SAU Community

Software :)

I have it confirmed, there is no Australian Nissan with Standard (Factory) GPS. So no Nissan maps, the unit's use an add on box/wiring GPS that is either dealer fitted (option) or is installed at the dock, in the Nissan holding yard when 'imported' for an Aussie owner. Nothing is installed at the Factory...

As stated the unit uses Siemans software via a memory card of which there is a chance I can get to see one soon. Presumeably, it can be replicated. Incidentially it is a $330 spare part as an upgrade and it is installed in the car behind the glovebox of a Murano and Patrol. It stays with the car in order to work and is not downloaded via a disc.

Does this help?

Unfortunatley I don't think this will help. What we need are the digital maps that can then be coded correctley to work off DVD in the right orientation in Aust.

Cheers

Andy

Unfortunatley I don't think this will help. What we need are the digital maps that can then be coded correctley to work off DVD in the right orientation in Aust.

Cheers

Andy

Yes I think you are right, but this card will have the maps on them, just not sure what format that they are in.

To compare with my Mobile Phone GPS Software (Sorry if that is a bit crude) that I downloaded off the net, I think that the program that runs the maps will need to be able to read it. So if it is a Nissan Aust part, then the format may be close, even if it is just a Seimans unit.

Either way there is no other unit installed in an Australian Nissan and I don't think we will find another option.

As a guess, perhaps Nissan has a commercial agreement with Siemans and globally all maps are in this fomat. Without finding the files and taking a look at them in comparision with the Japan maps we will never now.

Just a long shot... but one that I will try to investigate.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I think you are right, but this card will have the maps on them, just not sure what format that they are in.

To compare with my Mobile Phone GPS Software (Sorry if that is a bit crude) that I downloaded off the net, I think that the program that runs the maps will need to be able to read it. So if it is a Nissan Aust part, then the format may be close, even if it is just a Seimans unit.

Either way there is no other unit installed in an Australian Nissan and I don't think we will find another option.

As a guess, perhaps Nissan has a commercial agreement with Siemans and globally all maps are in this fomat. Without finding the files and taking a look at them in comparision with the Japan maps we will never now.

Just a long shot... but one that I will try to investigate.

actually no. nissan has agreements with suppliers of maps world wide - ZENRIN - US market. Xenavi - Japan market, Siemens/VDO - Oz market.

been down this path already and I donated a siemens disc quite a while ago.

have a quick dig on this. it has been covered already.

The guys from Xanavi in Russia are working on a conversion for the computer from Jap to English for all the screens except the GPS functions. They have said this would be ready around June.

It is as simple as putting in a disc in your DVD rom drive, press a few buttons on screen and then the computer is upgraded to English.

Price is not confirmed and timing still to be locked in but pushing for it as soon as possible.

Cheers

Andy

G'day,

Any updates on the language conversions from Xanavi yet

Cheers

Jason

wow just went through all 8 pages. i have a 2003 model i think but it has a dvd rom. can mine be converted :P

but from the imformation i've read no. but just wondering r they making 1 for the 2003 models? and r they making the english buttons?

Edited by skylinesrus

wow just went through all 8 pages. i have a 2003 model i think but it has a dvd rom. can mine be converted :P

but from the imformation i've read no. but just wondering r they making 1 for the 2003 models? and r they making the english buttons?

English button kits come up in ebay from time to time for V35