SAU Community

Skyline Vs Supra Track Day,

BNR32t

Which day for the track day? No dates yet. Tickets would be around the 150 to 155 mark with these numbers.  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell yeah!

bring it on skyboys :)

What he said - We would be all in it for a Skyline vs supra track day - possibly at Wakefield or Eastern Creek?

While the topic is raised, why not have a drag night at WSID the following week as well? I'm sure with both clubs involved, we can have a lane booked out for ourselves.

hell yeah!

bring it on skyboys :(

:P I can't be a skyboy... I got these (*)(*) but its okay... bring it on supragirls :)

EDIT: Oh cr@p Tuk Tuk said they're more like (.)(.) these days... bast@rd

Seems to be some interest, particularly if NSW SAU were invited. So why doesn't someone call Gary at Wakefield to determine what we need and inform the rest of the group.

The following is from wakefield website. As a guess we would want a Saturday or Sunday, with Tower Timing Room with 5X Fire Extinguishers with Flags and possibly a Track Marshal.

Track Bookings

Weekdays $2,050 per day

Saturdays $3,600

Sundays $3,800 (and public holidays)

Insurance cover is mandatory where the track booking sub-books others onto the circuit. (Please call for more information - speak to Garry Willmington directly)

NOTE : There are mandatory requirements if timing is used (please call for more information)

Options on Standby

Ambulance $495 per day

Water Truck $165 per day

Control Tower $150 per day

Tower Timing Room $55 per day

Tower VIP Room $55 per day

Fire Extinguishers $11 each per day + recharge $99

Crash Rescue Vehicle $330 per day

Fire Rescue Vehicle $66 per Day

Recovery Vehicle $165 per Day

Or Recovery per Tow $33

Wood Flour & Brooms $16.50 per set

Witches Hats $2.20 each per day

Overnight Security Guard $33 per hour

Flags (per set) $11 per day

Tilt Tray Recovery $200 per day

Track Marshal $250 per day

^ with the prices, it would be so much cheaper if we did it during the weak?

But more poeple would be able to make a saturday or sunday event.

Hmmmm.

Good interest. I will give him a call this afternoon. Got heaps at work this morning.

hell yeah!

bring it on skyboys :happy:

when did you guys slip in? trying to suss out the competition i bet :P

if its organised far enough in advance, a week day should be ok for those who need to get the time off work (most of us i would imagine!). that would also mean that the cost would be lower for those participating. in that "options on standby" list that Jon posted, are any of those forced options or are they per car if they are required? what does the basic outlay of money actually get us? timing, insurance, hire of the track only, garages?

Timing, insurance, ambo, marshel officer, the track all to us from 9 till 4. (as many laps as you can get in) The garages that are open near the carpark can be used both on speed of the streetdays and the hire of the track as far as i know.

I will be thinking of staying the night before to trackday in a cabin. A little more money but its far cheap to do so + it would be alsome just to get up at 8:30am

Also i might think about getting some trophies to help draw more people, It wont add much to the over all cost.

Edit: I agree with doing a weekday, Cuts the cost and everyone can get ONE day off.

Are we going to limit this to Skylines and Supras? Or cars with engines from ethier of the cars to try to stop have a massive speed diff?

I think that with the track booked for the day their will be heaps of room on the track after the first 1hour and if not it wont take long for people to have to cool their brakes and get fuel.

Would help heaps with numbers.

Edited by BNR32t

Also i might think about getting some trophies to help draw more people, It wont add much to the over all cost.

Already thought of that (great minds think a like), cheap as and it makes it seem so special.

Probably a big one that the winning club keeps and returns each year and a small one for the actual winner.

I've had a look over at the supra act forums and there is some interest, but not enougth for 20 cars.

Might need to consider including some other clubs making it a bigger pool. FPV Falcon V HSV Commo V Skyline V Supra V 300zx v RX7 v Evo v WRX etc

Maybe make it the battle for the best sports sedan.

:O I can't be a skyboy... I got these (*)(*) but its okay... bring it on supragirls :yucky:

hahaha, you funny lady :P

Sorry bout that, thought there wouldnt be any girls racing theyre cars, but im glad to see there is :worship:

Bring it on supragirls? ... no no, sorry,our supragirls are poser's, my apologies in advance.

