SAU Community

360 Help Needed

Jezza-gtR

Got a problem wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen, i went to play my 360 the other week and nothing would load up on the screen it just has red lights flashing around the circle

i looked in the manual and it said to check my av cable, check for what tho it looks like a cable to me lol :D

i haven't called anyone about it yet just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem.

Jezza

grr what a sob, and it isn't even under warranty anymore.. would they still do it for free :D

actually i just read it seems they extended the warranty to 3 years for this problem so there still may be hope ;)

and thanks for the info ferni.

Edited by Jezza-gtR

• 3 weeks later...

yeah its a huge problem... even the brand new pack that came out people are still getting the RROD (red ring of death) problem straight out of the box... microsoft still hasnt fixed this issue, so i would stay away from 360's until they do fix it... apparently the only thing the did was use a better clamp on the GPU or something, but it doesnt work

it is a very common problem and ms make out its a problem with heat.... thats not entirely accurate the main problem is the bga grid array they have moved to for the chips and this error is only on the video chipset it was also a common problem in the macs when they moved to this arrangement.

ive fixed a few of these errors successfully to date with a few little tricks not sure how permanant it is but i have done over 5 consoles the same way and all still work today :down: i guess they have updated the heatsink clamp to do this exact thing but still is only a bandaid fix problem is just a heatsink clamp wont apply enough pressure to help rectify the problem

I've had the problem before, but it was hardware related, not heat related... Either knocking the thing or not plugging a cable in...

Had it on and running for several hours too... Never 'over'heats...