SAU Community

Gtr How Much Boost (i Searched Could't Find)

BlackR32

Hi All,

I am sure this is a re post but I did a search and found everything but.

I have just rebuilt my engine, pretty much stock other some some oil flow extras ;)

The car has aftermarket hi flow steel wheel bb turbos, exhaust, and a mines ecu.

Can anyone tell me how much pressure i can safely put into the motor? Im scared of blowing it up all over again. (Oil pump killed it the first time)

stock boost would be safe.

problem is your MINES ecu.

It is not tuned for AUS fuels.

If I was in your situation where I was now at least $6K lighter after the RB26 rebuild, I would either get a stock ECU or an aftermarket tunable ecu or even get the stock ECu remapped.

the MINES one will be the reason your engine will die if it dies again.

thats what I was going to say - the mines ECU.

They are exactly that - a land mine.

People think they are these crash hot ECUs and that their car runs so good with them. Shame its really detonating the ass end out of the engine, and killing it.

Get rid of it, and get a factory ECU, and then start saving for a Powerfc \ Link \ Haltek \ Emanage \ Autronic \ Microtec \ Millions of others

WOT HE SAID :)

BUT > after you refit your new ECU get a large hammer and bash the MINES ECU firmly and squarely in the middle of its backing case :(

Mike

thats what I was going to say - the mines ECU.

They are exactly that - a land mine.

People think they are these crash hot ECUs and that their car runs so good with them. Shame its really detonating the ass end out of the engine, and killing it.

Get rid of it, and get a factory ECU, and then start saving for a Powerfc \ Link \ Haltek \ Emanage \ Autronic \ Microtec \ Millions of others

Edited by The Alchemist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

bump!

I just bought some bigger injectors as a just incase, that and the stock ones were leaking .... again.

so with a stock uce, bigger injectors and new BB turbos, how much can the standard internals take?

now that you have a rebuilt engine, some rebuilt turbos, and bigger injectors your best bet is to bite the bullet and buy a Power FC. it can be easily tuned for your larger injectors and I would say you can safely run 18psi. that should give you around 300rwkw and at this point your air flow meters will be maxing out (not a huge problem though, it can be tuned around).

mines ecus are not the death boxes people make them out to be. japane hi-oku (hi octane fuel) is not some magic fuel. yes it's better than our 98RON but not by much. back when we had only 91 and 95 sure there was a big difference, but not so much these days. yes many mines maps run very rich and also run lots of timing. providing you get it checked on a dyno and look at the AFRs and have somone listen for detonation they can be fine. but yeah, in your case now that you are after more power, switch to something programmable.

Why are you going to spend $1000+ for a PowerFC, then install & then get it retuned when the stock ECU can be reprogrammed with Nistune to run bigger injectors/Z32 afms etc etc

My brother has the exact same setup as you, cept 34gtr steel wheeld turbos, nismo pump & all forged internals etc etc. Runs sard 700cc injectors on 15psi atm. Eventually he'll upgrade the turbos.

Car runs very smooth. Retune was $880 through hyperdrive here in Perth. They swap some of the ecu out initially (which is why its a little more), every tune after that is $145. They've tuned them fine with upgraded twins, but yet to do a big single

I know the power fc has a more capable processor but dont see anything wrong with the stocker. just my 2c

Mike