SAU Community

R33 Aerial Troubles

n/aTurbo

Ok, as the description says, my aerial wont go down when either playing cd or radio.

The only time it actually does go down is when the head unit is completly switched off.

At the moment i am having to resort to playing no music because i really hate that long thing hanging off the top of my car, looks real bad.

The problem seemed to arise when i was getting my new head unit installed.

Before the installation, it all worked fine, aerial only came up when listening to the radio.

Real great job those so called "professionals" at JB HI-Fi did.

Ok im blabbing on now. My question to you is "Is there any way i myself could just remove the connection to the aerial so it stays down permanently or is this a job for a professional".

Keep in mind my car is a '93 R33 GTS25 Series 1 Skyline.

how about you tell me what radio is/was in the car. unsure what redback (JBHIFI contracted company for fitting) has done.

Well i used to have a crappy kenwood cd unit (not mp3), then changed it to a pioneer mp3.

and there lies your probelm. pioneer DOES NOT have a dedicated antenna control KENWOOD DOES! so the radio comes on antenna goes up and stays up. wnat it back the way you had it grab a KDC239 and you are done.

so there's no way to make it work properly with a pioneer? even the higher end pioneers?

and there lies your probelm. pioneer DOES NOT have a dedicated antenna control KENWOOD DOES! so the radio comes on antenna goes up and stays up. wnat it back the way you had it grab a KDC239 and you are done.

Is there anyway i can just detach the aerial and still have the mp3 playing properlly.

i have the opposite problem....my antenna wont go up even with the old head unit that was in the car, i have a switch underneath the dash that is for the antenna but it doesnt seem to work at all....does anyone have the schematics of the fuse box for th r33 gtst in english, maybe its a fuse? please help as i want my reception for radio to be 100% i am getting about 60% with it down.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, SNAP.......kinda, everytime i turn the key on my fishing rod of an antenna pops up. Ive stoped it from goingh up and down, YEAH, but now my amp and sub arnt working. Does anyone know what could be happening. The only wire i have attached to the amp or antenna is the remote wire to the amp.

Any help would be great, thanks guys...

Evan

antenna doesnt have a fuse, pull out your head unit and MAKE sure the power antenna wire is properly connexted.

as for the sub + amp prob.

i dont understand....their not working properly because you have ONLY connected the controll wire to the amp, do you have power + ground + RCA leads going to it?

please be a bit clearer and ill try to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wiring that miscellaneous slot on the factory connector to a miscellaneous wire on my new cd player (was trying to get the radio working)

and now my Antenna doesn't go up and the cd player doesn't work, but the factory player still works, what could be the problem?

Thanks