SAU Community

Newbies

Hi guys..new here..well kind of anyway. Used to post back when i have my V35 (totalled :P )..and since i can't remember my old user ID..had to register a new one..

Anyway..now i'm back with the 2008 V36 and loving every single second of it (never learned my lesson :( ). Will post pic when i get a photo shoot.

hey people, i've been leeching off these forums for info for the last few weeks and thought it might be time to say a big thanks!

made a great buy with the help of the fellas on this site, live in canberra but picked it up from private importer in sydney...

2003 350GT Coupe (5AT) with premium pack/tv and two cannons on the back, 30,000kms...pretty much brand NEW condition paint and interior...for only around 25k with 1year rego and 3 year labour and parts warranty!

looking to get some powder/shadow allow 19s probably put the 350z springs on it too and change some of the interior leds...other than that i like my baby clean, silver n sleek..

haha i'm so happy with it, actually best purchase i've made thus far carwise! one of i think 3 in canberra nobody seen this sh1t coming!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys..new here..well kind of anyway. Used to post back when i have my V35 (totalled :P )..and since i can't remember my old user ID..had to register a new one..

Anyway..now i'm back with the 2008 V36 and loving every single second of it (never learned my lesson :D ). Will post pic when i get a photo shoot.

Hi Azmi, congrats on your purchase.

Welcome back to the V family. (Try not to crash this one. :rofl: )

hey people, i've been leeching off these forums for info for the last few weeks and thought it might be time to say a big thanks!

made a great buy with the help of the fellas on this site, live in canberra but picked it up from private importer in sydney...

2003 350GT Coupe (5AT) with premium pack/tv and two cannons on the back, 30,000kms...pretty much brand NEW condition paint and interior...for only around 25k with 1year rego and 3 year labour and parts warranty!

looking to get some powder/shadow allow 19s probably put the 350z springs on it too and change some of the interior leds...other than that i like my baby clean, silver n sleek..

haha i'm so happy with it, actually best purchase i've made thus far carwise! one of i think 3 in canberra nobody seen this sh1t coming!

Hi mate, congrats on your purchase. Are V35 rare in Canberra?

Hello guys,

I am Alphamox from Victoria. I'll be soon trading in my 2007 Toyota Aurion (which was a nice care btw) and hopefully will be seating in a 2003 Nissan Skyline 350GT sedan (manual version) in the next three weeks. Originally I was going to buy a 1998 nissan skyline R34 but I wanted something family-like (as I hopefully will be having a family of my own) and at the same time, very sporty and powerful (before my Toyota Aurion I blew big dollars on a mazda 6 mps, which didn't last me too long as parts were very expensive as these cars never really got into the market.

I just couldn't get over the manual transmission as my family and I have been driving manual cars for a very long time. I hope you guys can be patient with me as this will be my first ever grey import car. I'm just wondering how spare parts are for the sedan version of the V35 sedan? I've been calling around to some performance places around my area and they all state that the V35 isn't anything special and parts are easy to source and can be had the same time as any local delivered car. I just want to clarify this with the experts on these forums...When I mean spare parts I mean big items like drive shafts, engine, gear box, suspension, control arms etc...being an older car, are the prices reasonable or still expensive (mind you on my mazda 6 mps, the clutch cost 3000AUD excluding labour)

Thank You

Hello guys,

I am Alphamox from Victoria. I'll be soon trading in my 2007 Toyota Aurion (which was a nice care btw) and hopefully will be seating in a 2003 Nissan Skyline 350GT sedan (manual version) in the next three weeks. Originally I was going to buy a 1998 nissan skyline R34 but I wanted something family-like (as I hopefully will be having a family of my own) and at the same time, very sporty and powerful (before my Toyota Aurion I blew big dollars on a mazda 6 mps, which didn't last me too long as parts were very expensive as these cars never really got into the market.

I just couldn't get over the manual transmission as my family and I have been driving manual cars for a very long time. I hope you guys can be patient with me as this will be my first ever grey import car. I'm just wondering how spare parts are for the sedan version of the V35 sedan? I've been calling around to some performance places around my area and they all state that the V35 isn't anything special and parts are easy to source and can be had the same time as any local delivered car. I just want to clarify this with the experts on these forums...When I mean spare parts I mean big items like drive shafts, engine, gear box, suspension, control arms etc...being an older car, are the prices reasonable or still expensive (mind you on my mazda 6 mps, the clutch cost 3000AUD excluding labour)

Thank You

I think you'll find that most major components ie. engine, transmission, gear box (non-CVT), suspension are no problem mainly because the car shares a platform with 350z and also common parts with other locally delivered models. There is plenty of information on these forums so if you want to know anything specific you will probably find what you are looking for here. Good luck :)

Also given the high value of our dollar parts from the USA are also quite a viable option

Edited by MSKYO

I think you'll find that most major components ie. engine, transmission, gear box (non-CVT), suspension are no problem mainly because the car shares a platform with 350z and also common parts with other locally delivered models. There is plenty of information on these forums so if you want to know anything specific you will probably find what you are looking for here. Good luck :)

Also given the high value of our dollar parts from the USA are also quite a viable option

Thanks for the tip :banana: Well its only three weeks to go and it should be all good. I'll be getting a comprehensive check tomorrow and if all goes well then I'll be putting a deposit down. The private importer where I am buying is confident that it will pass with flying colours.

As for servicing, I'm not sure where to start as the one I'm buying doesn't have any manuals or service books. All I can go of is the import papers and the odometer itelf. How to I get a V35 manual and a service book for this vehicle??

Thanks for the tip :P Well its only three weeks to go and it should be all good. I'll be getting a comprehensive check tomorrow and if all goes well then I'll be putting a deposit down. The private importer where I am buying is confident that it will pass with flying colours.

