SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

wolverine

Now you are making up facts :D

Basically its a slow news day and the F1 media are stretching for every line they can ... Lewis is never going to win out in these conditions. He shoud hush puppy until he actually has something to speak about.

I feel the penalty was deserved. I think Heikki got screwed over a tad, i think Kimi not getting a black flag or meatball flag for his exhaust is a pathetic call .

But , i am just enjpying the next few days of chaos. After Sunday the world is going to be a better place after Lewis blitzes them at Silverstone. I am ready for the Senna-esque performance of winning from the lead after getting poll, with Heikki again 3 laps heavier on fuel and struggling for a grid position.

A little birdy also tells me the call baout driver lines up will get interesting 2-3 days after this GP?!?!

Am not! The stewards said themselves they admitted the call was borderline but did it insisting that they had no choice after the call was made to give loowis a penalty opting for the most lenient one = the drive through.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lewis cut the chicane to make up a position.. It is simply not allowed, any argument stating otherwise is just silly and immature, the rules state a certain regulation and Loowie broke it... Simple as that.. He doesn't have a leg to stand on I'm afraid Adam... Even defending a place, if you skip a chicane in order to even 'maintain' a position then you must either surrender it or come in for a penalty.. Sure, I agree Lewis drove a pretty decent 07 Monaco race, but this wasn't at Monaco was it?? it isn't 07 is it???

Lewis cut the chicane to make up a position.. It is simply not allowed, any argument stating otherwise is just silly and immature, the rules state a certain regulation and Loowie broke it... Simple as that.. He doesn't have a leg to stand on I'm afraid Adam... Even defending a place, if you skip a chicane in order to even 'maintain' a position then you must either surrender it or come in for a penalty.. Sure, I agree Lewis drove a pretty decent 07 Monaco race, but this wasn't at Monaco was it?? it isn't 07 is it???

lol, i seem to recall he drove pretty well at Monaco this year too Marco.

I hate the inconsistencies and doubtless, people are going to start making assumptions based on the fact that, yet again, a McLaren was involved. Its simply unbelievable to me that they let Raikonnen drive around the circuit for dozens of laps with a flapping exhaust and yet pinged Hamilton immediately for the drivethrough.

Wheres the bloody justice in that>?

Cmon back Garage menace - youre voice is welcome and needed in here.

Sorry i got bent out of shape on you.

I'm just a Lewie lover thats all and the boy cant do no wrong! :D

I hate the inconsistencies ...... Its simply unbelievable to me that they let Raikonnen drive around the circuit for dozens of laps with a flapping exhaust and yet pinged Hamilton immediately for the drivethrough.

See what happens when i go three nights withouth a beer. FFS i am starting to agree with you. :D But the fact that when the FIA get it right, isnt cause to be up in arms. Its when they get it wrong that it upsets me. Lewis deserved it and got pinged, others have been luckier.

Just because the deviant down the road gets away with DUI, doesnt mean another bloke should cry when he is caught out

Kimi deserved a ping and wasnt....so lets hope next time the stewards get it right. Hopefully it wont be a McLaren that gets pinged as that will only add to conjecture

See what happens when i go three nights withouth a beer. FFS i am starting to agree with you. :)

Completely out of character today Roy.

Agreeing with me - unthinkable, lol. :(

Lewis clearly gained an advantage and deserved his drive-thru. Yes, he was past Vettel but the only way he "completed" the pass was by sacrificing the next corner. His penalty would have been far worse if there were a sand trap or guardrail there. In fact, he never would have attempted the move if there were...which tells you everything.

Nicholas D'Amato

NJ, USA

All you Hamilton lovers out there, I challenge you to negate this point with facts, and not "McLaren bosses thought it was unfair and they know more about F1 than you." McLaren have a vested interest to plead their own case...

:miner:

Anyone can pass anyone if they don't have to worry about pulling up for the next turn...

Gee, that sounds familiar.... :yes:

Welcome to the F1 thread buddy, more sense is always welcome in here :yes:

Apparently....

Hamilton-Fail.gif

LOL, i should have seen that one coming - it was sarcasm you know, ever heard of it?

Man, the things i get myself into.

