SAU Community

260rs Diff Query

tRUkbOY

im just trying to say there is more than one option

gtr

gtr is hte LAST option id do mainly becuase of hte cost

you can get an r200 and shim it and get great traction(or loss of it, whatever your desire)

im just trying to say there is more than one option

gtr

gtr is hte LAST option id do mainly becuase of hte cost

you can get an r200 and shim it and get great traction(or loss of it, whatever your desire)

I understand. If anyone else were to do it (and not start with a GTR diff like I did) then yes there are definitely more options. It is difficult finding a 4.11 ratio to match the GTR front diff though.

errr

let me rephrase then

for people that took the front driveshaft out, and need a diff...lol

:laughing-smiley-014: Sweet as.

Saturday went 90% as planned but I'm still short a LH axle. Just trying to figure it out at the moment. Unfortunately thats what happens sometimes when you make assumptions :yes:

Just so everyone knows; 260RS axle are not the same as GTR in either thickness (including splines) or length. They are the same diameter & spline count as R34 GT-T though.

MY RH axle is done using a combination of a RH GT-T axle & 260RS diff end & I am getting a GT-T CV modified to fit onto a R32 GTS-4 LHR axle as I write this. Hopefully should be done in a week or two as the guy is pretty busy.

All sorted.

* RS-Four hub carriers with 260RS (or GTR or R32 GTS4) hubs fitted hence enabling me to use my RS-Four adjustable coilovers

* R32 GTS4 LH Axle in the LHR (unmodified)

* R34 GT-T RHR Axle with 260RS ends

Anyone would be able to recreate what I've done easily enough apart from needing a 260RS axle of course

I could be mistaken, but I believe a Z32 axle was used when mine was changed over to Gtr rear. That's what I was led to believe, anyway.

That said, My rear track seems to be significantly wider than anyone else's ZI've seen (R34 GTR wheels sit juuuust outside the rear guards), so that may have something to do with it...