SAU Community

Software :)

So will this english conversion cd thingy work for 2004 models ?

if you have carwings it will be on the buttons or on the roof console. there are 8 different boxes in these cars and of those 8, 3 different versions- early - cracked, mid series - uncracked (to my knowledge) and late - (no crack.) late has bluetooth phone (as indicated by the BT logo on the navi box.) and is laid out totally different to teh other two boxes.

if you have carwings it will be on the buttons or on the roof console. there are 8 different boxes in these cars and of those 8, 3 different versions- early - cracked, mid series - uncracked (to my knowledge) and late - (no crack.) late has bluetooth phone (as indicated by the BT logo on the navi box.) and is laid out totally different to teh other two boxes.

So Carwings is the version of Navi system in the car and there will be a button with that written on it, in the roof console or near the screen? Correct...?

If I see a Bluetooth logo, I should potentially stear clear of it, especially if I want the Navi to work in English (after the Russian/English conversion process of course).

Doesn't the Bluetooth unit (Late) interface with the Radio, or does it pick up on the Screen?

So early is generally considered mid 2004 model, as some late 04's have the later system?

not quite. carwings is the equivilent of holdens alert system (where you push a button and it calls a holden call centre.)

the cars up to 2004.5 do not have it. after 2004.5 to the end of the series do have it. cars around the 12/05 build date have bluetooth as well.

to be honest if all you are wanting is english and nothing else buy a base spec car. the later car is a MUCH better drive and to me better built.

that said a V36 is better again ( I sat in one today.) and an ENTIRELY different kettle of fish as far as the navi/radio/cruise is concerned.

not quite. carwings is the equivilent of holdens alert system (where you push a button and it calls a holden call centre.)

the cars up to 2004.5 do not have it. after 2004.5 to the end of the series do have it. cars around the 12/05 build date have bluetooth as well.

to be honest if all you are wanting is english and nothing else buy a base spec car. the later car is a MUCH better drive and to me better built.

that said a V36 is better again ( I sat in one today.) and an ENTIRELY different kettle of fish as far as the navi/radio/cruise is concerned.

Cheers Chris

As for Carwings, I doubt they will travel from Japan too help :/

Not sure on your 'wanting english' comment, but I will be looking at as late as I can afford, however the TV/DVD and general mods of them was always going to be a compromise, to ensure that I can make them work!

I personally don't care too much about English Nav, but if it has TV/DVD, it has too work in Oz. The Navigation I can live with not working. Bluetooth, would be good, but a lot of Headunits are starting to get that inbuilt so that isn't even necessary.

Please tell us more... it is harder to play with Navi/Radio/Cruise, on the V36, correct?

TV/DVD/IPOD/CRUISE - easy up to the last of the series. the 12/05 car I just released is proof of that. just don't hand me a CVT and ask for cruise. I wont do it.

re V36 - ask me the same question in a week of so. I'll have a better understanding of it then.

re my comment. I tend to see trends - some people wont buy an import unless everything is is english for them and everything works for local market. that said its the cars up to 2004.5 that are done and that means you are buying quite an old car just to get this option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I posted a few months back. I live in Singapore and have been eying a V36, they have been avaiable here for 6 months now and there are only 5- 6 on the roads. There is a dealer here that has a couple and I was looking at one again today.

What options do you seeing being avalible for the V36 over the next 6 months with conversion of software to English? With the Infiniti G37 being released Europe (there is a RHD version for the UK) early next year I wondering if there are any options or even from the US G37's.

Maybe it makes sense to hang out for G37 that is for the UK market. Not my first choice..Skyline forever!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hi,

I posted a few months back. I live in Singapore and have been eying a V36, they have been avaiable here for 6 months now and there are only 5- 6 on the roads. There is a dealer here that has a couple and I was looking at one again today.

What options do you seeing being avalible for the V36 over the next 6 months with conversion of software to English? With the Infiniti G37 being released Europe (there is a RHD version for the UK) early next year I wondering if there are any options or even from the US G37's.

Maybe it makes sense to hang out for G37 that is for the UK market. Not my first choice..Skyline forever!!!!!!!

Thanks

Honestly who cares what badge is on it. It's a Skyline even if some tool dropped a Holden badge on one! Of course the Holden badge would have to come off and be burned

Just get the car you want and don't live in hope of some vapourware ever showing up.

Edited by Data Queue

hi guys any thing happening with this software as i have just picked up my new v35 ??

there have been some delays in the development but it is expected the beginning of November.

Cheers

Andy

hi andy,

Just wondering is this software just for english translations? is that means the only difference will be the words on the screen now will be english rather then jap? and is the DVD, TV and the Nav will still not working?

sorry about my stupid question as i've just got my v35 few days ago...

thanks for ur help~

hi andy,

Just wondering is this software just for english translations? is that means the only difference will be the words on the screen now will be english rather then jap? and is the DVD, TV and the Nav will still not working?

sorry about my stupid question as i've just got my v35 few days ago...

thanks for ur help~

The software will change all the non GPS screens from Japanese to English. The only other thing that will be done will be to convert the kmh/llitre to Liters/100kmh.

There is no DVD player in the car as you bought it. It is a DVD rom for the GPS only and will not play DVD's.

The TV tuner is not compatible with Aust frequencies but an Aust spec TV tuner can eaisly be fitted. (See Chook or Chris Rogers for these solutions)

Nav is a whole different story. There are no maps for the Nav system so it can still measure your distance travelled and give you exact speed readings, compass and altitude but will not show you where you are in Aust. Chris Rogers has a soluton for the GPS if you are interested but this uses an external GPS with Aust maps.

The development is running behind schedule but is due this year (sorry everybody, nothing I can do to fix this). I will be posting up a some screen shots over the next 2 weeks to show what it is you would be getting with the tranlation.

Cheers

Andy

In addition, I talked to Chris and compass doesn't work in Australia. It's configured for the northern hemisphere, so although it will turn around as you drive around corners, the direction the compass shows on the screen will be the wrong direction...... do not trust it if you're lost you'll never find your way back. use the melway.

In addition, I talked to Chris and compass doesn't work in Australia. It's configured for the northern hemisphere, so although it will turn around as you drive around corners, the direction the compass shows on the screen will be the wrong direction...... do not trust it if you're lost you'll never find your way back. use the melway.

I find my compass to be pretty accurate. I will have to check it against another compass or via a directory.

It did go through a phase where it was almost 180 degrees out but has been great for over 9 months.

Cheers

Andy

nah its inaccurate. have another one handy and you will see it is out a bit at times. its a N & S thing to put it simply.

Don't tell my kids...they would be devastated. they love watching the compass & and the economy "leaf", love to tell me that I am being bad and using too much fuel. LOL