SAU Community

Software :)

Thats not quite what I had in mind..Thinking programmer send to all.But I like the way your thinking..The main thing is he gets as many as possibly required for the local market and covers his cost. Anyone that misses can then buy or borrow from whoever else got one on here. Your opt

Like the little Johnny joke:

Johnny says to teacher : If three woman are eating ice cream and 1 bites the cone from the bottom 2nd just bites the ice cream & 3 rd licks the top slowly round & round, then takes the whole cone back & forth gently..Which one is the married one ?

Teacher replies the 3rd. of course.

Johnny answers-no the one with the ring on her finger..but I like the way your thinking

Sorry guys just trying to lighten it up a bit here...

This isn't a bad idea. Group buy - but for 1! Andy tell him I'll order 50-100 disks and then I can re-sell them here on the forum :D

guys,

looking into this firstly. IF I can get my hands on the consult software for the V35/M35 and IF it will sort out the display (IE english instead of japanese) would there be interest. looking firstly

if it works then I would be doing the cars (as requested) at compliance here in brisbane. THIS WILL NOT FIX THE NAV!

I'm getting 2 or so requests a week for the whole system to be put to english so I may as well do something about it :banana:

who's interested?

Sounds good ......just not sure its available for an 06 V35 ?

How long till the conversion arrives?

Andy's answer: ohh the guy has gone to the toilet for the next 6 months sorry boys.

Just trying to stir the pot up a bit lol

Man how long is this idiot in russia going to take he is pulling your leg.

In the mean time i have completed a course in japanese so there is no need for the conversion cd anymore :P

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - almost took me as long to read this entire thread as it has for the Ruskie Hacker to develop his protective measures prior to releasing the software/firmware translation :P

I admire the patience of all those that have been aware of this possibility... nearing 18 months now. But they do say that good things come to those who wait... I think we have served our time :)

For the record - please add me to the list of wannabes for this English conversion. Thanx.

- TZ!

He is working on a web page where you will be able to download the conversion and burn your own disc.

The aim is that the you will make payment and then you will be given an access code to download the conversion part 1. The 2nd part of the conversion is then created from a unique security code that is generated by the first disc. This ensures each disc is only able to be used for 1 conversion.

Hey Andy, this baffles me. How does this ensure that each disc is only able to be used for one conversion? We load them into the cars DVD ROM, yeah. ROM's can't write data back to the disc (furthermore, the disc would probably have to be finalised by whatever DVD burning application we use to rip this software which prevents any further data from being written to the disc anyway). So what would stop the conversion discs from being used more than once? I mean, one V35 wouldn't know if another V35 has used the same conversion discs - surely?! Especially if the software can't mark the CD's as having already being used.

Yup - BAFFLED.

- TZ!

Hi Guys

The developer has given me a photos of the conversion for the first few screens. These are shots from actual conversions.

The conversion to English is on going and I am hoping may be ready in December but be assured it is happening and I have got used to having English on my first few screens and take it for granted now but I am sure you will all be happy with the result when it is complete.

The opening screens is a mock up with the SUA logo and will have a different logo at the completion.

The fuel consumption screen has been changed to liters per 100km.

Cheers

Andy

This is just an aesthetic observation I've made with one of the screen shots you posted earlier --> Fuel Consumption Pic.

The picture of the leaf in the Fuel Consumption screen has had the colour slightly changed. With it turning red at the tip of the leaf - when fuel consumption is at its most economical. To my way of thinking, I would have thought the base of the leaf should be red (least economical) and the tip green. Maybe this is a Russian thing... or maybe I've got things backwards :huh:

What do you think?

- TZ!

That's because Andy in the past asked whether we wanted to keep the Japanese km/ltr consumption figure or converted into Australian's favourite ltr/100 km figure. It seemed to be a consensus that majority want the 'Australian' way of ltr/100km.

Earlier, there seems to be no objections for the programmer to convert it into ltr/100km, so if the Russian programmer do go ahead with that conversion, the higher the number is the least economical, so the base of the leaf is green and the tip above is red (least economical) as you will consume more fuel / 100km travelled. so the Russian programmer is on the right track.

If you don't like the way it is, then it's probably too late now as the screen looks like will be converted to ltr/100km as part of the english conversion.

