SAU Community

R33 Turbo Install

crofte

After installing a hks gt2530 on the R33 the car is now heaps louder than before with the standard turbo, can anyone comment on this? Why?. The exhaust is a trust PE2 and is the same exhaust i was running before.

Not to loud on idle! but louder up the rev range. On the bright side it has a nice rumble in top gear doing 100 kmh. I just dont want to raise any eye brows, would rather be under the radar.

i am installing a gt30r sitting on a custom made high mount with 44mm turbosmart external wastegate and with a 3/or 3.5 " wide mouth dump

im sure the level of noise will increase, but would it be worth while upgrading my 3" jasma exhaust? or power difference from another exhaust wouldnt be noticable?

im pretty sure its the standard exhaust, but i have had the middle muffler removed.

The stock exhaust system is tiny, does it have twin pipes at the end? I would get a new one, go stainless steel 3" with 2 mufflers. Just be aware of the noise issue that will result with the bigger turbo, more flow = more noise.

bigger turbo= more flow= more noise? makes sense.

is there a possibility of upgrading the turbo and still having a quite car at low rev and an insane one at high rpm range? i too would enjoy to stay under the radar but would love to have the rb scream when i wanted it.

thanks in advance

bugger, haha i'll see what happens when i get my car back from the shop.

had a hiflow on it previously and was fairly quiet. Was actually considering then to get a new exhaust with less turns in the pipes.

but looking at what you have said i might wait and see what noise level i am on.

mine was 93-4, now is over a hundred again still with the peII. i want to put the old exhaust on again and see lol it used to be 100+ on the stock turbo.

i guess turbo choiuce is a bit different to you guys tho. right now car idles like open pipes with the peII

get one of those valves for the exhaust where you can turn it from inside the car to cut sound (and obviously flow/power) then open it right up for full sound and power.

Do you know the name of it? who makes them, HKS? anyone heard of such a valve?

you can get them from autobarn etc up here in syd quite easily. that "drift" brand make them and are probably the cheapest. also hks etc have similar offerings. they are called exhaust control valves (ECV) or exhaust valve controllers (EVC) by most manufacturer's., and are basically a throttle body for your exhaustdrift ones are around 170 bucks

www.nengun.com

I got my apexi one off nengun. They are quite good. Factor in a few hundred install. Had to remove my whole exhuast (one piece dump to cannon), cut in half, take a 150mm piece out. Weld on flanges to the exhuast and then flanges to the evc and then bolt back in.

I was hoping quiter on idle but make no difference. But if u tap accelerator with it shut it sounds like a camry. I have straight through 3" with just a cannon, and it gets very quiet when closed (rb20det with highflow)

what about that,,, im unsure of the brand might be xforce.

it comes with an electronic solenoid built in that diverts air, baffleing it making it quieter.

it was tested on ignition dvd. and sounded nice and quiet. then when u press the button, it unleashes hell

Edited by r33cruiser

Does the TRUST PE2 exhaust have 2 mufflers?

as in one out the back and another between that and the cat?

if not, get an exhaust place to fit a 3 inch off centre muffler in the middle somewhere..

that'll shut the thing up.

EDIT - not I said muffler.. not a resonator.

they don't do shit.

Edited by GTST