SAU Community

Tsukuba Race Prep (all Finished, Some Vids & Pics ) !

giant

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work russ sorry i didnt make it up to give you a hand today i managed to break a oil ring last week and hks wont have them in stock for 3-4 weeks so i have had to organize and put some suspension in the missus car will be taking her car to track day on fri and be forced to use her car for indy rally.As mine is now on the back burner untill my rings arrive cant wait to see it in action once the wick is wound up if i dont speak to you in the meantime i will see you on fri take it easy mate.

hey guys

sorry m3gtr! i didnt deliberately skip your questions, just waiting for a bit more time! had a huge weekend this weekend building and fitting the engine. not sure of the place the uss auction was at but near chiba/Tokyo( i think that's how you spell it) and and no the car was passed in , we tried to bid but we were to slow! lol so we went and made an offer. ( not saying what that offer was :P )

my lack of answer was definately not to do with what you do or dont driv. The build will be expensive but most of the parts we already have, engine/transmission/ brakes/ interior/ and most body panels will be coming out and be sold, basically only want the shell and some runnning gear and steering.

roy - that evo is the business, bloody hell! i am sure we are in for an eye opener, we will give it our best shot and hopefully take the 34 back the next year.

angus - we are going in the open class! :D

T04GTR - umm the 5th gear was circlip had slipped along the shaft allows fifth gear to move along just out reach of the selector so you cant get it in. we made spcer shim so that if the circlip moves the gear cant go anywhere, we were seeing the problem mainly when we would miss shift from second to fifth instead of getting third.

hey dazza - the would give ya the sh#ts! whats she think about using her car for indy? lol like my wife sarah last year !! haha see ya friday!!

okay update

engine is built and back in the car!! :D and gearbox in too, will finish tomorrow night but have to get new front section of exhaust made tuesday as we had to fit neww dump pipes as the old ones were cracked.

hopefully dyno wednesday. and the all the warpaint goes on before friday.

post-17546-1191158505_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1191158361_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1191158633_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1191158751_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1191158825_thumb.jpg

we have set a goal all going well in japan to try and get inside the top ten! mark has a personal goal to try aand beat the whites mines r34 which runs 57's apparently , so we shall see! hah

Finalizing shipping details tomorrow, with a freight forwarder and all paper work has been approved to get his car out of country and the r34 into country.

cheers russ

thanks for the heads up Giant. Its so good to see you guys so dedicated towards this goal. Im secretly hoping you can show them a fair whack of aussie know how and ingenuity.

LOL...i can totally understand why you wouldnt want to tell me the exact price you paid, but you and i both know it was a hell of a lot cheaper than you wouldve got it for in Oz!! Good for you...Nur edition is it?

Id like to know when youll be here in tokyo. Ill come up and give you guys some support...throw a few beers on the table in salute of your efforts.

keep it up mate, its going gangbusters.

hey m3gtr

yeah i am really hoping we get a good go at it! nothing goes wrong no excuses! fingers crossed, the test this friday is very important and we need a really good run there for some speed testing,

all the warpaint should be on by then so will be getting photos and vids of the day, flying the Aussie flag on the bonnet!!!

i dont think it's a reall nur just v spec ! will be in Japn from the 1st to the 8 th of December and the racing is on the 5th (practice day on the 4th) the car will be staying in Japan

and going on display in the tokyo auto slaon in January.

hey yawn, it would be cool if he can beat the mines car ( mind you i would never hear the end of it! )

cheers russ

Hi Chris

Yeah , i met Steve in Japan about two months ago, absolutely top bloke, really know's he shit with suspension and tunning too!!

he has been unbelievable with help on the suspension on our car and is coming to Japan with us in December hopefully.

bloody small world!!

cheers russ

Hi Chris

Yeah , i met Steve in Japan about two months ago, absolutely top bloke, really know's he shit with suspension and tunning too!!

he has been unbelievable with help on the suspension on our car and is coming to Japan with us in December hopefully.

bloody small world!!

cheers russ

Yer he told me that he was going with you to Japan. And your right he seems like a gem of a bloke, he is working on my mates EVO and its now bloody quick. So quick i will have to forge my bottom end to run more boost just to keep ahead of him :-) Yer and a very small world

Hey Russ - are you worried about not being used to the new car/setup before going to Japan? Not much time to familiarise yourself with the new setup....

IN A WORD.... YES!!

Would be good to have more track time, with this set up but hopefully we will get two more full days here before it goes and a full day a Tsukuba the day before to practice and set up for the track, and we also have secret weapon!

intial testing has been that the car is faster and is easier to drive, so that can only be a good thing.

the new motor should give us another 1000 rpm of useable power , which help ratios heaps.

this friday is an important test!

cheers russ

Coming up quick Russ! Good luck with it mate, looks like it's coming along nicely!

Those dump pipes are a work of art, beautiful stuff.

Troy: I've got the Super Lap 2007 on DVD if you want to borrow it, I know you were trying to track some Super Laps down. I bought it from the US for $20 or so.

more superlap madness - Saurus R32 GTR at Tsukuba. probably a bit more like what Giant's car will be like than the all carbon fibre HKS Evo - that was pretty extreme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJjBrh6-qg

Wow, looks kinda fast. They were saying in the clip that it is an RB26/30, tuned down from over 1000hp. And it does 8 sec 0-400.