SAU Community

Pod Filter Made Huge Difference

say "hi!" to going backwards in power.

No cold air partition means you suck in some very hot air. Hotter air = lower power.

take it back off and put the old airbox back on, till you get yourself a partition. Trust me your car will be faster that way. Unless it runs on Magic, then just like a good HKS sticker you will have another 100hp.

Thats actually wrong information, on its own the hks sticker is only good for 50hp, you need the apexi as well for 100hp :D

catback is only half an exhaust and turbo back is full exhaust....

most people do catback cause:

1. its cheaper

2. it has a bigger pipe out the back still

3. & changes the sound of the car

catback does nothing for performance... turbo back does.

i think the tsutsutsu was his way of writing flutter noise :bunny: ....

lol :blush: i swear the car feels different... maybe im just :devil: lol but i swear the car is smoother all round. I left the top half of the factory airbox just sittin over bit of the pod, i noticed the radiator blows alot of hot air back that way so if i can keep some of it off with that cover, and hopefully get some cooler air from the funnel then its all good lol, also makes it more inconspicuous... cept when it goes VSHHHHHH. What other things can be done to get cold air too it without moving it out of the engine bay?

Held the old filter up to the light nd i could see dim light through it... but yeah...

lol re the mods back to front, i had a good opportunity arise to get parts cheap from YOYO which i was gunna eventually look for so i nabbed em. (and its a corsair not a laser :D lol) everything works great yoyo, thanks bra

Whats a turbo back exhuast???? compared to the catback???

Yeah i know that's what he was trying to write i just wanted to know what actually made that noise.

Now the difference between turbo back and cat back is simple.

It's basically where they start. Cat back starts from behind the cat and turbo back from behind the turbo.

Go turbo back mate!!! Split dump pipe, front pipe, hi flow cat and cat back exhaust and you'll be laughing!!!

catback is only half an exhaust and turbo back is full exhaust....

most people do catback cause:

1. its cheaper

2. it has a bigger pipe out the back still

3. & changes the sound of the car

catback does nothing for performance... turbo back does.

A good cat back gives a substancial gain in power, the factory mufflers are very restrictive. Turbo back exhaust is regardless still the ideal in any case.

If you can feel more power then its probably cos your hand is on your nuts and you got a nice sensation....covered time and time again

stock box is only restrictive when you get to about 220-240 kw...main thing you will notice is the the stock in take pipe will suck closed under full load. I dont like the gay rice pod sound but I am stick with it cos the stock box doesnt cut it at 260-270 kw. This is with a good high flow panel filter also....I think I tried K&N and a trust foam one. If you make the box bigger you can fix up the restriction...but its too much hassel.

If you have a new FMIC there will be a a nice 3" hole from the old return pipe...get some 3" flex pipe and make yourself a new front bar feed...costs $5. Then box up your pod...I got a good plastic setup form this guy in ebay for $100...its really quite good, fits the hole perfectly and nearly seals properly! Doesnt look like he sells them anymore whihc is a shame...