SAU Community

Defected

Elliotws

Im pretty sure police are on a rampage atm with skyline owners, three of my mates have been defected in the past 2 weeks without giving the police a good reason to pull them over. my car is deliberatly kept looking modest to avoid this kind of attention from police. but last night for no apperent reason i was pulled over and defected for an internal wastegate..wtf?? and my pod filter, the copper missed everything else, but chose those two items as he had no fu**ing idea. im so pissed off with this crap. unfortunatly for all of us there are some people that are complete tools that have given skylines the stigma they now have.

So yeah watch out people, it looks like they will just defect us coz we have skylines. or i could just buy a holden or a ford and have the gear box fall out no thankyou...

thats why i keep a copy of the ADR's in my car! if they want to defect me they can show me were it says that its illeagel.

i remember once i was in a mates rs turbo liberty...stock exept a 3 inch exhaust and he got pulled over by the persuit ss. the copper in there was a dead head that knew nothin. he was reving the rs and doing all sorts of stupid crap. then turns around and says that he was going to defect it for having a bov. i asked whats wrong with a bov. he then stated that the vent EXHAUST gases to atmo's. i then pointed the STOCK return valve out to him and explianed what the bov do and that it wasnt a bov. he then said he will be watching my mate and drove off rather quickly

Edited by Turbz_13

If they pull that sort of crap grab their details and make an official complaint.

Its simply not on that a car can be defected for an imaginary modification as to clear a defect these days is a $200 inspection down at regency.

Elliot, what area/road were you defected on?

Internal Wastegate... WTF! Do they know how turbos work?? If they defect for that they would have to defect every car that came factory with a turbo! Stupid POO POO! Woop Woop, is the sound of the police... Woop woop, is the sound that i like least!!

KRS-One... Yes my son!

One of my mates that had been defected a few weeks ago were in the car, he was explaining that an internal wastegate was needed, but the pig said to us if we say anything else he'll book me for something else.

i was coming down milne road toward mcintyre road, he was behind me on milne but decided to follow me then pull me over down the bottom of mcintyre.

i went to the cop shop right after it happened i gota a blank stare from the stupid bitch at the counter, so i just said get me a complaint notice. Im just really pissed coz my car will be off the road for ages while i source stock suspension, airbox, take out power fc, avc-r, turbo....ect.

how much is a engineers compliance certificate thingo, would it be worth it ? especially if your car is off the road for ages each time you get defected

i think it costs a grand or so to have an engineer look at your car.... thats what i was told by the guy i bought the car from, he told me he paid that much when he did the engine swap for my GTR to get it through regency...

Im just really pissed coz my car will be off the road for ages while i source stock suspension, airbox, take out power fc, avc-r, turbo....ect.

mate, some of that stuff you wont need to remove.

pod filters arent illegal........my skyline passed through regency with an apexi pod.

wheres your power fc located? is it located behind the kick panel where stock ECU sits? anything they dont see, you wont get in trouble for...

if your turbo is low mounted and not visible, rather than like a shiny big chrome hair dryer with a huge stainless steel pipe coming out the mouth of it, you'll probably get away with it.

any visible interior gadgets youll have to get rid of. - ie avc-r, aftermarket gauges etc.

Do bare in mind it is the minority of police that spoil it for the majority.

If it were the majority every cop you see would be pulling us over and defecting for mods due to lack of knowledge.

Which is why if the car gets defected for an imaginary modification you must make an official complaint.

------

Was your pod filter secured? or was it flapping around?

i only got the pod filter secured on a bracket a few weeks ago when i got my turbo put in to avoid gettn defected for it. all the mods on my car are very hidden including the power fc unit. the cop couldnt find anything hence why he defected me for bullsh*t mods.

i am going to make an official complaint, ive got the sheet. I had my mate with me so he can back me up with what happened.

but it's true some cops pull me over to check if the car stolen and then they would usually say 'nice car' or something friendly, but unfortuantly i got an arsehole.

Edited by Elliotws