SAU Community

Software :)

Compas will be off because we're in southern hemisphere, while it is originally built for northern hemisphere car...

Can't do anything about it as far as i know - chris roger has told me before it will be off...

If you have kids just lie to your kids that it's correct (or if you have directionally-challenged mates)

This is something I dont get, why the heck is the compass off... North is still north whether you're in the sourthern or northern hemisphere... :thumbsup:

Cos I don't think V35 compass use magnet. it uses GPS signal which are configured to certain northern hemisphere satelites.

that's why it stuffs up

my bad... coming into conclusion too early... I went off to do some quick search... I think most of us didn't realise there are Northern Hemisphere Compass and Southern Hemisphere Compass... so it may use some sort of magnetic compass and/or combination of GPS....

That was a very good question...

http://www.williams.edu/Biology/Faculty_St...ng/compass.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass

So there are two versions of compass made... the ones on our V35 are the northern version

Compass works 100% and is accurate.

And it seems to have a point near the city it wants to get to.

Surely someone else's must work

yep pretty sure mine works too ill check tommorrow

Compass works 100% and is accurate.

And it seems to have a point near the city it wants to get to.

Surely someone else's must work

Are you all located closer to the equator (e.g. QLD) or where?

I'm in VIC and mine don't work properly...

Well I'm in Melb and it didn't work properly... I read about if northern hemisphere compass is used in the south, it needs to be tilted in a way for it to work, the reason is because the earth magnet is actually pulling downwards towards the core, not towards the north/south pole in a kind of way... so the further south I am from the equator the harder it is for the northern hemisphere compass to work properly...

not sure if that sounds kind of logic, but if this is true, then QLD V35 owners should have your compass working properly...

Well I'm in Melb and it didn't work properly... I read about if northern hemisphere compass is used in the south, it needs to be tilted in a way for it to work, the reason is because the earth magnet is actually pulling downwards towards the core, not towards the north/south pole in a kind of way... so the further south I am from the equator the harder it is for the northern hemisphere compass to work properly...

not sure if that sounds kind of logic, but if this is true, then QLD V35 owners should have your compass working properly...

Well considoring i live all the way up north in Townsville ill have to check this out and get back to you guys

Thanks Matt ,Howd go with that vid ?

"INFO" Button - 4th button. has trip computer options/ Fuel cons/Dist to MT/ ave speed etc fiist two options/ Third option is the 4 Service meters, forth option is FM tuner. Nothing else there.

Third Button "MENU" Button does nothing on mine. So I guess this is same problem everyone else is having. (unless u need navi dvd in) Mines an 11/2005 premium.May have to catch up at the next 350GT meet and compare if I can make it.

sydney

and compass is the bottom of the first column in the menu part. 4th button across to get to that menu

Ok I was driving out tonight and the compass works BUT it was off by 90 degree...

For example if I am facing South, it will point West, if I am facing east, it wlil point South....

How do I fix this... anyone know if there is a 'sensor' box under the dash that I can perhaps turn sideways 90 degree to fix it?