SAU Community

R33 Car Nav System?

SXY_33

Hey

i was just wondering if anyone know if the mitsubishi car navigation system comes standard in the r33 series 2???

and if so can it be used in australia... is it like a GPS???? i also have these funny looking antennas on my rear windscreen.

its all in the boot. there is the cd stacker, the car nav sys, and then there is some box that everthing seems to be connected to...??? if any one knows wat it is id appreciate it

thanks

post-46165-1199768392_thumb.jpg

post-46165-1199768415_thumb.jpg

Hey

i was just wondering if anyone know if the mitsubishi car navigation system comes standard in the r33 series 2???

No, they would have been a factory option

and if so can it be used in australia... is it like a GPS????

General rule, no.

Unless someones been busy writing a flash for the system, in my experience that any of the in-car GPS/Nav systems in a JDM imported car are unfortunatly propriatary to Japan. (I guess they figure 'why spend money' on something which is never intended to go outside its local market)

i also have these funny looking antennas on my rear windscreen.

They're diversity antennas. Not for GPS, mobile phone, radio, CB or anything else- only a TV

its all in the boot. there is the cd stacker, the car nav sys, and then there is some box that everthing seems to be connected to...??? if any one knows wat it is id appreciate it

It's possibly the TV tuner which runs up to the display via all the other bits and along with sadly all the other stuff, it's mostly completely useless in Australia. Not real easy to tell from the photo

HI I am a new member to this forum so here goes. I bought a c34 stagea a couple of weeks ago but haven`t received it yet, although i have been picking up gear to modify my system i hope.

The radio will work with a frequency converter from dick smith, the tv with a few mods and a set top box will work, but the sat nav may be a little different, i purchased from England a set of nissan dvd`s for the gps and hopefully may help.

I also bought from USA a operators manual for the stagea so at least i know what buttons to push.

Hopefully someone else knows small mods that may work thanks dennispost-45905-1200128529.jpg