SAU Community

Bent Valve..

rb26s13

well finally lifted the head off the 26 this morning and this is wat i get to see :D

wat are peoples thoughts on wat could cause this?

oh and please note the head had been port n polished and full overhaul only 100km's before this happened

head was fitted with tomei 260 10.25 cams tomei type a valvesprings and tomei buckets during this work

edit:feel free to pm and ask me who it was

this first

piston.jpg

this second

head2.jpg.

and this

head1.jpg

Edited by rb26s13

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is is just the 1 valve?

Is there any hint that valves have been touching the crowns on the other 5 cylinders?

What does the retainer and colett look like on that valve?

Might have popper the retainer off with the increased spring pressure.

dont worry about the love tap on the piston too much (provided the damage is contained), but i would drop the head off to some-one you trust to have a look over it as if it only did 100kms before this happened the previous job was a botch.

dont worry about the love tap on the piston too much (provided the damage is contained), but i would drop the head off to some-one you trust to have a look over it as if it only did 100kms before this happened the previous job was a botch.

thats my thoughts and my mates thoughts aswell so far the place who did the work was in syd and was organised thru a "highly" praised person on here however i was extremely dissapointed with everything from them including quote time of 2 weeks for work to be carried out and ending up taking 3 months not to mention i paid the quoted price upfront before the head had arrived

sad thing out of all this is there is no one up here i'd trust with looking over it and putting a reason to the damage thats why i originaly paid 150freight each way for the head to get worked on down south

Edited by rb26s13

id write a few unhappy emails to the people involved wazz.... or simply start naming names because to me from what ive seen and heard of the heads preperation theres much left to be desired... i agree that it seems to be a "botched" job personally.... they diddnt even know how to match port????....

Edited by WHITE R32

is it possible that the clearance on this valve wasnt set right?

who put motor together and timed cams?

bottomend was stock

myself and a mate who is a fully quailified subaru mechanic assembled the motor

cam timing was set to 0

oh and for the people this was the workshops idea of matchporting

i supplied a full tomei gasket kit for the head to be match ported with which was returned to me COMPLETELY UNOPENED

WazsHead018.jpg

WazsHead001.jpg

id write a few unhappy emails to the people involved wazz.... or simply start naming names because to me from what ive seen and heard of the heads preperation theres much left to be desired... i agree that it seems to be a "botched" job personally.... they diddnt even know how to match port????....

i more than likely will be in due time however i'd like to wait a little bit to see if this person actualy notices this thread

and if anyone would like to know exactly who im talking about feel free to pm me and ask

being 10.25mm lift cams id asume the head was releived to accomodate the lift??

Did you dumby assemble the bottom end and check the piston to valve clearance with the new high lift cams???

Looks as if you have not had sufficient piston the valve clearance with the new cams and they have touched. Yes its possible only one valve touched, its just luck!

being 10.25mm lift cams id asume the head was releived to accomodate the lift??

Did you dumby assemble the bottom end and check the piston to valve clearance with the new high lift cams???

Looks as if you have not had sufficient piston the valve clearance with the new cams and they have touched. Yes its possible only one valve touched, its just luck!

they knew all specs of the motor

dummy assembly it was fine and clearance good

Shit Wazz.... Not pretty mate....

after all the friggin hype of these heads it's a real disappointment :)

Shame mate.... Give us a buzz when the rebuild is happening :down:

Oh yeah and the port job (as said to you when originally got them back) was shite as well....

nah you need to measure the bucket to lobe centre clearance with feeler gauges to work out the right shim they should have used.

ahh yes i know wat you mean now.. dont think i actualy have any feeler gauges :)

ah well i dont think ill get anything out of them anyway.. and i'd rather not have them touch the head again.. i really dont wanna get assf**ked twice by them was costly enough the first time

Edited by rb26s13