SAU Community

Advice Buying Gtr In Nsw.

locoloc

HI.

I have been searching compulsively for a 93/94 gtr in black (or at least not white)

I have found some clean examples in VIC but they all were white. And all the black ones were

in bad condition.

I have seen one advertised in NSW on car sales and it's a 93 black gtr. From the description it

sounds in good order, but who's to know. It's the one in Penrith for 19000. cant post the link for

some reason

So. Does anyone know of any services that I can arrange an inspection for the car.

Or is there any SAU members/moderators that would be willing to inspect the car for a fee.

I would prefer to be at the inspection but would like someone who is more mechanically aware

than I am to give a better judgement on condition of the motor.

In an Ideal world I would like a report on the condition of the interior / exterior etc and then take

the flight up to NSW to do a thurough check.

Also is there somehow to arrange for the car to be brought down besides driving it myself.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Loc

well I'm not sure about a good workshop out penrith way (I think there is one but can't remember its name?)

UAS is about 15min from there and they could do an inspection for you.

as for getting it home......shipping SYD-MEL is cheap, but why not drive it home and get to know it? flight to syd is cheap on virgin

yes, UAS do a good pre-purchase inspection. my 1993 GTR that I sold the new buyer had it inspected there. I think a full inspection including a compression check was around the $250 mark, but ring them for a quote. if you wanted to they could do a power check on the dyno for you too.

Thanks evryone.

I rang UAS and your right thier about $250

Now the only problem is trying to get the seller to take it thier.

From the sounds of it UAS are the most reputable but if anyone has any good commendations for

Race Solutions in Penrith as posted by BLK180 I might try them to make it more convienient for the seller

But by the sounds of it I think UAS may be a thurough option.

CHEERS.

ps. Now may be the time to also offer to sell a black gtr hehe

yeah race solutions are good. i've had my car tuned there. but given the choice for a pre-purchase inspection I would go to UAS for sure. they are at seven hills. not that far from penrith. maybe 20min drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am in the same boat as locoloc.

UAS seems to be the place to go for inspection.

Could someone please post the contact details of UAS.

btw, the car is in newcastle. Is there any other place nearby (if UAS is too far from Newcastle) that I can ask the seller to bring the car for inspection?

P.S. I am from WA.

thanks very much

Edited by R33GTSTSII