SAU Community

Pod Filter Made Huge Difference

Hey guys, just thought id share my latest... from a stock R33 GTST ive upgraded the intercooler, boost controller, put on a boost guage, bunch of asthetic mods, stereo etc, but only today did i get around to putting the Pod filter on and the difference it has made to the feel of the car is VERY noticable.

Before it used to feel different, when under load the car would feel held back, hit the odd flatspot, or shudder slightly at times as if it were being choked... even when idling it feels different it used to shudder more at low rpm etc...

Now the car just goes so smooth, comming on acceleration, smoother idling, screams like a banshee and even has more power... it has probably made the most noticable difference driving wise compared to all the other mods ive done...

So anyone who can relate to the above, if u havent put a pod filter on it yet, do so :devil:. I got the adapter from supercheap (theyre also at repco and autobarn), and the 3A racing filter from autobarn. (autobarn prolly the cheapest). Bout 60 buxish all up.

Cant wait to get the exhuast done.

The only way a pod filter could make that sort of difference is if your panel filter was an absolute dirty piece of crap. Otherwise on a fairly standard R33 the only real difference would be induction noise.

The only way a pod filter could make that sort of difference is if your panel filter was an absolute dirty piece of crap. Otherwise on a fairly standard R33 the only real difference would be induction noise.

haha i was going to say the exact same thing

exactly what i was thinking

ditto

seems like your doing all your mods back to front...lol. should have done all your breather mods first. just wait till you get your exhaust done then you will be on another planet. :devil:

Hey guys, just thought id share my latest... from a stock R33 GTST ive upgraded the intercooler, boost controller, put on a boost guage, bunch of asthetic mods, stereo etc, but only today did i get around to putting the Pod filter on and the difference it has made to the feel of the car is VERY noticable.

Before it used to feel different, when under load the car would feel held back, hit the odd flatspot, or shudder slightly at times as if it were being choked... even when idling it feels different it used to shudder more at low rpm etc...

Now the car just goes so smooth, comming on acceleration, smoother idling, screams like a banshee and even has more power... it has probably made the most noticable difference driving wise compared to all the other mods ive done...

So anyone who can relate to the above, if u havent put a pod filter on it yet, do so :sick:. I got the adapter from supercheap (theyre also at repco and autobarn), and the 3A racing filter from autobarn. (autobarn prolly the cheapest). Bout 60 buxish all up.

Cant wait to get the exhuast done.

Hey Alex,

Hope the car's running fine, sell your laser and you'll have more money for mods :devil: :laughing-smiley-014:

Cheers,

Phil :blink:

I not long ago went back to an airbox with a free flowing panel filter, the only thing i noticed was a lack of intake noise, power is the same as before on 12psi.

The flat spot and shudder problem would most likely be the wiring in your afm, when you removed it there is a good chance that either the plug now makes better contact than it did before and the wires inside moved back into place, mine was the opposite, once i changed back to the airbox the wires inside came apart and i had running problems.

i think the tsutsutsu was his way of writing flutter noise :D ....

lol :( i swear the car feels different... maybe im just :( lol but i swear the car is smoother all round. I left the top half of the factory airbox just sittin over bit of the pod, i noticed the radiator blows alot of hot air back that way so if i can keep some of it off with that cover, and hopefully get some cooler air from the funnel then its all good lol, also makes it more inconspicuous... cept when it goes VSHHHHHH. What other things can be done to get cold air too it without moving it out of the engine bay?

Held the old filter up to the light nd i could see dim light through it... but yeah...

lol re the mods back to front, i had a good opportunity arise to get parts cheap from YOYO which i was gunna eventually look for so i nabbed em. (and its a corsair not a laser :D lol) everything works great yoyo, thanks bra

Whats a turbo back exhuast???? compared to the catback???

Edited by Alex_r33s2gts25t

say "hi!" to going backwards in power.

No cold air partition means you suck in some very hot air. Hotter air = lower power.

take it back off and put the old airbox back on, till you get yourself a partition. Trust me your car will be faster that way. Unless it runs on Magic, then just like a good HKS sticker you will have another 100hp.