IMHO, the Japanese way is better because by travelling economically you can see the whole leaf turns green.

While converting it into the Australian way, you will end up with a leaf with a green base but colourless tip.

too late to go back now, I reckon since Andy said the conversion is finished and they're only working on distribution scheme/anti piracy methods.

I reckon the original km/l is perfect as you should always start with your base unit of measure.

I also believe the leaf is also perfect in original format. When I first saw the pic I thought that was just an illustration pic not actual.Least thats what Andy said.

Still I guess thats the least of our concerns at the momemt.

Hey Andy, this baffles me. How does this ensure that each disc is only able to be used for one conversion? We load them into the cars DVD ROM, yeah. ROM's can't write data back to the disc (furthermore, the disc would probably have to be finalised by whatever DVD burning application we use to rip this software which prevents any further data from being written to the disc anyway). So what would stop the conversion discs from being used more than once? I mean, one V35 wouldn't know if another V35 has used the same conversion discs - surely?! Especially if the software can't mark the CD's as having already being used.

Yup - BAFFLED.

- TZ!

In 10 seconds... the disc will self destruct...

That's because Andy in the past asked whether we wanted to keep the Japanese km/ltr consumption figure or converted into Australian's favourite ltr/100 km figure. It seemed to be a consensus that majority want the 'Australian' way of ltr/100km.

Earlier, there seems to be no objections for the programmer to convert it into ltr/100km, so if the Russian programmer do go ahead with that conversion, the higher the number is the least economical, so the base of the leaf is green and the tip above is red (least economical) as you will consume more fuel / 100km travelled. so the Russian programmer is on the right track.

Ahhhh CLICK - of course! Nice pickup, rs73 ;)

So that means the entire leaf will be lit even when idle :/

If you don't like the way it is, then it's probably too late now as the screen looks like will be converted to ltr/100km as part of the english conversion.

IMHO, the Japanese way is better because by travelling economically you can see the whole leaf turns green.

While converting it into the Australian way, you will end up with a leaf with a green base but colourless tip.

I was debating in my own mind (on my 75km trip into work tonight) which stat I prefer... must say that the Japanese way has grown on me - like wasabi coated peas :)) I am used to discussing these stats in ltr/100km but for monitoring the cars fuel consumption with this leaf, I do believe that km/ltr is more suited.

too late to go back now, I reckon since Andy said the conversion is finished and they're only working on distribution scheme/anti piracy methods.

Well, yeah you would think it was too late but if the developer takes several more months to release the software I'm sure he can find the time to recode the leaf in between tweaking his distribution scheme/anti piracy method :P

- TZ!

LOL @ Stephen Thorpe

Your mission, Jim, should you choose to accept it, is to assist Andy in obtaining a copy of the V-Series Skyline English Translation Software from the Russians. As usual, should any of your team members be caught by the Ruskies, the SAU Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct in five seconds...

- TZ!

His plans are that there will be 2 discs;

Disc 1, will install and produce a unique code that will show on the screen.

That number gets sent to the developer and within 24 hours a the final disc will be ready to download.

Disc 2 is a unique version with the serial number produced from disc 1, encripted in the 2nd disc.

that is the theory, waiting to see the final product.

Cheers

Andy

His plans are that there will be 2 discs;

Disc 1, will install and produce a unique code that will show on the screen.

That number gets sent to the developer and within 24 hours a the final disc will be ready to download.

Disc 2 is a unique version with the serial number produced from disc 1, encripted in the 2nd disc.

that is the theory, waiting to see the final product.

Cheers

Andy

Awesome! Thanx for the theoretical details, Andy. I'm a little less baffled now. Appreciate it ;)

Now all we need to do is get hold of a copy ---> Locate a Polish developer (or even a local hacker) ---> Reverse engineer the encryption ---> Share!

Naaahh, all good. The developer has obviously put some effort into this production and deserves the rewards... so long as the asking price is reasonable after all this time.

- TZ!

Actually, hope you are getting some type of kick-back/finders-fee for all your middle man antics, Andy. Nigh on 18 months of forum updates and coordination with this chap must be starting to take it's toll :D

Keep up the great work!

- TZ!