SAU Community

Software :)

I only got my NAVI dvds today ! (had the car 16months). Have been chasing the guy who imported it since!.

and if it werent for his bro-coming to syd -I'd still be waiting !

My bros partner translated the other stuff--even though she does not understand it !! (being a girls-.here come the claws)

Japanese Partner of your brother and she hasn't translated yet?

What's wrong with ya?

Hey Guys

Im thinking about getting a carputer installed.

What i want to know is if anyone has any pictures of their system with a car pute installed and what the screen shows etc etc,

And wondering if anyone knows if you can get a Cop Radar in it... Saves me buying a Radar system..

Any help Appreciated -

Thanks

Hey Guys

Im thinking about getting a carputer installed.

What i want to know is if anyone has any pictures of their system with a car pute installed and what the screen shows etc etc,

And wondering if anyone knows if you can get a Cop Radar in it... Saves me buying a Radar system..

Any help Appreciated -

Thanks

This has and is been covered now in the forums. do a search.

But don't know about the "Radar"

+1 on this, put me down on the list for the conversion disc.

My 2001 M35 has ETC (Japanese Tollcard) on the main menu screen, will there be any major problem upgrading to the software that doesn't include this option on the main menu?

Just something I noticed when I was looking at the sample english screen samples.

Hopefully this is not too far off now, I would love to do this upgrade before I go for the Digital TV and Sat Nav hardware upgrades.

Noted Stephen.

No, there will not be any problem with the ETC. The ETC operates separatley and will include the ETC on the menu in the English version.

You will see what I mean when you see my car.

The developer is working on the security for his conversion but can not tell me at this stage when it will be complete. I hope for every ones sake it will be soon.

Cheers

Andy

The developer is working on the security for his conversion but can not tell me at this stage when it will be complete. I hope for every ones sake it will be soon.

Looking forward to it Andy.

Got my navi orginal dvds back today -Compass is spot on ! Sounds silly, but I hope people understand "True North"--this why some might think its about 90' out. Also I notice there are several settings (dont underastand them all yet) where you can fix a position and compass adjusts to N,s,e,w of that postion.

But if you check the GPS menu it always is reflects car postion to true north. Boy I dig that groovy japanese voice on the navi also.

I hope you realise that variation from West to east coast is only -7deg to +12deg. Not 90deg. I'd be very scared if variation was that much. Sounds more like a Gyro initialisation issue. Not sure what they run (I'd laugh if it was an actual gyro), so I'm guessing its solid state. More than likely some form of primitive INS, not an actual compass. Without an accurate GPS position fix on start up its going to be out (other than the rare ocassion it is actually aligned with the direction it thinks its pointing)

So whats the deal? I'm looking for an 03/04 coupe and like everyone else would like to use all the features. Its been 18months and still nothing comercially available?

Also what If I wanted to just lo-jack the TV unit and not worry about all the other features? Use it simply as a DVD player until the conversion is available.

So whats the deal? I'm looking for an 03/04 coupe and like everyone else would like to use all the features. Its been 18months and still nothing comercially available?

They are still working on the security of the firmware update. Being based in Russia they are not prepared to give out a disc that can then be pirated and they will never make any money for their efforts. Yes it is frustrating to be waiting longer than the initial quoted time frame.

To be fair we are at 15 months but I understand every one is being very patient.

I send an email every couple of weeks to see where we are at but they just can not tell me a fixed date at this stage.

As soon as I know some definate information I will post it.

Cheers

Andy

15 months!?!?

Bloody hell! Where did that time go?

Be nice to get this thing up and running and I am sure it will come in good time and be worth the wait.

Thanks for the update Andy.

:)

They are still working on the security of the firmware update. Being based in Russia they are not prepared to give out a disc that can then be pirated and they will never make any money for their efforts. Yes it is frustrating to be waiting longer than the initial quoted time frame.

To be fair we are at 15 months but I understand every one is being very patient.

I send an email every couple of weeks to see where we are at but they just can not tell me a fixed date at this stage.

As soon as I know some definate information I will post it.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the heads up. I've read through most of the thread but hard to follow as to where the whole process was. As with everyone else I'll be keen for a disc once its out.

Nick

There's no way they can keep the thing from being pirated.. Just like music movies etc etc.. buti think they need to understand that a majority of people can and will pay for the software, me being one of them.. I don't know exactly but i get the impression that theyre trying to seek something hacker proof when it cant be done.. Hence the constant delays.. :down:

Ok all,

I am not IT/Software expert, but I was surfing ebay and found a Chinese seller that sells the DVD for car GPS units for around $90 delivered. The link/item number is:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...%3D1&_rdc=1

OR

Item 250410274175

Can the V35 experts on GPS/Sat Nav have a read through the listing and tell us all if the DVD will work? It also has a host of stuff at the end of the listing asking for serial number registrations, etc of the GPS unit...

If someone can confirm if this works for the V35 GPS Unit, then I will contact the eBay seller to ask for a group discount...And, by the looks of it, the DVD cannot be pirated/copied due to the need to register the GPS ID...

There's no way they can keep the thing from being pirated.. Just like music movies etc etc.. buti think they need to understand that a majority of people can and will pay for the software, me being one of them.. I don't know exactly but i get the impression that theyre trying to seek something hacker proof when it cant be done.. Hence the constant delays.. :down:

Thats right but if they only sell copies to workshops for large sums of money and make it so that you can only get it put in by a registed dealer then all we do is rock up to these workshops and bingo. The workshop owners make money and they don't want the CD/DVD out it the black market becasue they payed big bucks the it. So it will stay safe..... for a while.

Thats what i would do anyway

Ok all,

I am not IT/Software expert, but I was surfing ebay and found a Chinese seller that sells the DVD for car GPS units for around $90 delivered. The link/item number is:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...%3D1&_rdc=1

OR

Item 250410274175

Can the V35 experts on GPS/Sat Nav have a read through the listing and tell us all if the DVD will work? It also has a host of stuff at the end of the listing asking for serial number registrations, etc of the GPS unit...

If someone can confirm if this works for the V35 GPS Unit, then I will contact the eBay seller to ask for a group discount...And, by the looks of it, the DVD cannot be pirated/copied due to the need to register the GPS ID...

my guess is no. these maps are designed to run on a windows platform. and AFAIK our ones dont run windows CE etc.

nope . xenavi is a ARM based platform. those things aren't gonna work..

Thats right but if they only sell copies to workshops for large sums of money and make it so that you can only get it put in by a registed dealer then all we do is rock up to these workshops and bingo. The workshop owners make money and they don't want the CD/DVD out it the black market becasue they payed big bucks the it. So it will stay safe..... for a while.

Thats what i would do anyway

thats kinda whats being done. I'm one of the people operating on this scheme. I have compliance shops asking me weekly for this disc. I say vaporware unitl I get a copy physically in my hand.

that said nothing is unhackable. its human nature someone will find a way. thats the same reason I have EC5W/EC5A S2 (98+ mitsi Legnum/Galant) navi software here so the thing displays in english.

I agree with what's being said about hacking/piracy. That said though if they've indeed got it all translated (do we know if it's done?) then what's the hold up with selling it? There's no software company known that would hold a release on security grounds like this: everything is hackable and the best way to maximise your returns is to not stuff your customers around by making them wait 2 years! Instead you sell the disks to as many as you can for $100 and beat the copiers by simply having lots of them sold before they get pirated.

i m slowing getting used to the jap words, and kinda know wat each button do and what everything inside stands for, thanks to my friend's friend from jap..

15 months of making it takes tooooo long..