SAU Community

Track Day Anyone

jippa

chucky and i have talked about doing a track day for us wa stagea owners. have not looked into the finer details yet just looking at whos keen. not super keen on the drags as its straight line and we all know the stag is heavy. reckon we all would have more fun sending them round tight corners at speed, seems there more suited to track. anyway reply if your keen and if anyone has experience at organising such an event post your info and i will start organising it if theres enough interest.

pit crew, chucky on tyre changes and camera work :(

stageas coming

1 me

2 brad, unique 1,

3 mark, staged

4 kylie, stagea girl

5 neil, msport 180, possibly ?

6 daniel, 260rstagea

7 mitchy in the legume

8 shane ,stagpower

9 cory, snapper

10 hanna

11 sean, shonky el donkey

16 dale, stinky rooster :)

Edited by jippa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shure we could make an exception for you seeing as your an ex stagean. not shure how many people are allowed in a group, anyone? hope numbers are not to limmited

I am not sure, the pulsar club is running one in Feb, and they were limited to 10 cars so i don't think there will be too much of an issue there. I have contacted the person responsible for theirs, and if they get back to me with any decent info, I will let you know ASAP. :)

this is part of an email from brad who has organised track days through ahg before and has offered to organise it for us :yes:. at this stage he has quoted 75 per person if we get 16 or the price will go up depending on how many we get. cost will be $1200 regardless of the amount of people

I suggest for the first day to get used to the car, and track, single skid pan is the way to go. You will have 2 qualifed, friendly instructors who will teach you how to drive using techniques with steering, braking and vision etc. I will supply drinks on the day (covered in the costs) for all participants and friends involved in the Stagea day.

Late February at the moment is looking ok for bookings. The event is for half a day so either morning or afternoon.

is late feb ok? no solid dates yet and im looking into the double skid pan?

Edited by jippa

Maybe even look towards March as the weather may be a bit niceer for everyone?

For those who dont know me, i am the Brad who has offered to organise and run the event for you. I have done several of these days for SAUWA with great success and interest.

These events are NOT TIMED! These are driver training events. Instructors will be there on hand to help you learn to drive your car to the limit, and hopefully not beyond (although moments do happen :yes: )

This is held at the AHG Centre in Kewdale. For those who have been out there before, youll appreciate that it is a fantastic, safe venue for this sort of thing.

To hire the skid pan for half a day, with qualified instructors is $1100. We try to make an extra $100 to allow for drinks, ice and nibbly type snacks to be supplied to all participants on the day. Feel free to drop that if you wish to make it an extra $10 or so cheaper for everyone, but keep in mind there is normally enough soft drink supplied for even the spectators :P

Hope this gives you some more info. Let me know if i can help with any more :thumbsup:

Cheers

Brad

SAUWA Motorsport Co-ordinator

Jerome i just saw you were looking at a double skid pan event?

Few things to consider.

1. Most people have probably never been to AHG and 2 skid pan events can be quite intimidating to beginers. Best if people get comfortable with 1 first IMHO

2. Double skid pans are more expensive which can quite possibly turn people off.

3. Speeds can be higher using the double skid pans. For someone who has never pushed their car to the limit like this, this can be a bit off-putting. I would recommend to start slow, get used to the car in these environments and work your way up.

4. To run double skid pan, the amount of time to do a lap is obviously greater by 10-20 seconds (Depending on the drivers speed of course) so for the day, each person will do less laps.

Its completely up to you guys what you want to do, i am just throwing some thoughts and suggestions gained from the experience of running these events. I am happy to help with whatever you guys need. If you want me to butt out and p**s off, then let me know LOL

Cheers :yes:

we will keep it to 1 pan and march sounds better, hope we get the numbers together and keep the suggestions coming. is the 1100 a slightly discounted price?

only 3 peeps so far 2 whales and a shoebox, may have to open it to other nissans if we cant get enough stags

we will keep it to 1 pan and march sounds better, hope we get the numbers together and keep the suggestions coming. is the 1100 a slightly discounted price?

only 3 peeps so far 2 whales and a shoebox, may have to open it to other nissans if we cant get enough stags

:yes:

how rude! It looks more like a shoe than a shoe box......

If we can't get the numbers from just the stagea guys, maybe give SAUWA first refusal?

Give it a few days for the word to get out anyway.

I'd give it more then a few days :yes:

I'm sure we could possibly gather a leggy or two or three aswell.

I may be interested if my car hasn't sold by then lol and after I see brad about my suspension.

Edited by StageaGirl

$1100 is what AHG centre charge me to hire 1 skid pan for half a day with instructors. If you wish to divide that between your entrants, however many you want, thats up to you (16 maximum). Most clubs will ask for $5 or $10 more per person for the social fund or what ever. If you guys want to supply your own drinks then thats completely fine.

All i need is for you to tell me how many drivers you want, and how much to charge each person and a date estimate and ill be happy to sort it from there!

I would like to see a lot more stageas on the track!!!! If you are stuggling with numbers, we could open it to SAUWA forum users as well.

p.s. it is also possible to have 2 people driving 1 car. I always space them evenly to give the car a chance to cool down etc. I have seen husband/wife combinations, father/sons, father/daughters, or just a couple of mates. I have found that my wife loves these training events as there is no pressure with timing. She can have an instructor sit beside her and help her with things to improve on, or do differently etc so theres no reason your partners cant come have some fun and learn aswell :yes: (In the autotest series, with all this training, she has got results as high as 6 in class which is fantastic considering the competetion.) Just another thought :P

$1100 is what AHG centre charge me to hire 1 skid pan for half a day with instructors. If you wish to divide that between your entrants, however many you want, thats up to you (16 maximum). Most clubs will ask for $5 or $10 more per person for the social fund or what ever. If you guys want to supply your own drinks then thats completely fine.

All i need is for you to tell me how many drivers you want, and how much to charge each person and a date estimate and ill be happy to sort it from there!

I would like to see a lot more stageas on the track!!!! If you are stuggling with numbers, we could open it to SAUWA forum users as well.

p.s. it is also possible to have 2 people driving 1 car. I always space them evenly to give the car a chance to cool down etc. I have seen husband/wife combinations, father/sons, father/daughters, or just a couple of mates. I have found that my wife loves these training events as there is no pressure with timing. She can have an instructor sit beside her and help her with things to improve on, or do differently etc so theres no reason your partners cant come have some fun and learn aswell :yes: (In the autotest series, with all this training, she has got results as high as 6 in class which is fantastic considering the competetion.) Just another thought :P

will keep the extra 10 in the price for a sausage sizzle and a can of softdrink

Hey Kylie, Did you not bring the car in while i wasnt here?

Bring it in anytime, im back at work now :yes:

I would suggest leave the thread open for a week, or more as an Expression of Interest then decide on the numbers etc.

I'd be in for sure, as I was a spectator at one of these events, and it looked like a whole heap of fun. Just to clarify, is this open to Stagea owners only?

If not, I could gather up quite a few ppl :yes:

Mark

Staged, at the moment i think the preference is for Stageas. If numbers of Stageas are not high enough, it will probably be open to other people and vehicles. I am helping to organise and run the event, but i am not making the rules LOL