I have no animosity to anyone on this thread and am a firm believer in everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, my argument is this is not an opinion incident. It is a question of fact. My case is thus:

In order for a pass to be made, a driver must pass another vehicle within the bounds of the track / circuit, and complete the next corner legally. Trying is not good enough. Lewis did not legally make the following corner. I will also add, the only reason he managed to get in front of Vettel in the first place is he out-braked himself. He did not out-brake Vettel, who had the line and was dilligently braking for the next corner.

End of story. Side issues of broken exhausts, Monaco rear-enders and team bias are irrelevant and have no business in this specific discussion.

I made my hatred for Hamilton clear from the outset so as to negate any arguments of bias. As a driver, he is awesome. As a racer, he is average. As a person, he is a farken wanker. I for one, cannot overlook personality when it comes to who I support to win. I recognise Mundine is an awesome fighter, but I even find myself sometimes hoping he loses to a foreigner, which is saying something, as I am fiercely patriotic having pulled on a uniform for this country. Hamilton had the nerve to call back-markers "numpties" after only a few GPs. I would have more respect for his opinion if he had been one of those back markers and had excelled in sub-standard equipment earning himself a promotion to a top tier team. Instead, he started in the best car, has not done the F1 hard yards the rest have and is in no position to have such an attitude until he has had to wring the neck out of one of the lesser cars without getting a result.

I have NEVER in my time of watching sport observed a more arrogant, and every other descriptive expletive I can think of, person with a higher sense of entitlement. He, and his team, have beem penalised numerous times lately as they have broken the rules. I don't think McLaren are being treated harshly. Ferrari seem to be having an easier time of it but that is for another discussion. Just coz the prancing horse is slipping through the net is no reason to be arguing against the merits of a specific illegal pass.

Also, I have been a McLaren fan since I first started watching F1 as a kid. They are my favourite team but I cannot stomach their lead driver. His attitude to the pitlane crash he caused 2 GPs ago was worse than disgraceful, but that is a whole other story...

.............I would have more respect for his opinion if he had been one of those back markers and had excelled in sub-standard equipment earning himself a promotion to a top tier team. Instead, he started in the best car, has not done the F1 hard yards the rest have and is in no position to have such an attitude until he has had to wring the neck out of one of the lesser cars without getting a result.

Couldn't agree more. Even the greats and I do mean truly greats like Ayrton and Michael (flawed genius at times) started in lesser machinery and still managed to impress (and win) all who knew the sport in those days. Much like Mark Webber does these days. Hamilton maybe an excellent driver but racer??? I seriously doubt if he has that extra something to drag a car to finish line on three wheels like Giles Villeneuve did or come back from the horrific crash and burns like Niki Lauda to win a championship. No I'm sorry but the boy is not yet a man!

cheers

Muz

ok lets all take a chill pill and wait for this weekend, ,hopefully Hammy doesn't run his car into the back of the batmobile

I think it has been pretty civilised with some spirited debate from both sides and is an interesting argument that still has a ways to run until someone wins, provided people can stick to the issues at hand.

I for one, when I read this thread, which I had stayed out of until yesterday, am interested in debates like this rather than reading through 100 or more posts on how to get streaming sorted, or what is the best brand of beer etc (that is not a go at anyone). I trudge through the crap for discussions like this, however got sick of sitting on the sidelines.

That being said, I see your point and don't want to flog a dead horse but welcome M3GTR's, DEZZ's, Roy's and everyone else's comments in response.

Cheers.

Edited by Garage Menace

lol, i seem to recall he drove pretty well at Monaco this year too Marco.

yeah he drove great - if you forget about his crash into the armco which forced a pitstop straight afterwards, and through other circumstances actually setup his race win. Drove well? No, lots of luck with circumstance - very lucky he wasn't out of the race early on with that slap into the armco. And lucky circumstances played into his hands later in the race with his now full tank of fuel, umm, "strategy"

yeah he drove great - if you forget about his crash into the armco which forced a pitstop straight afterwards, and through other circumstances actually setup his race win. Drove well? No, lots of luck with circumstance - very lucky he wasn't out of the race early on with that slap into the armco. And lucky circumstances played into his hands later in the race with his now full tank of fuel, umm, "strategy"

You cant take the win away from him you know. The same thing could be said for Massa. Raikonnen had it in the bag and Massa came along and said "Yoink, ill take that thanks very much"

He HAD to drive well to get the win.

Lewis maximized the fortune he had mate - that happened early and you cant blame the guy when the chips fall his way.

To say that he won solely on the back of luck is ridiculous.

Monaco and luck have always been inseparable there.