SAU Community

Power-fc Confirmation

Tangles

Hey

see thread here for background information http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/S1...Fc-t196648.html

Got a R34 GTT Power FC to plug into my series 1 automatic Rb25det Stagea (same ecu plug)

Is this actually R34 GTT Pfc?

PFCER34 010-0155 ECU

FCC2 NT 020-00584 HAND CONTROLLER

just want to check.

Im hoping it will wire up ok with Andys 51pin volt trick, I think the attessa should be ok

anyone experienced with wiring a Power FC with 4wd (with automatic, I doubt THAT?) ;)

Ive found a few differences between the R34 Skyline ECU pinouts and the stagea ecu pinout, nothing too "out there" by the looks

Im confident the couple of differences Ive found can be handled and rewired, if infact necessary.

I'll have help to install and test, but will leave it in the hands of an experienced electric circuit handyman to make it all work, then tune

auto electrician perhaps? or a south aussie sauer?

Also, please, is the R34 GTT Power FC pinouts exactly the same as the Skyline stock R34 GTT ecu pinouts?

I always thought the PFC was only made for manual skylines/stageas. And plugging it into an auto isn't going to be successful unless you do some wiring modifications.

I think SK had a PFC running on his stagea but he did have to modify something to make it work. It's not a plug and play affair.

Also wouldn't a R33 PFC be more suited to your car? I thought the S1 Stagea's didn't run a NEO RB25det....

Edited by KeyMaker

I always thought the PFC was only made for manual skylines/stageas. And plugging it into an auto isn't going to be successful unless you do some wiring modifications.

I think SK had a PFC running on his stagea but he did have to modify something to make it work. It's not a plug and play affair.

Also wouldn't a R33 PFC be more suited to your car? I thought the S1 Stagea's didn't run a NEO RB25det....

there are Stagea's - both manual and converted manuals from autos, both series 1 and series 2, that run the PowerFC with very minor alteration

the stagea ecu plug is same as r34 NOT r33

stagea series 1 dont run the neo, but stagea series 1 and series 2 ecu is the same (plug for pinouts)

I have the Stagea stock ecu pinout diagram and the R34 Skyline stock ecu pinout diagram, wiring mods will be done

I expect that I may lose VVT, thats ok, can tune around it to a certain extent

I expect that eventually the auto will fail and require a rebuild. It is a fact that plenty of R33 Rb25dets AUTO run the powerfc successfully

I could do a alteration to the auto at MV Autos with a manual shift setup for the auto box.

Anyone care t0 confirm the following?

Is this actually R34 GTT Pfc?

PFCER34 010-0155 ECU

FCC2 NT 020-00584 HAND CONTROLLER

Also, please, is the R34 GTT Power FC pinouts exactly the same as the Skyline stock R34 GTT ecu pinouts?

cheers

you, SIR, are a legend

thank you

Now Im confident I have all the right info to get this to work

Ive identified the differences between the 2 pinouts, so a simple rewire cut n shut job can be done

I reckon a qualified auto electrician, with full insurance in case they fry the pfc, will be able to do the wireup for me

I dont know electronics and am not comfortable doing the wiring myself

That includes Andy's "secret squirrel trick" using a 10.3V zeneer diode between Pin51 and Ignition and a 400ohm resisitor between Pin51 and Earth

at this stage I wont be going to a mechanical auto shift setup for the gearbox, maybe later, maybe later

yeah the stagea's run the R34 plug

series 1 and 2

I guess my post was a silly question; my bad.

Went to Boostwerx today and they reckon, with the info I have, that they'll have it wired and tuned.. theres a guru auto sparkie floating around they know so they are confident of a positive outcome.

:ermm:

just gotta wait till end of Feb.

• Like 1