SAU Community

Shannons Wheels Expo 2008 March 16

CeJay

A BIG! thanks to Cejay for organising this year, it is all well planned and looks to be a great day, but it will be a HOT day.

As Cejay said (and a lot of this is a summary of Cejay's excellent work), could we please have everyone meet at the museum between 8am and 8:30 to leave as a group to go to the show. It looks great when we all turn up together. If you can't make it at that time turn up to the show when you are able, but no guarantees there will be space.

It would be good if we can leave the museum and park in the R31-32-33-34-35? order. (or vice versa)

If you need to leave early, that is fine, but please try and park so you have an easy way out.

Park in two rows, with the rear of the cars facing each other. Please leave some room for the tent, it is big.

If you are able to, bring your own seats to sit under the tent.

I have the banner from Shell (who I have under good authority will be making a guest appearance). I also have lots of soft drinks and ice, but please bring your own water.

Remember to bring a camera, a hat and sunscreen.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

DONT FORGET R30,S r30 31 32 33 34

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DONT FORGET R30,S r30 31 32 33 34

How could I forget the classic R30.

It would be great to have the R35 that's been driving around Canberra attend.. but I don't think they would even consider it.

way to not show up you 10-15 jerkwads that wrote their names down :thumbsup:

Was a fun day out and those RC cars were hilarious once again, they were very 'handsome' as one kid described them

Edited by Baconer

Overall the day went well, unfortunately a number of people didn't show up :) , too much partying at skyfire? lol. Anyway, did take some pics, but didn't really come out that well. Ended up having around 13-14 cars or so, good to see the Dr30's. Thanks to Mick again for the Federal tent and John for organising the drinks. Would of been BBQ'd ourselves without it. Would of been good to have the 34 gtr turn up like last year, but didn't happen.

The event did seem a bit quieter on a whole than last year, got a bit mystified but the organisers saying they'd lock in our cars lol, due to safety concerns, at least they didn't do that in the end.

Doe any one know if they have awards at this event or is it strictly show off your car and thanks for comming just curious

There was a couple of people who had a clip board and were taking notes on some cars, but certainly no official show and shine for our cars.

Then again we could always hold our own show and shine, it would encourage people like me to give their cars a proper wash.

• 3 weeks later...

hey all , i got some photos so i thought id pop them up. and the sun was a bitch for photos.

take it easy stuart

p.s have some more phtos of individual cars but im to lazy to sit here for that long lol.

post-47384-1207183699_thumb.jpg

post-47384-1207183743_thumb.jpg

post-47384-1207183790_thumb.jpg

post-47384-1207183930_thumb.jpg

ah so that's what it looked like when there were actually cars there... bit different to the 2 or 3 that were left when me and Cassi turned up :P

Awe... come on Shell there was at least 5 cars left :-P

Thanks for the photo's guys.