SAU Community

Need Help

Rav

HEY GUYS,

Just went for alil drive in my R32 GTR and My greddy oil pressure Gauge When i give it boost it starts to go all the way down, I dont think it is my oil pressure that is going down, I think the Gauge is playing up,

Does any one know where i can go to get it checked out.(Thinking it might just be stuffed or a wire lose).

HEY GUYS,

Just went for alil drive in my R32 GTR and My greddy oil pressure Gauge When i give it boost it starts to go all the way down, I dont think it is my oil pressure that is going down, I think the Gauge is playing up,

Does any one know where i can go to get it checked out.(Thinking it might just be stuffed or a wire lose).

Only happen when you cane it? If that is the case I'd be a bit cautious if I was you. Don't make the mistake of shooting the messenger friend.

Cheers GW

Edited by 260tech

Are you in Bundy, Bundaberg? If so, this is the Victoria section.

If you are in Vic, R.E Customs do an excellent job on forum members cars and I have used them myself. :)

Iam from Bundoora vic, Ok cools if you can send me a pm of there details that be good.

Cheers,

If your sure its the gauge (and you'd wanna be, or your highly risking your motor driving it)

Then it'll be either the sender/sensor is dead, or the wire has come off.

Its on the driver side

Just took it around the block before and now iam starting to think its not the Gauge,

Itz more serious:( .

You just bought your GTR for cheap?

Normally all R32 oil presure sender are stuff, in your case you've got an aftermarket so best to take it easy for now. I'm pretty sure any Mechanics can just hook up a mechanical gauge to check it out otherwise Ray@RE knows his stuff.

You just bought your GTR for cheap?

Normally all R32 oil presure sender are stuff, in your case you've got an aftermarket so best to take it easy for now. I'm pretty sure any Mechanics can just hook up a mechanical gauge to check it out otherwise Ray@RE knows his stuff.

What u mean i just bought my GTR cheap.

when the engine is warm check how much oil you have

does the guage drop to zero ? if not, what number?

the stock cluster has an idiot light for low oil pressure so this should come on if in fact the guage is correct and you hit say near 0 oil pressure. make sure your oil pressure warning light works - turn the car to ACC (but dont start it). look for a red oil tin can icon - it should be on. if you can see it - i would expect this light to come with true low pressure

ah just realised its an aftermarket guage

what does the stock one show when this problem occurs

My stock Gauge it disconnect and when i put the car to acc the lil icon dont show on the dash.

when the engine is warm check how much oil you have

does the guage drop to zero ? if not, what number?

dont realy let it drop to much i back of but it goes down to around 2.

Wouldnt it be beta to check the oil level when it is cold because then the oil just seating there or no, (But the oil level is almost full when it is cold).

Edited by Rav

no check the oil when the engine is at operating temp

use the dipstick and check the level of oil in the engine

ok if you dont see the warning light at post diag then it could be dead

so you could in fact have low oil pressure under load

when you say it drops - what rpm does it drop to 2 at?