SAU Community

Software :)

Andy mate any news ?

I am hoping to have some screen shots of the other pages that are being converted in the next week but the complete conversion pack will not be ready before Dec.

We are in the hands of the developer and he is running behind. Sorry guys, we all want this badly including me.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

The developer has given me a photos of the conversion for the first few screens. These are shots from actual conversions.

The conversion to English is on going and I am hoping may be ready in December but be assured it is happening and I have got used to having English on my first few screens and take it for granted now but I am sure you will all be happy with the result when it is complete.

The opening screens is a mock up with the SUA logo and will have a different logo at the completion.

The fuel consumption screen has been changed to liters per 100km.

Cheers

Andy

post-41854-1227436616_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1227436630_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1227436644_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1227436767_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys

The developer has given me a photos of the conversion for the first few screens. These are shots from actual conversions.

The conversion to English is on going and I am hoping may be ready in December but be assured it is happening and I have got used to having English on my first few screens and take it for granted now but I am sure you will all be happy with the result when it is complete.

The opening screens is a mock up with the SUA logo and will have a different logo at the completion.

The fuel consumption screen has been changed to liters per 100km.

Cheers

Andy

LOL! Nice economy Andy!!

Looks great. Can't wait.

On the start screen, it states that there is no Disc. Will we have to have a disc in the DVD ROM at all times (not really an issue, just curious)?

Love the conversion to L/100km :D

Lastly, do you know if we will be downloading from a site & burning to DVD or will we be ordering and having a DVD shipped to us?

If shipped. Put me down for 2 please.

Awesome cant wait for it Andy.

LOL! Nice economy Andy!!

Looks great. Can't wait.

On the start screen, it states that there is no Disc. Will we have to have a disc in the DVD ROM at all times (not really an issue, just curious)?

Lastly, do you know if we will be downloading from a site & burning to DVD or will we be ordering and having a DVD shipped to us?

I think it means no disc is inserted for the sat nav not the translation CD.

Awesome cant wait for it Andy.

I think it means no disc is inserted for the sat nav not the translation CD.

Figured as much...

Andy, I have access to the Aussie maps on a Toyota Disc... Can't be updated though.

Do you know if it would be possible for the guys to fiddle to allow Toyota DVD's to play in the Nissan DVDROM?

I know it would end up being expensive ($400 for updated DVD from Toyota), but at least Sat Nav could be possible?

LOL! Nice economy Andy!!

Looks great. Can't wait.

Not my economy.... thank god.

I think the disc is about the GPS disc. You will not have to leave the conversion disc in the unit.

He is working on a web page where you will be able to download the conversion and burn your own disc.

The aim is that the you will make payment and then you will be given an access code to download the conversion part 1. The 2nd part of the conversion is then created from a unique security code that is generated by the first disc. This ensures each disc is only able to be used for 1 conversion.

I hope to have more definate news soon.

Cheers

Andy

Figured as much...

Andy, I have access to the Aussie maps on a Toyota Disc... Can't be updated though.

Do you know if it would be possible for the guys to fiddle to allow Toyota DVD's to play in the Nissan DVDROM?

I know it would end up being expensive ($400 for updated DVD from Toyota), but at least Sat Nav could be possible?

I will ask the question but I am not sure.

çheers

Andy

Are we suppose to be putting our names down now? if so I'm up for one too thanks! :P

Nah, looks like the web address will be posted here when it is completed & we will purchase from that, enter our unique code, download the software, burn it onto a DVD and insert into the car's DVDROM (above glovebox).

Figured as much...

I would not hold your breath for the GPS system to work or be converted. There are many difficult and legal problems to be overcome before this could even be a possibility so the short answer is I can not see it being possible.

Cheers

Andy

is there any way to have the factory unit still working along with another unit for GPS through the same screen?

all the units i have seen so far replace the factory sat nav

i want to relocate the factory sat nav to the boot, and replace the stock position with an aftermarket sat nav.

or if all else fails, i will rip it all out and custom mount some stuff in there and just go with something else

is there any way to have the factory unit still working along with another unit for GPS through the same screen?

all the units i have seen so far replace the factory sat nav

i want to relocate the factory sat nav to the boot, and replace the stock position with an aftermarket sat nav.

or if all else fails, i will rip it all out and custom mount some stuff in there and just go with something else

I am pretty sure this can be done by Chris. Not sure of the location of the units exactly but I am pretty sure he has done it...

Can anyone correct me if I am wrong!

Best you PM Chris, he will either say Yes or No!