SAU Community

Tsukuba Race Prep (all Finished, Some Vids & Pics ) !

giant

we had a power steering belt come off in the afternoon

I know your pain, turn 1 with no steering on my 2nd lap out wasn't much fun. Thanks for the offer of assistance, we finally got the right belt on it just in time to drive home.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dirt, can you provide some more details on the parts used and the installation detail? Would you be keen to produce a kit for me/SAU members?

id be super keen for a kit too paul!

i reckon theyd sell just as good as ur 2wd switches :)

hi gents

hey paul ! good idea as gave as a bit of a scare !! will look at that (your setup)this week also will be fitting an idler pulley to stop belt flap.

as far as letting as japanese driver drive our car, no as this point that wont be happening, maybe in the future but this trip is to see how we stack in performance and driving.

a few pics of car at test day yesterday, video incar to come.

post-17546-1191657611_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1191657643_thumb.jpg

i just can't believe how well the car ran yesterday and the speeds managed! brakes are again being tested beyond their limit!

cheers russ

the only thing is how do you start the car? when it's off there is 0 pressure. actually I guess you just have to wait for it to build a bit of pressure on the starter then the switch will deactivate. I would like to see a kit set to cut ign and fuel at say 1bar and just have a rocker switch in cabin (preferably sprung so you have to hold it down) that you hit to enable starting.

also, it looks like I may be able to get a bit of time off early december and may crash this party in tsukuba. I'd love to see you guys turn a few laps and share a few beers after too. nismo festival the week before would be nice too as that's one thing I haven't done in japan.

also, it looks like I may be able to get a bit of time off early december and may crash this party in tsukuba. I'd love to see you guys turn a few laps and share a few beers after too. nismo festival the week before would be nice too as that's one thing I haven't done in japan.

MATE You are so very welcome to come along! it will be a blast

last count ithink there are 16 of us! let me know this week if you want to tag or whether you will do your own thing.

would be great to to meet you and have a few!

cheers russ

MATE You are so very welcome to come along! it will be a blast

last count ithink there are 16 of us! let me know this week if you want to tag or whether you will do your own thing.

would be great to to meet you and have a few!

cheers russ

dont forget to drop me a line too, when you get here Russ, im keen as mustard to get out and see you and the rest of the action , heck maybe even meet the legendary baron, even show you guys where its at for topping up in tokyo.

looking forward to december...

Adam.

2630 yeah needed to put some decals on the car to thanks those sponsors that are helping us out! but i love the all black look myself!

hey john, that was mark not me! havent even drivin the bloody thing yet! :)

russ

thanks 2630,

here's another

russ

awesome. the bit where you came across the fishtailing BMW 2002 was interesting but a little hairy! The car sounds great and is being driven well. I imagine you will have to have a look at gear ratios for tsukuba. It seems to me that it was well set up for QIR but wont you make the gearing a little longer, especially in 3rd and 4th for the japanese trip?

Russ, i am also wondering why youre using the standard GTR S-wheel???

surely its time to get a different tiller?

Adam

2630 yeah needed to put some decals on the car to thanks those sponsors that are helping us out! but i love the all black look myself!

hey john, that was mark not me! havent even drivin the bloody thing yet! :D

russ

Yeah as much as said i dont like them you have to thank ur sponsors if u are lucky enough to have them, again : :) Also love the rego plates :(

Edited by 2630GTS

i think the vid is making the gear ratios look quite short, but that is not the case.

mark is changing from third to fourth at about the 170 kph point and from fourth to fifth at about 230 kph , it was hitting to 275 odd on the back straight of the national circuit and 245 on the front straight in that video. with rpm currently top speed i think is about 285 kph.

cheers russ

the only thing is how do you start the car? when it's off there is 0 pressure. actually I guess you just have to wait for it to build a bit of pressure on the starter then the switch will deactivate. I would like to see a kit set to cut ign and fuel at say 1bar and just have a rocker switch in cabin (preferably sprung so you have to hold it down) that you hit to enable starting.

I use a toggle switch to override the relay circuit (you must use the toggle switch to start the car as a motor thats not running does not have oil pressure :) ). We use a 20psi hobbs switch. Once again Richard you are on the money.

DiRTgarage can produce a kit form of this system with all parts and full installation instructions if there is enough interest.

They will be made with the same high quality of the 2WD/4WD switch looms we already produce.

What do you guys think ? (there is some obvious interest)

Russ...sorry to whore your thread...but you guys can have one free of charge...hell ill even install it...it will only cost you guys a return plane ticket to come over and see you guys compete. :D