As for servicing, I'm not sure where to start as the one I'm buying doesn't have any manuals or service books. All I can go of is the import papers and the odometer itelf. How to I get a V35 manual and a service book for this vehicle??

www.jpnz.co.nz

They make the english books you need.

Hey everyone,

I'm on the east side of Melbourne and just got my 2001 300GT this week and am absolutely loving it!

My car is an Auto, 66,000km with the bose stereo, looks like it was ordered with the Premium options minus the

leather seats for some strange reason, gotta say the old man beige interior is already growing on me haha.

I was without a car and short on time so I bought a car that Import Factory in nunawadding had in the show room.

I've been very happy with the service from these guys so far and would definitely reccomend checking them out

if you're in the market. They're obviously all enthusiasts rather than salesman.

This forum has been a great help already and I'm sure I'll be back often when I've got the cash to move away

from absolutely stock standard as it is now.

Hi guys,

I got my hands on a v35 premium a few months ago. Its quite impressive for being n/a. I think it will be a sin not to release a few more kw, so I'm mapping out the things that would add power and gona take it slow and see how she goes.

I've done a few mods, ie. A/v inputs, tv tuner, screen bypass, intake tube. I've removed the spare, added a small compressor with tyre goo bottle, so im a little lighter now.

The Exhaust and plenum spacer will close the book on the basic mods. Then after that I'm in no mans land.

I am an electronics technician by trade, grew up in Doncaster (Melbourne) and work in port Melbourne.

I'm lakeshore slate, dark tints, you can't miss it amongst the bommodores out there.

If you see me cruising down eastern, pull up a lane and throw a nod my way.

Hello guys,

It's been a while from my last post and thanks once again to the tips provided, especially in regards to sourcing the owners book and manuals. I've just made my order now and should arrive hopefully sometime next week. The mechanical check went great by state roads inc. Scored 80% in everything, perhaps one thing that concerned the inspector was a slight vibration travelling along the gear knob at higher rpm, but I confirmed this on other forums that it is normal, especially in this particular year. Just wondering what others hold on this finding. Other than that, the inspector was happy with the vehicle in general and everything was working the way they should. The car has no evidence of being in a major accident, and the km's are genuine according to the import papers.

The time when I'll be collecting my v35 has been reduced. I'll be actually driving away in it next Tuesday. I'm very very excited. The car itself is pretty much a standard model with the exception of a cat back stainless steel exhaust kit (brand unknown), which sounds awesome and not too loud. I'm also lucky it came with a sunroof (big plus as I go on long drives with the family). The car came with a pod filter attached to the factory intake set, but I told the importer to put it back on as I may opt for a proper kit (like Fujita) in the future. The only negative is that the radio does not switch on, but fortunately the aircon works ;) and appears that the previous owner in Japan has put an aftermarket din kit (radio currently in car is aftermarket and not genuine nissan item). I'll be buying a decent in dash unit from ebay for 500 dollars (some people suggest using branded items, but I had these so called-cheap units from ebay on my aurion and they haven't let me down).

I'll keep everyone updated

Edited by Alphamox

Hey guys,

Glad to be a part of this great community, this place has so much useful information! I have been looking at a V35 for a long time and I am finally getting one. Its a 2006 coupe and I am getting it through Kristian of Iron Chef Imports. I am just waiting for it to get on the boat, which is towards the end of December. I can't wait!

Welcome Mickhail...

I'm fairly new too to the SAU side of things. There is a wealth of info on these forums to keep you busy. You will sure love the

V35 series of skylines. Very nimble and responsive and mind you that is in a sedan, I have yet to be in a coupe

Hi guys,

I got my hands on a v35 premium a few months ago. Its quite impressive for being n/a. I think it will be a sin not to release a few more kw, so I'm mapping out the things that would add power and gona take it slow and see how she goes.

I've done a few mods, ie. A/v inputs, tv tuner, screen bypass, intake tube. I've removed the spare, added a small compressor with tyre goo bottle, so im a little lighter now.

The Exhaust and plenum spacer will close the book on the basic mods. Then after that I'm in no mans land.

I am an electronics technician by trade, grew up in Doncaster (Melbourne) and work in port Melbourne.

I'm lakeshore slate, dark tints, you can't miss it amongst the bommodores out there.

If you see me cruising down eastern, pull up a lane and throw a nod my way.

G'day mate,

I actually cruise down Doncaster alot as my friend lives around there...we should meet up one of these days......I'll have my car by Tuesday

Hey guys,

Glad to be a part of this great community, this place has so much useful information! I have been looking at a V35 for a long time and I am finally getting one. Its a 2006 coupe and I am getting it through Kristian of Iron Chef Imports. I am just waiting for it to get on the boat, which is towards the end of December. I can't wait!

Good luck Mikhail, Hope shes a beauty. This was the most difficult part of the whole deal. -The waiting. Finally seeing it getting the keys and taking off -you bought this this baby here quite special !

Edited by ELFGT350

Hey guys,

Good luck Mikhail, Hope shes a beauty. This was the most difficult part of the whole deal. -The waiting. But getting the keys jumping in the first time knowing you bought this this baby here quite a special feeling !

Hey guys,

Hi Mikhail,

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the V-series community.

There will be events (Cruises and meet-and-greet) for V-series owners in WA occasionally, so please come along and meet like-minded VQ-series enthusiastic owners when you can.

Good luck with the process of getting your car to Perth.

Edited by Victor.T

just joined looking for some people that can help me source some parts for my 03 infiniti 35 sedan so looking for some jdm or atleast oem parts for my car. 5 sp auto for now until i get a 6 speed manny swap

Hi mate, congrats on your purchase.

Which state are you from?