SAU Community

Another "Random Breath Test"

Ash

i get RBT at least 3 times a week cause apparently the cops have a notice out on my plates

so when ever they see me they pull me over no matter where i am city, ryde, para, brighton, chatswood, even in my street ive seen em wait for me to leave home if the see me at maccas or a servo they wait for me to leave

they just luv to defect or search me i dunno why its not like im a crim

some times i really think that these cops dont know how much our cars are worth i reckon they think they are worth shit loads so much so that young ppl who are legit cant afford them

its gettin all a bit too stupid IMO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again, cops are too stupid to know what a car is worth.

I can think of two reasons for your problem. If you say ur not a crim then I believe you. But they are stopping you for a reason.

1. There is a warning on your car that warns police that it's involved in some kind of crime. Or maybe they have caught people driving it that shouldn't be, or maybe they know you like doing burnouts..

2. If that is what ur car looks like, refering to your avator, it's obvious why they are stopping you. No offence, but it looks pretty defective. Is it really that low?

i got rbted twice in one night

i asked the 2nd cop if i could use the tube from the first one, he laughed

i think they dont like taking it for sanitary reasons, i found like 4 under my passenger chair the other day

cops are cool if u speak to them nice, ask them how they are doing etc

g'zz dan take a chill pill,

im sorry where u there when it happened? and i didnt notice?

if a cop wants to pull me over at 7am coz i was driving a skyline (and i know its coz of the car coz he made an illegal uturn to pull me over) then he is a jackass, y dont they do something worth while to help the community rarther than annoy them. i believe that there are some good cops but they are the ones that arnt wasting my time by giving me a rbt at 7am.

so dont be arrogant and judge ppl by what they have expierienced.

back to the topic at hand

I used to get pulled over all the time when i had my kingswood and was on my P's. i had one follow me all the way across town just to pull me over and ping me for missing my rear plate. as soon as i left bathurst they never touched me again, and now i've got a skyline from the sounds of things im skating on thin ice as i haven't been pulled over or even been given a dirty look yet.

Silver GTST, 7.00 am on Sunday morning is a great time for RBT. It's when people are normally on their way home or to work after a night on the piss.

So there you go, they are doing a good job of keeping the streets safe. Think about it, they could be at the police station or parked in the bush somewhere sleeping. But they choose to patrol the streets. Why are we criticising them for this.

I did not get pulled over for five years with my Skyline. Not even for RBT. I now get pulled over for RBT quite often with my S15.

After speaking to them nicely, they tell me that these cars get stolen very often around here (mainly when I drive through or near Bankstown). Sure I could say they are picking on me, or I could say they are doing a good job.

Unfortunately drunk drivers (and thieves) don't believe in advertising. Thats why its called 'Random' Breath testing.

I saw 20 people get done during RBTs between 5.30am & 9am at one spot!!! Yup, it was Sunday morning... People forget, alcohol can stay in your body for MANY hours... if you hit it really hard on Saturday night you'll still have a reading on Sunday. Unfortunately forgetting you had a drink the night before is not an acceptable excuse.

Originally posted by silver gts-t

have u seen roads at 7am sunday?

not alot of rbt's to do.

unless they wanna rbt my grandmother on the way to church.

But they got you didn't they. Ha ha.

Not your grandma..

Maybe it was a quiet area you were in cos I see many cars on the road at that time of Sunday morning. Esp in Sydney..

But that would explain their illegal u-turn to catch up with you. You were the only car available to stop.

yea my car was that low but it was just on the limit and i dont get done for being too low

my car has a warning on it because i used to cop sh*t loads of defects most of which were bullsh*t

cops have addmitted to me that they dont know everything and that they defect just if things dont look right

i got defected for standard features on my car as well

you cant say all cops are smart and know wat they are doin cause there are many of em who dont but then there are some who really know wat they are on about

there are many who abuse their power

my car is NA ok, there is a hose where the return off the wategate on the GTS-t models goes which is blocked off, because i obviously dont have a watsegate and i got defected for it

also for having my tyre placard in the glove box (may not be where nissan originally had it but i resprayed the car and chose to move it but at least i still had one)

also got done for the factory battery clamp he said it didnt hold strong enough

Yeah sounds like they were out to annoy you on this one I must admit.

How did they know where the placard should be. Mine is under my centre console lid from factory. The cops could not possibly know this.

I was pulled over once for RBT (it was saturday night, and I almost did a 180 burnout :burnout: ). They came up and asked if I had any grog (which I said no). And while the RBT thingie was processing I tried to be nice and asked "Sow, how's your day been tonight?". They all laughed and asked if I would like to retract my previous statement. :)

I've only been rbt'ed once with the 'line. And I had a defect inspection done while I was driving around my shitty pulsar a year back... Not too much bad luck with the cops.

if a cop wants to pull me over at 7am coz i was driving a skyline (and i know its coz of the car coz he made an illegal uturn to pull me over) then he is a jackass

err whats up with 7am? ever thought that maybe its because theres a chance u might have been drinkin the night before and still have alcohol in your bloodstream? its very possible for that to happen...