SAU Community

Software :)

Ok I was driving out tonight and the compass works BUT it was off by 90 degree...

For example if I am facing South, it will point West, if I am facing east, it wlil point South....

How do I fix this... anyone know if there is a 'sensor' box under the dash that I can perhaps turn sideways 90 degree to fix it?

Easily fixed...

drive Sideways, come on Rianto... think logically man.

It says something here about the tilt angle or dip, and as you progress further into the northern or southern hemisphere the magnetic field will point partially downwards....

So I guess if they set it up to take into account this dip in the northern hemisphere, it would be doing the opposite of what adjustment would be needed in the southern hemisphere.

damn...

well I tried driving sideways, fixed the problem but scared the hell outta my missus...

I guess I just have to use the aus garmin nav screen...

I had mine up the last night and it was off exactly 180 degrees, that is heading North it pointed to South, heading East it pointed to West, heading West pointed to East. I would think if someone were changing the software it would be fairly easy to swap N and S, and W and E? or maybe turn or flip the unit it is in 180 degrees?

I'm in Perth...

Hi guys... any word/update on the jap to english conversion yet?

On a related note can i just clarify a few things as i'm looking at buying a 350gt in the next few weeks.

I understand that the gps isnt going to be converted, my main concerns are the computer on the premium.

From this thread am i right to assume that the conversion is only planned for the series 1 350gt.

Is there any language conversion done at all on later series??

obviously if late model 350's have no translation planned/possible then i should be looking at a nice condition series 1.

thanks for the help.

If you look a few pages back -Programmer is finalizing software for models up to 10/2004. But depending on demand may look at models thereafter.

Hi guys... any word/update on the jap to english conversion yet?

On a related note can i just clarify a few things as i'm looking at buying a 350gt in the next few weeks.

I understand that the gps isnt going to be converted, my main concerns are the computer on the premium.

From this thread am i right to assume that the conversion is only planned for the series 1 350gt.

Is there any language conversion done at all on later series??

obviously if late model 350's have no translation planned/possible then i should be looking at a nice condition series 1.

thanks for the help.

If you look a few pages back -Programmer is finalizing software for models up to 10/2004. But depending on demand may look at models thereafter.

I've read through the entire thread, and it looks like the programmer has been finalising the software for quite some time.

As stated, the reason for my interest is that I'm looking to buy a 350GT, and I'm trying to balance the compatibility of a language conversion with getting the newest model possible.

get the newest model possible no question about that. If the language conversion comes through treat it as a bonus no biggie. I've lived with the Jap writings for close to a year now...keeps its import authenticity :D

get the newest model possible no question about that. If the language conversion comes through treat it as a bonus no biggie. I've lived with the Jap writings for close to a year now...keeps its import authenticity :D

+1

Got my navi orginal dvds back today -Compass is spot on ! Sounds silly, but I hope people understand "True North"--this why some might think its about 90' out. Also I notice there are several settings (dont underastand them all yet) where you can fix a position and compass adjusts to N,s,e,w of that postion.

But if you check the GPS menu it always is reflects car postion to true north. Boy I dig that groovy japanese voice on the navi also.

What do you mean by "True North" - please ellaborate.

and my system didn't talk at all, just beeps. not sure if it's been removed or what...

The below explains true north from magnetic north. Basically True north is geographical north which is north pole. Whereas magnetic north is effected by the earths magnetic field and axis - is near canada.

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/geology/...a/magnetic.html

Sorry to complicate things when I posted prev. I meant to add that people often refer to North as the northern part of the city/state rather than either of the above.

I was surprised by the talking too! It was on the first (top button) (mine 11/05 model). Also noticed when you press ETC options it talks when navi disc is in. (instead of chimes when not). Will have to tie my borthers japanese partner in the seat and get her to translate one day !.

The below explains true north from magnetic north. Basically True north is geographical north which is north pole. Whereas magnetic north is effected by the earths magnetic field and axis - is near canada.

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/geology/...a/magnetic.html

Sorry to complicate things when I posted prev. I meant to add that people often refer to North as the northern part of the city/state rather than either of the above.

I was surprised by the talking too! It was on the first (top button) (mine 11/05 model). Also noticed when you press ETC options it talks when navi disc is in. (instead of chimes when not). Will have to tie my borthers japanese partner in the seat and get her to translate one day !.

Japanese Partner of your brother and she hasn't translated yet?

What's wrong with ya?