P.S. bring it on skygal :P

Im keen...

Hopefully I'll have my semi-slicks by the day and then those big heavy Supra boys are in BIG trouble! :D

You need slicks to take us on? tsk tsk tsk...

Its ok, my heavy supra will catch you on teh straights :nyaanyaa:

when did you guys slip in? trying to suss out the competition i bet :P

Heheh, heard there might be some good ol racing, always up for competition, all in good fun of course.

Im not sure you will get even close to 20 supras for the track day, id be suprised you get 10, but i think its worth a try, if not then bring in a couple more car clubs to make up the numbers, maybe a all 6cylinder class?

The trophy idea is awesome, one for the individual outright winner(best time), while the club trophy i dont agree on.. (who gets to keep it, the president? and what if teh president doesnt even get involved etc etc, too much trouble), keep it simple.

Maybe trophy for best outright street tyres(no semi slicks) and another trophy for slicks/semi winner? to have it fair.

Just spoke to Wakefield, he is a break down of the approximate costings. Please note all pricing will go up next year particularly the track fee as Wakefield is resurfacing the track.

Weekday track $2050

Insurance $800

Timing people and room $550 (Must have ambulance on standby)

Ambulance $500

Marshal $250 (I can probably find someone that could do it a lot cheaper)

That is $4150 for the day lets say $4500 with price increases

Also there are costs for towing cars and using fire extinguishers etc on a case by case basis.

That makes it 30 cars at $150 each just to break even if no one brakes down etc. Dependant on the cars and drivers 5-8 cars on the track gives plenty of room, sessions of about 15 mins each seemed to work.

We could do something like invited club members $150, others $175. This encourages people to be members of clubs and brings more meaning to a club competition.

What are the other car forums that we would like attending? As Wakefield is small and tight don't write off the clubs like MR2 and MX5. On the other hand when is the next SAU NSW Wakefield track day planned? Why plan it ourselves if someone is already doing one?

trophies would be great. i would suggest 3 (providing its 'lines V supras). you could do fastest skyline, fastest supra and fastest club. fastest club being the avg of all the best laps from each driver of each car. the club with lowest avg lap time is the winner. or is that a little complicated? :)

possible to invite other clubs, but if you invite a big club like the ford or holden guys, then you'll have a lot more cars then needed (too many can be bad on the track) and you'll have 2 different clubs with 2 different interests. i think if we do invite other clubs, we should try and keep it imports only and leave the jap bashing bogan commodore drivers out.... perhaps open it up to the nissan silvia guys, or the wrx's? if we organise it far enough in advance, we should be able to let it sit for a while on both forums and if the numbers required aren't there, then we'd open it up to other organisations. i know for one that my bro owns a JZA70 and he is real keen to go, but doesn't get on the supra forums much. if we can get cars from both canberra and sydney, we should be able to get enough people....

also, if the numbers are looking good, it'd be worth telling the big magazines about it (HPI, Autosalon, Hot4's etc...) and possibly getting some coverage that way. that would make another good advertising tool if people knew that they might be able to get their car in a magazine....

You need slicks to take us on? tsk tsk tsk...

Its ok, my heavy supra will catch you on teh straights :P

Maybe trophy for best outright street tyres(no semi slicks) and another trophy for slicks/semi winner? to have it fair.

Well, the tyres that Im getting arent technically semi-slicks, they're still listed as a street tyre by CAMS cos they're street legal and not an R compound... So you might have the straight line power but watch out for the light weight, nimble silver R32 through the twisties mate :)

Oh and I wouldnt be SO sure about catching up on the straight either, its all about power-weight and even though we all know that Supra's can have big power, some of the "Skyboys" here arent short of a few extra kilowatts. :/

This should be very interesting (all in good fun)...

Im hell keen.

P.S. If you're slower than Michele it means that YOU GOT BEATEN BY A GIRL!!

"Skyboys" here arent short of a few extra kilowatts. :(

This should be very interesting (all in good fun)...

Im hell keen.

P.S. If you're slower than Michele it means that YOU GOT BEATEN BY A GIRL!!

awww I want extra kilowatts for this... I don't wanna be stock for this one, even YOU have more kw than I do *pout*

If I can't getcha on the track, I can beat you like this though :O

oh thats right, we're trying to beat Supras this time, not each other :(