SAU Community

Questions Regarding F50 Cima

Mr Eps

do you think you are who i think i am ?

seven.

they're nice cars but my *personal* two cents - they're not worth it - i had my heart mind body adn soul set on one of these - but i didn't buy one because owning one would be like

..you know those headache tablet ads?

"tired of waking up feeling like this?"

*cue jackhammer sound, cue car honking sound, cue kids screaming, cue glass breaking etc etc*

it'd be like that ad

only it wouldn't go for 10 seconds. it'd go for like 5 years.

• 2 years later...

Anyone else got one of these still, or any new owners?

Kinda interested in them. Not looking at buying soon, but it's something I'd like to look at. Would like to get as much info and stuff as possible. They seem like such a beautiful car...

They are now so cheap that it's literally a no brainer.

You'd be mad not to import one, really.

I personally pick the uzs171 Toyota crown majesta... Buuuut that's just me.

The F50 cima has gotten so cheap that they're very justifyiable to import... Nobody buys them however because they're not cookie cutter rwd turbo manual imports...

Things you *do* need to be aware of, though...

Satnav will obviously not work... Which isn't that important cos lets face it - how often do you REALLY use satnav.

You'll need to sort out a stereo of some sort down the track... I think metra make an adaptation kit however.. But that's not that important either...

Lastly, the suspension setup... If you can... Try to get one that already has adjustable coilovers installed... The setup is the old school gear that needs to be welded into the hub and custom installed... So when you want low... And- you will...

It can be difficult trying to get them installed if you don't know what you're doing :-)

Hope that helps, and happy hunting!!

They are now so cheap that it's literally a no brainer.

You'd be mad not to import one, really.

I personally pick the uzs171 Toyota crown majesta... Buuuut that's just me.

The F50 cima has gotten so cheap that they're very justifyiable to import... Nobody buys them however because they're not cookie cutter rwd turbo manual imports...

Things you *do* need to be aware of, though...

Satnav will obviously not work... Which isn't that important cos lets face it - how often do you REALLY use satnav.

You'll need to sort out a stereo of some sort down the track... I think metra make an adaptation kit however.. But that's not that important either...

Lastly, the suspension setup... If you can... Try to get one that already has adjustable coilovers installed... The setup is the old school gear that needs to be welded into the hub and custom installed... So when you want low... And- you will...

It can be difficult trying to get them installed if you don't know what you're doing :-)

Hope that helps, and happy hunting!!

Thanks for the reply mate.

Well I've seen a few already low, VIP style inspired, and thats basically what I'm after. Some are quite low, and some on airbags. How would the go for compliance?

Satnav I'm not concerned about, I can fluke my way around anyways lol...

Whats up with the stereo?

Can you import the Crown Majesta? I love me big Toyota's (I love my LS400)

cheers,

You'd need to speak to someone other than myself for a confirmation regards to 17 crown but as far as I know, they're still at test car phase, I was going to do the test car myself however life got in the way and I didn't....

BUT there is a 17 crown on carsales of someone saying they can now import them... But that's a crown comfort they're featuring, not a majesta (that's the NA 2j version which is kinda odd considering the crown comfort never made it to import approval.... So maybe they're a typo and are dumb and the crown IS now ready for compliance?)

Either way, you'd need to speak to *someone* else.

As for F50 cima compliance, if it's got airbags etc like aftermarket air runner system... Id advise against it. Compliance shops are supposed to make the car comply as close to the engineering guidelines laid out for that car as possible...

Meaning, "compliance" to the rules... Meaning... No suspension mods. No rims. No pod filters.. No body kits. Nothing.

However, the truth is... Certain shops will "turn a blind eye" to certain things because it's impossible for them to be reprimanded for it, as they can simply pass the buck and say "wasn't my fault"

So, you can have a shop that'll say "Nup not complying that we need to change the suspension" and charge you a grand for the labour involved... Or change your plug n play HID kit over to regular bulbs n charge you 500 for labour...

Or charge you $70 for "preinspection"

You could get a shop that does that, like DownUnder Autos located in Wangara (sup guys)

Or you could end up on the other end of the stick like me... And import two highly modified cars that shouldn't have ever passed compliance but had the blind eye turned, and just got "put through" with no complaice work done and left me to clean up the mess (lucky for them i am able to clean up their negligent activities) Like Luxury and Performance Vehicles in Melbourne (sup guys)

so yeah. It's best to speak to GOOD brokers like iron chef and import monster for the 411... They know their stuff and can point you into the right directions :)

For common sense however i advise against importing a bagged car... It's always gonna be headache complying and even bigger headache to register!!!

Good luck!!

You'd need to speak to someone other than myself for a confirmation regards to 17 crown but as far as I know, they're still at test car phase, I was going to do the test car myself however life got in the way and I didn't....

BUT there is a 17 crown on carsales of someone saying they can now import them... But that's a crown comfort they're featuring, not a majesta (that's the NA 2j version which is kinda odd considering the crown comfort never made it to import approval.... So maybe they're a typo and are dumb and the crown IS now ready for compliance?)

Either way, you'd need to speak to *someone* else.

As for F50 cima compliance, if it's got airbags etc like aftermarket air runner system... Id advise against it. Compliance shops are supposed to make the car comply as close to the engineering guidelines laid out for that car as possible...

Meaning, "compliance" to the rules... Meaning... No suspension mods. No rims. No pod filters.. No body kits. Nothing.

However, the truth is... Certain shops will "turn a blind eye" to certain things because it's impossible for them to be reprimanded for it, as they can simply pass the buck and say "wasn't my fault"

So, you can have a shop that'll say "Nup not complying that we need to change the suspension" and charge you a grand for the labour involved... Or change your plug n play HID kit over to regular bulbs n charge you 500 for labour...

Or charge you $70 for "preinspection"

You could get a shop that does that, like DownUnder Autos located in Wangara (sup guys)

Or you could end up on the other end of the stick like me... And import two highly modified cars that shouldn't have ever passed compliance but had the blind eye turned, and just got "put through" with no complaice work done and left me to clean up the mess (lucky for them i am able to clean up their negligent activities) Like Luxury and Performance Vehicles in Melbourne (sup guys)

so yeah. It's best to speak to GOOD brokers like iron chef and import monster for the 411... They know their stuff and can point you into the right directions :)

For common sense however i advise against importing a bagged car... It's always gonna be headache complying and even bigger headache to register!!!

Good luck!!

Thakns for the reply again Rowan. Appreciate all the info...

Yeah, being that when I do come to getting an F50 (or whatever other import I end up changing my mind to), I want it pretty hassle free. Don't know much about, and never done it before.

Yeah, I've seen a few on airbags, that look cool, and having bags already saves me doing it later (which I'd inevitably want to do).

I've been speaking to Troy from Iron Chef, and he has been mighty helpful too, so when it comes to the crunch I dare say I'll be sticking with them...

These certain compliance shops that turn a "blind eye", would they turn a blind eye to airbags rofl... I mean, ideally I'd like to buy a car that is low, with some nice rims, and all that. With the hours I work I'd never have time to do it myself, so if it comes already done, or mostly then that is awesome for me...

Some bloody nice Cimas on there. It's a toss up between Cima or Celsior UCF30 / LS430, or maybe Crown, but I'm leaning for F50 Cima, and it's uniqueness.

So jzs but not UzS??

That's bloody confusing cos there's the majesta looking one on carsales that claims it a sevs car... Although they're photos of a car from Japan so they probably don't know what they're doing

• 4 weeks later...