerners" but living there a long time is not the best, but yes if they offered me i would take it. they might also offer u a home, car, phone, etc on there cost and in the rich areas too.....and lets not forget all the fast cars there...oww did i mention no speed limits?? hehe

just a hint....if you go there dont learn arabic just speak english, they will love you for it...lol

no speed limits u say... :)

hmmmmm... i detect some sarcasm, they will love me speaking nothing but english... yeah right lol if i did go i would like to learn to speak arabic... just out of pure respect if anything... we make people learn english when they come here.

personally cause im a bit of an adventurer.. i'd just do it for the experience if nothing else.. although Im sure with a bubs on the way things may be a bit more difficult.. have a look into the proposed wage.. even if you go for a year or two the missus will probs be off work then to look after bubs.. and you could come back here when your child is old enough send him or her to a decent school and have plenty of money saved for a house and life over here..

If i go i would more then likely have to take them with me... i cant see my wife letting me go without her. Weve been together for 6 years in total and of that 6 years i think the most time we spent apart was a week and a half when i had to go back to NZ for my grandfathers funeral... she couldnt even handle that.

ok a piece of advice. make sure you get health insurance. accomodation, if you already have kids, get them to pay for education. that is the most important thing. maybe get them to throw a cpl tix back to melb every year in the package.

i have an uncle in Saudi Arabia, and that what he advised me. basically when you do that your yearly cost of living there is practically nothing you have to spend on and all the money earnt is saved. and i promise food is really cheap.

so now you have a job paying good money (usually more than AUS). your melb home is on rent, and is paying off its mortgate partially. in a few years you will have so much money saved up you wont know what to do. i have heard of people working in Middle east for 5-10 years owing a few houses outright in Aus and making so much money that they are set for life.

in a countries like Kuwait/UAE etc the laws arent too strict and the law an order situation is very good. I would absolutely recommend you go there. and you will kick yourself if you didnt... and so would your wife.... you could even get her to work as a teacher in one of the international schools teaching english. they pay good money too. obviously there are a few rules and they arent as liberal as here. so it might be a bit harder in a few regards.

just make sure you get the company to pay for every thing as i said above as if they dont then its not worth it and quite expensive. and yeah go for a good reputable company.

not sure but you may even be able to bring the new GTR back...except they are LHD cars there

bring the new GTR back u say... well now im definately interested lol

Thanks for that input Ziad its very much appreciated... the more i talk to people about the place that actually know something about it and arent idiots like me that generalise about the area, the more i hear about it, the more i like the sounds of it. Very sound advice too.. i havent actually spoken to him indepth about it, he was just throwing it out there to see if he could get me interested.

dunno how my wife would go wearing an Abaya in summer heat... i spose she could just stay home all day lol

Yeah I'd suggest looking into it in great depths, I watch a lot of doco's etc, not just western made ones either and there is so much BS surrounding the place, so many people who really have no idea what it's really like but just think guns, bombs and terrorists. I'm not saying it's a safe place but yeah :)