SAU Community

$800 To Spend, Which Sub?

-=MC=- Coolio

ok so I'm not spending a million bucks, only got 800, so what 2x12" sub is best? or 2 seperate ones, whatever...

last time i checked you can get 2x10 square kickers for about 700 but that not your problem

the problem is the amplifier you need to run two twelves

last time i checked you can get 2x10 square kickers for about 700 but that not your problem

the problem is the amplifier you need to run two twelves

ok, then which amp is good for 2x12's then? I havnt bought any of my new system yet, so still looking around for amps and subs.

I know of Rockford item that will hammer them for that price (200.2 or a 300.1)

if you are looking for subs and amp in that budget then its not going to net much.

couple of questions:

how loud do you want it (or have it)

what do you listen to?

realistic budget?

if you are looking for subs and amp in that budget then its not going to net much.

couple of questions:

what do you listen to?

realistic budget?

$ 800 isnt really gona do nothing................

but i wouldnt get it from ebay cause u dont know of there quality

i recomend you go to JB hifi or Strathfirld car and speak to them

couple of questions:

what do you listen to?

realistic budget?

ok I think people are getting me wrong, the $800 is only for the subs, the amp budget is seperate. I can go to about 800 on the amp as well, so pretty much I got 1600 for subs and an amp.

and my question is, which subs and amps are best in this price range!

thanks

Edited by -=MC=- Coolio

I like the sound of Hertz Subs..

I say get one 12 inch or even one 10inch Mille series ;)

Its top of the range and you wont be dissapointed.

Now this depends on what type of music you listen too also..

BUT the most important factor is the amp..

No point buying a really good sub if you have a shit amp!!

Edit: just read the post above.. Soo you have 800 on an amp uh.. Why not the audison series? mono block perhaps? 2nd hand will be fine!!

Edited by siddr20

I like the sound of Hertz Subs..

I say get one 12 inch or even one 10inch Mille series :)

Its top of the range and you wont be dissapointed.

Now this depends on what type of music you listen too also..

BUT the most important factor is the amp..

No point buying a really good sub if you have a shit amp!!

Edit: just read the post above.. Soo you have 800 on an amp uh.. Why not the audison series? mono block perhaps? 2nd hand will be fine!!

Why does the music I listen matter?? Bass from a sub is bass whatever you listen to.

anyway, thanks for the hertz subs suggestion, they look really good, looking at the 12" ones.

and the audison look good, but which one? there are so many? ( well nearly 20 anyway)

If you listen to hi-5 a lot, then a smaller sub will do... They only have the occasional bass kick...

If you listen to Drum & Bass a lot, then the larger sub will work a lot better, be able to push out those long, low and strong wavelengths...

If you listen to hi-5 a lot, then a smaller sub will do... They only have the occasional bass kick...

If you listen to Drum & Bass a lot, then the larger sub will work a lot better, be able to push out those long, low and strong wavelengths...

yeah i suppose... but you gotta assume that anyone spending 800 bucks on a sub wouldnt be buying it to listnen to hi-5...

get nakamichi. 1 sub and 1 amp will be around $1300 both..

Nakamichi look like they make high quality subs, but they only sell one sub?? This kinda makes me feel like car audio isnt there focus, so would rather go with hertz over nakamichi. Unless some other people recomend nakamichi and they really are as good or better than a hertz equivalent priced sub. Does anyone know?

Well different subs have different effects..

Some are punch, some go really deep in terms of bass..

You dont want a sub going really low if you listen to rock and roll.. As you would want a punchy type sub

Whats your budget for amp? still 800?

want mono block? or 3 channel? or 4 channel?

Well different subs have different effects..

Some are punch, some go really deep in terms of bass..

You dont want a sub going really low if you listen to rock and roll.. As you would want a punchy type sub

Whats your budget for amp? still 800?

want mono block? or 3 channel? or 4 channel?

I want a deep and loud sub. As for mono, 3 or 4 channel i havnt got a clue... Whats the diff between them? which ones better than the other?

Well mono block is a dedicated amp for a sub.

2-4 channel can be bridged to power the sub as well as speakers.. You wont get the full amount of power from the amp powering yuour sub tho.. As some portion of rms/watts etc will power the speakers as well as the amp..

Hope that makes sense lol??

You will learn a lot from this forum too: http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/

Its car audio australia forums... largest one in aus i beleive.. very helpful info there

Also check out FHRX website.. has a tutoirals about amps and what you need in your car etc etc..

It outlines what you can spend with xx amount of dollars.. have a look

http://www.fhrxstudios.com/

Well mono block is a dedicated amp for a sub.

You will learn a lot from this forum too: http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/

Its car audio australia forums... largest one in aus i beleive.. very helpful info there

Also check out FHRX website.. has a tutoirals about amps and what you need in your car etc etc..

It outlines what you can spend with xx amount of dollars.. have a look

http://www.fhrxstudios.com/

thanks for the sites, according to the second site these are the parts I should be looking at if the budget for my whole system is around 2 grand:

• $2000 System
  • Source Unit: Alpine CDA-9857 / Clarion DXZ666MP / Pioneer DEH-P4850MP
  • Front Speaker: Boston SL60 / Crossfire SR6 / Digital Designs DDW6.5set / DLS MS6A / Focal 165V2 / Hertz HSK165 / Infinity Kappa 60.7CS / Morel Ovation 6 / Oz Audio Vector 650S3 / Polk DB6500
  • Amplifier: Audio System F4-260 / Audison SRx3 / Crossfire VR354 / Digital Designs C4 / DLS CA31 / Focal FP4.75 / Infinity 7541A
  • Subwoofer: Boston G212 / Digital Designs 2012 / DLS W312B / Focal 30A1 / Hertx ES300 / Image Dynamics ID12 / Infinity 120.3SE / Oz Audio Vector 12.3 / Polk DB124 / Treo TSi12
  • Cable: Audison Connection / Scosche / Stinger
  • Deadening: Dynamat / Scosche / Stinger

• http://' target="_blank">

I had a look at what they recomend for this budget and there not the best parts, but it's good enough for me. Now i have to pick which parts I'll use!

what do you guys recommend.

I always match my amp to the sub the manufacturer recommends. Meaning whatever sub you decide to use there is usually an amp designed for the specs of the sub.

As for what type to go, I don't know about much of the high end stuff. I went kicker.

Digital Designs... or MTX

Ive narrowed down my options after looking at all the different manufacturers options,

Ok the front speakers and sub are going to be either Hertz or Digital Designs. And the amp is going to be either Audison or Digital Designs. What do you guys reckon.

Also where is the best place or site to buy the audio gear from? specifically DD, Hertz and Audison gear?

thanks

Edited by -=MC=- Coolio

Ive narrowed down my options after looking at all the different manufacturers options,

Ok the front speakers and sub are going to be either Hertz or Digital Designs. And the amp is going to be either Audison or Digital Designs. What do you guys reckon.

Also where is the best place or site to buy the audio gear from? specifically DD, Hertz and Audison gear?

thanks

Check these guys out and check out Morel for speakers.

http://www.rmaudio.com.au/rma_web.htm