SAU Community

Mechanical Speedo Sender For The R33 Rb25det Gearbox

Cubes

I've recently modified a Navara speedo sender for use in the R33 RB25DET gearbox.

Thanks to the rb25 gearbox in to a Ceffy rb25det g/box thread for the part numbers and description on what has to be done.

Unfortunately you are stuck with a speedo that reads slightly incorrect due to the different R32 and R33 diff ratio's.

Nissan no longer produce a known suitable 21 tooth speedo cog. If you know of one let us all know!

Also note the R33 Series 1 and Series 2 gearbox's both use the Push Style clutch.

You will need Adobe PDF Reader to view the tutorial - it can be obtained here --> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

The guide contains pictures so that you know what to expect when you get stuck in to it. :thumbsup:

Modifying_the_Navara_Speedo_Sender_for_the_R33_Gearbox.pdf

excellent write up mate, Ive done this and i'd like to add that the quickest, most painless/stress free method of removing the 17 cog gear from the navara drive is with an oxy torch, I used a torch with a low heat setting and simply melted the plastic gear off (dont breathe the fumes in) and it took no less then 30 seconds and i was left with a clean shaft (joke if you will lol)

Also you havent mentioned how you held the 33 cog onto the navara shaft, I too ground a half moon shap onto the shaft and decided to drill a hole at the base of the drive, right through the shaft using a small 3mm drill bit and out the other side, then pressed a roll pin through it, much like the stock one that holds the shaft into the housing, thit ensures that the shaft is going no where!

other then that its all spot on!

Edited by Simon-R32

• 2 weeks later...

No probs Ash.

Simon..

I used a dremel thin cutting disk to cut a small groove in to the end of the senders shaft, pressed the cog on and then fitted a circlip.

All though without the circlip or method you have done I highly doubt the cog will work its way off the shaft as its a very tight fit. But you never know. :yucky:

• 2 months later...

hi,

iv recently converted my R33 skyline from auto to manual using R32 gtst gearbox and now my speedo dosnt work as u know the R32 uses a mechanical cable and the R33 uses electrical cable so the cable i have goes into the gearbox with no problem but i can hook it n the speedo cluster coz the cluster uses an electrical plug. is there any way i can chnage the R32 gearbox from mechanical to electrical?

thanks

Hey i just had my r33 GTS (non_turbo) skyline converted to an rb25det series 2 turbo engine with the r33 turbo gear box and ECU to match, basically making a r33 gts-t. I have a problem with my speedo and that is, that it is on approximately 1/2 (so when i am actaully doing 60km/h my speedo reads at 30km/h) Any ideas on what this could be? i have talked to a few people (check my thread in the N/A section) but this has not been answered properly). Hame