SAU Community

Software :)

is there any way to have the factory unit still working along with another unit for GPS through the same screen?

all the units i have seen so far replace the factory sat nav

i want to relocate the factory sat nav to the boot, and replace the stock position with an aftermarket sat nav.

or if all else fails, i will rip it all out and custom mount some stuff in there and just go with something else

I am pretty sure it is possible but not easy. It has been explained to me that the DVD rom is not just a that and in fact it is a full computer with many features. When the onboard NAVI unit is removed it will cause many problems for the stereo, factory TV tuner/display.

I have been advised that it is better to work with the current unit and add an additional source if required.

Jetwreck recently installed headrest that have built in DVD/screen and these play back through the Aussie TV tuner supplied by Chook and he can now watch TV, DVD or play games on all 3 screeens.

Cheers

Andy

is there any way to have the factory unit still working along with another unit for GPS through the same screen?

all the units i have seen so far replace the factory sat nav

i want to relocate the factory sat nav to the boot, and replace the stock position with an aftermarket sat nav.

or if all else fails, i will rip it all out and custom mount some stuff in there and just go with something else

see bold point.

yes it can certainly be done. no need to move the OE unit either. when you come up drop the car off and I'll do it for you.

I retain the entire system and integrate a new nav into it. audio routing and control is retained. the only thing I will not retain is the controls. the new system is remote based.

andy is correct in the legals of the maps. not likely.

as for a the AUX channel - that stays intact so you can route WHATEVER you want through it.

Edited by Chris Rogers

I am pretty sure it is possible but not easy. It has been explained to me that the DVD rom is not just a that and in fact it is a full computer with many features. When the onboard NAVI unit is removed it will cause many problems for the stereo, factory TV tuner/display.

I have been advised that it is better to work with the current unit and add an additional source if required.

Jetwreck recently installed headrest that have built in DVD/screen and these play back through the Aussie TV tuner supplied by Chook and he can now watch TV, DVD or play games on all 3 screeens.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for all the ongoing hassle Andy keep us posted

Cheers Jas

Hey Andy,

Not to harass you bud, but have you heard of an ETA yet?

I know, your not harassing. I checked with the developer today and I am afraid to say we are going to have to be a bit more patient. I wish I could give you all more positive news but I am just not able to alter the timing of this product.

Thanks every one for your patience. I have been told he will be testing the product around the 9th Jan when he is on leave from his full time role.

Cheers

Andy

I know, your not harassing. I checked with the developer today and I am afraid to say we are going to have to be a bit more patient. I wish I could give you all more positive news but I am just not able to alter the timing of this product.

Thanks every one for your patience. I have been told he will be testing the product around the 9th Jan when he is on leave from his full time role.

Cheers

Andy

Any news is good new mate.

Good to keep up to date. Thanks.

Just asked because they said the last week in Nov or the first week in Dec.

I guess he is getting a bit frustrated with how often you ask?

9th of Jan? Cool. So all going well, should be ready for download in Feb :D

Here's hoping.

Meh, it's not like my Stag is going anywhere anyway.

Hi i recently got a v35 myself and i heard something interesting... I'm not sure if this has been mentioned / discussed before, but someone said i could take it to Strathfield car&audio down here in sydney and they'll flash the whole system with the Nissan Maxima one thereby converting everything into English and allows everything to work, satnav included. All you'd need afterwards would be to call up Nissan and getting the australian map disc for a Maxima and bang it into the DVDRom and voila? It sounded too good, and i havent had time to confirm this yet, but does anyone here know about how true / viable an option this is?

if it were as simple as a reflash im sure it is one of the first things they would have tried instead of going and developing work-around software for it instead

but would be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts on this

Hi i recently got a v35 myself and i heard something interesting... I'm not sure if this has been mentioned / discussed before, but someone said i could take it to Strathfield car&audio down here in sydney and they'll flash the whole system with the Nissan Maxima one thereby converting everything into English and allows everything to work, satnav included. All you'd need afterwards would be to call up Nissan and getting the australian map disc for a Maxima and bang it into the DVDRom and voila? It sounded too good, and i havent had time to confirm this yet, but does anyone here know about how true / viable an option this is?

Mate I worked at a Nissan dealership for 2 years (sep2006-sep2008) And afaik none of the aussie maximas came out with factory sat nav. It was purely a multi-function display that quite frankly was/is craptacular, same goes for the current murano which is basically the same thing

Possibly they might have meant the Patrol Ti model? But I highly doubt any compatibility

I think the Nissan re-flash was covered earlier and from memory the system is quite different and would not work.

Perhaps the New GTR system will be the same and it will be offered as an Aussie system, but that will probably not happen if Nissan Oz have anything to do with it.

yeh right....

they mean murano and that is VDO based. no where NEAR the same system. there is a fellow here that tried to do this with the USDM CDs - no go.

I need to meet this guy.

I think the Nissan re-flash was covered earlier and from memory the system is quite different and would not work.

Perhaps the New GTR system will be the same and it will be offered as an Aussie system, but that will probably not happen if Nissan Oz have anything to do with it.

indeed! that would make my job of doing a V36 that much easier wouldnt it.

look more at the 370Z if they offer it here. wont help in the case of a 35 series car anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine is getting V35, would it be better to just buy one without sat nav/dvd and buy like an alpine dvd headdeck and tomtom gps to put on the window instead?

Edited by knore

A friend of mine is getting V35, would it be better to just buy one without sat nav/dvd and buy like an alpine dvd headdeck and tomtom gps to put on the window instead?

There is lots written on this subject in this forum, so do a search however, in my opinion a top line Alpine would look and sound better with more functions such as time alignment and mp3/dvd, however the position of the screen is obviously lower and could be less of line of sight.

The 'premium' (not always) Bose unit is a compromise and doesn't offer those functions straight out of the box. Also with a double din Alpine there would be a fair bit of work to install it in the standard single or double din dash with a fair few parts to buy.

As for the Tom Tom, I find the standard pop up screen really nice with a hidden GPS driving it, stuff stuck to the Window looks awful and it is hard to hide when you leave the car.

The standard screen can be added to fairly easy on lots of levels.

There is lots written on this subject in this forum, so do a search however, in my opinion a top line Alpine would look and sound better with more functions such as time alignment and mp3/dvd, however the position of the screen is obviously lower and could be less of line of sight.

The 'premium' (not always) Bose unit is a compromise and doesn't offer those functions straight out of the box. Also with a double din Alpine there would be a fair bit of work to install it in the standard single or double din dash with a fair few parts to buy.

As for the Tom Tom, I find the standard pop up screen really nice with a hidden GPS driving it, stuff stuck to the Window looks awful and it is hard to hide when you leave the car.

What do you mean about positioning of the alpine unit? If he gets a model without the satnav etc, is there an adequate space for a alpine dvd headunit? (Also what about if he gets model with satnav etc?)

He doesnt mind having to buy parts etc to fit the alpine, just wants a flush nice look with working DVD, Aus radio stations and music etc

What is that standard wing called that you see on V35s sometimes? If you buy a v35 without it, can you order this from nissan or something?

And where do most people go for servicing for v35s? Nissan? Or do it yourself?

As I said, do a search you will find most of the things you wanted to know, some of the stuff is a bit off topic and I don't want either of us warned.

Yes an Alpine will fit, but you will need a V35 Kit from O/S, to convert Bose to Single Din (unless you can make or modify your own) to ensure that it looks right. I even think you will need to fiddle to fit an Alpine Double Din, to the originalBose spot.

I am sorry but there are way too many options to cover all bases and this thread is really for Software updates...

Anyway, the position is as I stated before, it will be much lower as the standard screen (dvd/tv) pops up, out of the dash, hence harder to see.

Most of the wings are standard, but there are others to pick, do a search here for lots of stuff.

Oil changes etc, do yourself.

Diagonistics or stuff you don't know how to, go to Nissan, if they are good enough, it is a 350Z after all.

agreed. I sent mine to City Nissan for servicing. They're quite excited to see the other 'gentle' side of 350Z :-)

If you want to get an aftermarket, just find a V35 that doesn't come with Bose, unfortunately majority of this means no premium leather, and you won't have the audio control on the steering wheel. So aim for at least a manual with Brembo so at least there's something to make up for loss of Bose, leather, and audio controls.

Then chuck in a nice 2-DIN head unit that has everything, bluetooth, dvd, disc changers, you name it...

After all the things I've added onto the factory Bose, the only thing that I think would be nice to have is bluetooth, although I hardly take calls when driving (it's not good talking and driving at the same time anyhow) so I can live without it.

Did some searching and couldnt find anything on the standard optional wing for v35..

I dont want to stard a new thread, just need some quick info. My friend is getting v35 and wants wing, if he buys without wing.. Can he order it from nissan?

www.japanparts.com has some genuine Nissan aero wing. be prepared to get raped by the exchange rate. or you can wait with fingers crossed that the exchange rate will get better substantially for you to consider the price 'reasonable'

Did some searching and couldnt find anything on the standard optional wing for v35..

I dont want to stard a new thread, just need some quick info. My friend is getting v35 and wants wing, if he buys without wing.. Can he order it from nissan?

I am sure Nissan Oz, could get you a wing, if you have a spare arm and leg...

There are so many places just start looking on the net.

This is one from the US

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=3014&rsku=0