SAU Community

How Much Boost

Hi All,

Wondering how many PSI i could run in my r33 GTST. I am planning on getting a boost cut defender (short term until I get a PowerFC).

Mods are:

• GReddy front mount
  • GReddy Profec 2 Type B boost controller
  • 3" stainless dump, Gutted Cat, 3' Stainless TRUST exhaust
  • K&N hi-flow panel filter
  • CGC Hi-Flow turbo

The rest of the car, engine is standard... How much boost could I run with the standard injectors and fuel pump without it being dangerous???

Cheers

Thomas

Get a ECU, get it tuned, and get a fuel pump

Aftermarket turbos with proper management and decent fuel provisions = absolute danger/motor death for SURE.

You risk your motor due to the fact its not tuned for the turbo, and your running the stock pump.

Two very big no-no's mate.

So either run as little boost as possible, or go and spend the 2k (ECU/fuel pump) and get it setup at lease half decently.

I say half decent... as you still need injectors/AFM to make the most of that turbo.

So all up you realistically need to spend another 3-3.5k to actually use the turbo you have fitted.

Where are you located?

My recommendation... BCD are bad, they clamp the AFM voltage which makes your car run dangerously lean, and also leaves the ignition too advance for your desired boost...

REMAP FTW IMO, Next option would be a PFC, or then complete aftermarket.

So, if I leave the boost controller turned off and run the standard 7pound setup should be safer for the time being??? Haltech or PowerFC?

id really go get it tuned before you do any real damage to the engine, driving it now with a bigger turbo on and the standard pump is skating on thin ice.

but thats just me...

CJ

Edited by -_-StRyDeR-_-