SAU Community

What Mods And How Much For 450rwhp In A 260rs?

260rsstagea

hey guys i own a 260rs and was looking to target a power figure around 450rwhp and was wondering what kinda mods i will need and what i should be budgeting to spend? the car is stock as except for pods. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers daniel

R33 GTR power fc ($1500 incl tune)

555cc injectors ($750)

044 fuel pump ($300)

z32 afms or q45 afms ($550), or d-jetro model Powerfc and no afms (map sensor)

full 3.25" exhaust system (3" would be fine)

gtr fmic should be ok..... better check that

full turbo kit incl manifold etc etc, HKS stuff brand new off ebay powerseller ($6000 for a big single 600HP kit)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-650HP-HKS-T04Z-...1QQcmdZViewItem

or twin hks 2530's or gtrs's etc etc etc, ($3500)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-800HP-Twin-HKS-...VQQcmdZViewItem

err dont forget the twin clutch nismo for about 2k. Also the suspension to handle the power. POWER is nothing withouth control. A decent suspension kit, shock absober, sway bars , sptings another A$2.5k. and dont forget the high flow cat too i prefer 4" another A$1.5k

thanks guys for the suggestions and help im goin to sit sown with someone at c-red on friday and my 260 is only a weekender and a daily tune wont be gettin 450rwhp so should be ok and yeah brakes were sumthing i had thought bout cheers again

im doing this exact process right now on my 260rs...

Ive gone a full rebuild with pistons rods etc thats cost me about $7000 + R and R

turbo's have gone garret GT2860-5 approx $2800

clutch im going a single plate as its a daily and dont wont a real bitey clutch approx $1000

then normal PFC, injector's, afms... yet to get fuel pump so another $2500 there...

my car has HKS coilovers so sus should be fine. Im just going upgraded pads for now.

im aiming for a safe reliable 300rkwk, but this combo could easily push more if i wanted it to.

I am running just over 500rwhp now.

N1 group a's running 20psi.

PFC

Z32's

Tomei cams and gears

Greddy belt

AM exhaust manifolds

HKS dumps

PE2 exhaust

Bliltz 102mm fmic

Oil cooler, remote filter

Big radiator (you will need this, the factory one is crap)

CP pistons

REV I beam forged rods

Rebuilt bottom end

DC Racing twin plate

Will be selling it for $38,000 very shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
I am running just over 500rwhp now.

N1 group a's running 20psi.

PFC

Z32's

Tomei cams and gears

Greddy belt

AM exhaust manifolds

HKS dumps

PE2 exhaust

Bliltz 102mm fmic

Oil cooler, remote filter

Big radiator (you will need this, the factory one is crap)

CP pistons

REV I beam forged rods

Rebuilt bottom end

DC Racing twin plate

Will be selling it for $38,000 very shortly.

Hi there, don't suppose you would have the specs/part no's for the radiator upgrade & N1 group A's by any chance. I have been toying with the idea of spending some $$$$$ myself in the direction you mentioned above. Why you wanna sell it now you got the beast going btw?

Cheers GW

Hi Graham,

The radiator is from just jap. The N1's are a .60 front and .64 rear, dont have the PN's sorry. The car has been running for some time and I have really enjoyed it. Its a bit of a sleeper, when I took it to the drags my mates were recording the runs, on the first run the people on the hill were pissing themselves when I lined up, they stopped pretty quickly after that. Ive got a new Liberty GTB now as a company car and I dont really have the time to dedicate to the 260. Its just gone into the panel shop for a tidy up (front bar etc, the usual problems with a low car). Make sure you have plenty of coin behind you before embarking on a build like this, they are a money sponge.

Its bloody hot up here Brad! But more to the point that I had spent a fortune on getting the motor and car right that I wasnt going to chance anything. So I upgraded everything. Twin low mounts do generate a lot more underbonnet heat too.

I'm running 300awkw:

R33 N1 snails,

Tomei cams,

Tomei head gasket,

Sard pump, injectors, etc on custom fuel rail

Hks cam gears

front mount

power fc

hks dumps.

plenty of scope for more, but I'm running standard internals. Also, standard clutch, which has lasted 2.5 yrs so far: car is daily driven, at 220rwkw most of the time...

Brakes: R33gtr Rear, Porsche 996 GT3 front calipers, Brembo front discs with custom hats

SK spec suspension.

Car runs perfectly, but if you're parainoid like me, you know it's only a matter of time before it's going to pop due to standard internals....

thanks everyone i finally got the list from c-red on what they're putting in:

Trust T517Z

Trust 720cc injectors

Trust front and dump pipes

Trust PE2 Cat back exhaust

GReddy easy 264 camshafts

HPI manifold

Power fc D-jetro

told it expected to make 430rwhp/320rwkw

also imagine should be a fuel pump in there somewhere

nice neil where in south west wa are you? and gud to see another wa 260 owner

im down in bunbury.

havnt got the car yet still getting built.

As soon as its here im up for a stagea cruise and check out some other 260rs's

thanks guys for the suggestions and help im goin to sit sown with someone at c-red on friday and my 260 is only a weekender and a daily tune wont be gettin 450rwhp so should be ok and yeah brakes were sumthing i had thought bout cheers again

I have a manual rb26 Stgaea with over 400 bhp in the uk.

I fitted a complete brake set up front and rear from a 2001 R34 GTR .

This gave a good improvement when I fitted them but after the upgrade I then fitted decent pads , nismo braided hoses , b/stop and did complete fluid change (with decent brake fluid ) . This gave a further improvement that was possibly more than when I fitted the std R34 GTR parts,