SAU Community

Should I Get A Non-turbo R33/34 Or Others If I Am P Plate Driver?

Kevin84

Get a gemmi or old corolla. Drive it like you hate it for 3 years.

Then buy the car you want. Dont buy a no turbo if you want a turbo car once you get your licence.

However if once you get your full licence you want an NA r33, Buy an r33.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im on my P's too, and i recently imported a r33 series 2 gts for about 11,000. im just gonna drive that until im off my P's then ill sell and i reckon by the time i sell it, i might be able to still get abit of profit from it.

im on my P's too, and i recently imported a r33 series 2 gts for about 11,000. im just gonna drive that until im off my P's then ill sell and i reckon by the time i sell it, i might be able to still get abit of profit from it.

Good to see more peeps getting N/A's get in the N/A section and start posting pics etc of your car go introduce yourself brother

NA skylines are as boring as bat sh!t, they will only leave you wanting a turbo. I had a drive of an NA Autech S15 the other day and that was a great car! (granted not as nice as the turbos) Light, and with decent power to learn with one you put an exhaust and a cold air setup on it.

You get a great chassis, gearbox and suspension setup with plenty of power to learn in. Plus you can make S15's look sexy as!

If i had a kid who wanted a sports car, I would be buying them an Autech S15 to learn on.

dont get a sports car lol.. i got my p's in may.. going to court in november 7th.. how fun.. 60kms over limit... recently got pulled over in my own street got canreyd for bald tyers "custom blowoff" cracked headlights few other defects... oh and iv been fined twice for driving a high powered vehicle.. no points lost (Y) :D.. skylines r cop bait on p's im not much of a hoon but i get caught out whenever i DO something but hey when im driving normaly down my street turning into my driveway they think its fun to pull me ov er 12:30 in the morning and canary me.. -.- on a thursday too.. -.-

dont get a sports car lol.. i got my p's in may.. going to court in november 7th.. how fun.. 60kms over limit... recently got pulled over in my own street got canreyd for bald tyers "custom blowoff" cracked headlights few other defects... oh and iv been fined twice for driving a high powered vehicle.. no points lost (Y) .. skylines r cop bait on p's im not much of a hoon but i get caught out whenever i DO something but hey when im driving normaly down my street turning into my driveway they think its fun to pull me ov er 12:30 in the morning and canary me.. -.- on a thursday too.. -.-

P's are like a massive target on your back, but if your not doing anything illegal then you have no problem.

NA skylines are as boring as bat sh!t, they will only leave you wanting a turbo. I had a drive of an NA Autech S15 the other day and that was a great car! (granted not as nice as the turbos) Light, and with decent power to learn with one you put an exhaust and a cold air setup on it.

You get a great chassis, gearbox and suspension setup with plenty of power to learn in. Plus you can make S15's look sexy as!

If i had a kid who wanted a sports car, I would be buying them an Autech S15 to learn on.

I disagree, sure I want a turbo. But some of us didn't have a choice due to P plate laws. And many aren't about to spend what like 18+k on a non turb s15.

I could care less about straight line power.. Twisties/track is where the real fun is at.

Learning in an s15 can get quite expensive. If you really want a skyline, go ahead and buy a non turbo. I think it'll be the perfect car to get experience in. I was thinking of purchasing a NA S13 because of these laws, but it's f**kin gay how they're more expensive than the turbo models.

im not much of a hoon

Ahem

i got my p's in may.. going to court in november 7th.. how fun.. 60kms over limit...

:D

If doing 60km/hr over the speed limit isn't your idea of hooning, then what in your mind does? Its not like you can accidentally stray that far over the speed limit.

they think its fun to pull me ov er 12:30 in the morning and canary me..

I think the cops were shit for pulling over some d1ckhead with a penchant for doing double the speed limit and driving on dead tyres too. They should have red stickered your arse and gotten you the fnark off the road.

I could care less about straight line power.. Twisties/track is where the real fun is at.

Then stay the hell out of a NA Skyline. :D

The Skyline's way too heavy and soft to cut it on a twisty road or through the bends on a track, and the GTS lacks the power to punch out of corners and make it up in the straights.

if i was a cop i would DEFINATELY pull over a car with that rego!

Yeah, changing your plates doesn't really matter if you're going to register cop-bait plates.

I wonder if the other two plates were FUP16S and STRACR?

Then stay the hell out of a NA Skyline. :dry:

The Skyline's way too heavy and soft to cut it on a twisty road or through the bends on a track, and the GTS lacks the power to punch out of corners and make it up in the straights.

I'll just pretend you never said that part in bold..

and the GTS comment.. We have a member here on our forums who has lapped faster than many GTR's gts-t's at his local track..

Of course some cars are faster, but not without a decent driver behind them.

'

I'll just pretend you never said that part in bold..

Go nuts.

and the GTS comment.. We have a member here on our forums who has lapped faster than many GTR's gts-t's at his local track..

Of course some cars are faster, but not without a decent driver behind them.

Your second paragraph invalidates your first. You're not comparing just cars (which is the topic), you're now comparing cars drivers. Take the driver out of the equation, and unless you're talking about a seriously modded GTS it would still run higher times should your member hop into those turbo cars (s)he passed and give it a go.

And so my ignored statement still stands. The GTS is not a particularly good point to point machine. A good driver drives around those deficiencies, but those deficiencies are still there.

Go nuts.

Your second paragraph invalidates your first. You're not comparing just cars (which is the topic), you're now comparing cars drivers. Take the driver out of the equation, and unless you're talking about a seriously modded GTS it would still run higher times should your member hop into those turbo cars (s)he passed and give it a go.

And so my ignored statement still stands. The GTS is not a particularly good point to point machine. A good driver drives around those deficiencies, but those deficiencies are still there.

THe first post.. I thought it was pretty obvious. You said skyline's (One would assume you mean all) lack the qualities for good track/twisty work..

Does Bathurst mean anything to you? The list goes on.. I'm not here to say skyline's are some ultimate machine.

If you aren't allowed to get a turbo, a non turbo skyline is a great place to start if you have the money to get to know and learn the inner workings of a skyline anyway.

I'd have NFI what I was doing if I lifted up the hood on a skyline after driving around in some shitter on my P's for a few years.

they arnt that bad i drive a non turbo and love it. even when i get off my p's i will most likely buy a non turbo r34. im not into going sidewayz heqtikly and launching...i drive like a granny

some good points for you to consider

you can pick up a 97 r33 series 2 N/A for $10g's in very good condition. you just have to find the right place.

they look exactly the same as the turbo models exept for different colored side badges (big deal)

they dont drink anywhere near as much fuel.

they dont f**k up as often (depending on the driver but generaly speaking) so less maintenance = a good choice for a daily driver

they have shitter brakes then the turbo model. probly the worst part about it really

they have 4 stud rims so getting a good looking set of rims can be very tricky. another bad point

a non turbo supra would be a good choice also, they go really hard and look pretty sweet too.

for all you peoples that are bagging out n/a's STOP IT

UR ARE FULL OF SHITE! i own a r34 n/a and i love her to bits, i could have brought a gtt but i didnt want to, i didnt want to wrap myself around a tree...................people on there p's should learn how to drive first, so if it means getting a n/a so be it. there are too many kids getting off there p's going and getting high powered turbo cars and either killing themselves or having a very serious accident.

if you have nothing nice to say about non turbo then SHUT THE F#@K UP, i hate turbo cars but i will not bag them out. respect peoples decisions and their rides.