SAU Community

Do You Use A Car Cover?

Magic

I've got a nylon car cover at home, it's fits the R34 fine, but I was wondering if it does any damage to the paint or windows in terms of scratching after say 2-4 days with it on. And obivously it would be a weekly occurence, so in the long run, would it scratch or..?

Thanks. :)

If the cars filthy and your dragging the cover across the car while fitting it on it'll probably put fine scratches here and there over time.... but if the cars clean and you dont drag the cover around on the car while fitting I dont see no harm.

Thanks for the replies.

my car lives its life outside under a nylon cover in the wind and rain, no sign of scratches on the paint. not sure where this myth came from.

Duncan, on my box for the car cover it says they don't recommend covering it for 5 days or more straight, so yeah I was just trying to make sure if I would be doing any long term damage, because it is quite windy in Rocko!

But cool, I'll just make sure there isn't any dust etc on it before I put it on obviously.

Cheers.

main concern would be the wind causing chafing on the paint. ive had it happen to me. if your gonna drive it weekly there shouldnt be a real problem leaving it under the cover for a couple days. something about letting the paint breathe i think, the warning is there moreso as a liability issue on their part.

• 4 weeks later...

Car covers are great. As discussed above, make sure you get an anti-static one. Generally as you pull them off/on the charge holds dirt/dust particles to the surface of the cover. This aint too good for it when you drag it on/over the car