SAU Community

how low can i go?

... ok, whoring aside..

The ADR regs specify 100mm at the lowest point of the car. That said, my flatmate's Lancer MR is pretty much factory, and its front bar is lower than mine. I also regularly see even cop cars with their exhausts only a few mm off the ground which wouldn't be legal.

Unfortunately driving an import you will get done for it eventually, and its one of the most regularly policed defects from what i see. One rule for any boring old car, another for nice cars it seems.

omg fulllllly lowwerrrdddd bro

lol 2GU UP, why do you want to drop it so hard? all it does is give you a shit ride quality and make the car that much harder to drive. honestly people arent all that impressed just because your car is scraping its gut across the pavement... why dont you pump some money into whats under the bonnet, not under the fully sick rimz :mad:

dude I'm sure with a set of height adjustable coil overs you could get your car somewhere near that level of lowness

I've got a mate with a 32 and with his adjustables his rims sit inside his arches.Maybe not that much but they do. Apparently you can modify something on the coilovers to make them go lower too.

I'm no expert, in fact I don't really know much at all about coilovers, but I'd say that's the only way to go.

Hope that's something useful for you.

badman - im putting money in to the engine too dont worry i just luv my cars as low as possible and when it was sitting on its bump stops everyone luved the look of it ive driving cars that arenoly about 50mm from the ground mine was 75mm and i dont find it that hard to drive

believe it or not all the ppl ive spoken to about it have said that they luv it when its low as

JiMiH - thanks man i think ill just go the KMACs they reckon u get a 4 inch drop so guess ill see wat happens

apparently shortened shocks can be used as well not 100% sure how good they are though

Australian civil engineering standards specify that nothing shall project 100mm past the level finished surface of a roadway and that the maximum change in gradient is 13%, which means 99% of cars set 100mm above road surface will clear this change in grade and any speed humps etc.... so i'd set teh car at 100mm high. ( i'm pretty sure it teh law in qld and all other states). hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

or you could fit hydraulic suspension and have it on the ground and whenever you come to a bump or something flick the switch to get over it and flick it back...or something :D that is if you have a huge amount of money laying around somewhere not doing anything

careful with bags man, a bloke i know put bags in his rodeo and thought it was all sweet, turns out his install was completely illegal and now it's been defected off the roads

im not quite sure why exactly, but his install quality wasnt exactly the best ever (they put the compressor where his aircon used to be, the switch box was the shittiest thing i ever seen)

so just be careful where u go to get bags ay, keep it all legal and make sure they kno what they doin