SAU Community

Light Adjust Switch?

ant0ny

On the right side of the steering wheel I have a rotary switch with 0 to 4 (or 1 to 4) with a pic showing the headlight with up and down arrows. I assume this adjusts the head lights like an old Peugot I had once did.

Last night I parked in front of the garage and adjusted the switch on low and high beam and nothing happened. I have gone through all the fuses under the dash (well the ones on the driverside)... are there other fuses else where?

Ant

fuses sit behind the coin box tray above right drivers knee.

other fuses sit in the big black box next to the battery in the engine bay.

got a pic of the switch in question?

heya antony

thats the headlight level adjustment switch for when your car had xenons, which will have been removed for compliance so it is useless.

mine has this too so if you can get a hold of a set of xenon lights it will be able to be hooked back up.

just as a side note a set of xenons will cost you around 2000 aud so much cheaper to get an aftermarket kit and chuck in.

cheers oxford

heya antony

thats the headlight level adjustment switch for when your car had xenons, which will have been removed for compliance so it is useless.

mine has this too so if you can get a hold of a set of xenon lights it will be able to be hooked back up.

just as a side note a set of xenons will cost you around 2000 aud so much cheaper to get an aftermarket kit and chuck in.

cheers oxford

Thanks...

So does it actually move the light?

If so wouldn't it work with or without xenons... could it still be setup... would be really handy for towing.

ant

i think that the auto level part of the light is on the unit they remove for compliance as the plugs for my leveller are still there but there is nowhere for me to plug it in that i can find, so no it will not work if there is no hole for the plug.

also have a look at the thread about the "xenon unit" it has got some pics of the rear of the light unit on page 2 down near the bottom and these will show you what the xenon's should look like before they have removed all the good bits etc.

Thanks...

So does it actually move the light?

If so wouldn't it work with or without xenons... could it still be setup... would be really handy for towing.

ant

Hehe....only for the people in front of you! :P

Edited by rb26stagea

My level adjuster works so just trying to work out what globes I have - never had a car with Xenon's before so don't know what to look for

the leveler has nothing to do with what globes u have if you have zennon lights converted or not they have a motor built into the headlight unit.if its not working check the wiring as bryce said ...diferent compliance places have different methods and wierd ideas on how to disable the zennons.the shop that did yunis,s car removed the ballasts and fitted machined aluminium plugs to blank off the hole in the light where the ballast fitted but his levelers were still operational.i did manage to rewire his and refit the zennons tho even tho they hacked them so close to the ballast and left fark all to solder too.at least they returned all the bits and pieces including all cables and plugs and globes .could also depend on where they cut the power and rewired to suit the halogen globes.like i said they all seem to do it diferently .............regards mike