SAU Community

Fishing Spots

dan_the_man

The way the foreigners have over fished all of our local fishing spots and catch well over legal limits theres pretty much no good local fishing haunts left unless you go off-shore.

Best bet is THE little river fishing farm. Like shooting fish in a barrel :worship:.

I really hate greedy FU*kers....... that spoil t it for others. When my son is old enough I would like to take him fishing as well.

But with the on onslaught of people from the east and foreigners over fishing theres going to be buckleys of that happening.

END Rant......

The reason for me saying foreigners and easties is because a friend of mine is a fisheries officer and deals with these people constantly at the coal face.

I would actually tend to disagree with you views on eastern staters and foreigners being the cause of lack of fish stocks in WA, the metro area in particular. Suffice to say the reasons are many and it would take a person much smarter than i to detail them all but in my experience people born in WA would have a far more impact on our fish stocks. But that isn't nearly as sensational as taking a look at one of our Northern suburbs beaches this Sunday.

Anyhoo Dan, with kids keeping their interest can be hard if they aren't catching anything so as a first start an aquaculture place would be the best bet. Golden Ponds off Thomas Rd is one that hasn't been mentioned. If you're against paying for the experience but must catch something for the little fella head to one of the rock walls/groynes along the coast, use small baits and remember berley is your friend :nyaanyaa: Good luck, but beware if he gets hooked (sorry for the bad pun) you're going to be up for some interesting christmas gift requests.

Cheers.