SAU Community

R32 Fan Going Crazy

gtst7

hey Im just wondering if anyone can help me with my r32 gtst...... basically, the fan is going wild....... even the temp gauge in teh car is finding it hard to rise. It makes a loud whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo noise when I rev it above 4000rpm. anyidea what;s wrong with it? any help would be very much appreciated thanks

when the radiator reaches certain high temps (i think it's ~90 degrees), the clutch fan will turn on. this is what the "whoooo" sound is. it's completely normal. :P

Edited by dmr

with the engine off see if you can freely spin the fan, if you cant spin it, then it may be the clutch is seized, in which case you should stop driving it cause fans like to explode in all differant directoins when they rotate too much.

or it could be the warm summer days making it kick in......

steve

Edited by PHATR32

Original clutch fan or an aftermarket thermo?

It would be his standard clutch fan.

no idea...... all I know is the stupid fan spins faster when I rev?

Yep, standard clutch fan.

when the radiator reaches certain high temps (i think it's ~90 degrees), the clutch fan will turn on. this is what the "whoooo" sound is. it's completely normal. :D

Spot on!

errr well then ur car sounds like a diesel truck I dont think that's normal lol

My GTR does it too. When I have been driving it for a while the clutch fan can be heard. Same happend in my n/a R31.

I love my diesel trucks. lol.

with the engine off see if you can freely spin the fan, if you cant spin it, then it may be the clutch is seized, in which case you should stop driving it cause fans like to explode in all differant directoins when they rotate too much.

or it could be the warm summer days making it kick in......

steve

Again, operating tempertaure. Hope I helped you guys out.

Pwoah man, I'm the quote king! :banana: