SAU Community

Full Kicker System

Turk1

Well guys ive been thinking lately what system to purchase and i am thinking of getting a full kicker system set up? i know they dont make head units so i will have to buy a different brand for that but yer do these give out good sound? and are they worth getting?

Im kicker through and through, the Kicker L7 series subs are absolutely INSANE ..

I will only ever buy kicker ..

But everyone has there own favorites i guess

Edited by Mick

for subs you get good bang for bucks with kicker subs, if you got cash and want something better get jl 12w7.

If you want splits get focal I got jl z650 components dam expensive and pretty dam good also made in germany.

If i was to do it again i would get focal 165K2P they sound real good it also has better warranty 3yrs if installed by professional and 2yrs with jl i think.

MTX is a waste of time. Your going to need an amp again I would go JL again need one for sub and one for components or just get 4 channel jl 4x75 when you know car audio you know jl has got the goods where it matters. JL stuff is all practical exactly what you need and nothing that you don't trust me.

One more tip do it right once and then you won't need to look back.

Depends on many things, if I were you I'd rather invest my money in a brand such as Earthquake, but the JL 12W7 is definitely a good choice also. If your budget allows though, look at the Earthquake Subzero range, even the Holees range if you dare haha. Can't beat it really. Only others I would bother with are the Pioneer SPL range (TS-W5102SPL or if you can --> a TS-W5000SPL which is its predecessor, also would be cheaper due to being old stock) models. In terms of the amplifier, both and Earthquake and Pioneer offer purpose built amps for their top subs, so that's one option. You can always mix the sub with a different brand of amplifier.

Speakers... Earthquake once again, anything from tweeters to 700W 6x9's and 600W 6.5 inchers. There's a guy on here - NEMZ I think, who has an almost complete Earthquake system, except for the subs (who knows why :blink: probably coz they're a fair bit if you purchase them in AUS - and relatively rare).

:D

OK well all the brands listed are fine .. apart from rainbow they are awesome .. but somthing that is on par and are just wonderfull is DIGITAL DESIGNS .. holder of the worlds loudest car for 5 years running is saying somthing .

i have a full DD audio sys in my R31 and i love it splits up front coax rears 4ch amp and single sub and my car plays perfect sound . they have awesome imaging .. but at the end of the day u need to not just sit on the comp and ask ppls opinion go out to shops and demo them. if u are near autobarn in sunshine melbourne come in and see me and i will demo them for ya

• 2 weeks later...

Im no expert when it comes to audio, but i know a little. My last system was fairly cheap, under a grand id say - All Kenwood too, and i thought that for how much it cost it went alright, was pleanty loud enough, but not loud enough to draw attention and sound quality was pretty good. The only thing that let it down was the sub and amp, i needed a different brand sub and a bigger amp, then it would have gone alright. If your short for cash have a look at Kenwood, their stuff isnt too bad and really easy to use.

From what ive heard kicker subs are meant to be really good for the price you pay for them.

Also if you are strapped for cash look for a brand that deals in Highs, Mediums and Lows, compared to brands like pioneer which only deel with highs (from what i heard).

Dont rush into buying a system, read up about it, Hot 4s mag usually do a pretty decent write up on audio gear each month, which is usually pretty honest, so if u have the time learn n then shop.

My 2cents

post removed by moderator

Wow. just wow.

So you obviously aren't really into high range car audio then if you have heard of Rainbow. Rainbow are a German made brand, Click here to find out about what you think is a 'cheap' brand.

I would definitely rate Rainbow and Digital Designs better then Pioneer and Earthquake.

Now, to the original poster, any reason why you want a system full of the same brand?

HAHAHA, ok bro, ok. OK no worries "mate"

PS: Digital Designs, just in case you don't get my blatant sarcasm above, do NOT, hold any type of record, and DEFINITELY is not the world's loudest for 5 years in a row (if ever LOL).

The World standard for car audio SPL competition is dB Drag Racing, surely even you has heard of this? www.dbdragracing.com

Please visit the site and select the "dB Drag Racing" from the menu on the left, then "Leaderboard"

Select the year, start 5 years back, 2003 and “dB Drag Racing”, then “next”.

Then select "Maximum Certified SPL" and "List Standings"

This brings up a list, in 2003 "Team dB Warriors" hit 173.3dB using Digital Designs (DD) woofers.

Search 2004 at the top is "Team Loud" on 176.1dB

If you look further you will see they too used Digital Designs (DD) woofers.

Do the same for 2005:

It's a tie at 178 for Team Loud (DD) and Edge Audio (Pioneer).

However in Deathmatch competition at the World Finals, (a five minute average!), Team Loud hit an incredible 175.1 (non stop for 5 minutes!), while Edge Audio managed just 104.8dB

Now 2006:

Team Loud, 179.5 - guess what, again with Digital Designs woofers

2007:

Alan Dante - 180.5

Alan is the loudest man ever, the first ever over 180dB.

Alan uses a SINGLE Digital Designs 18" woofer and only four amps to hit 180.5dB!!!!

For the record Edge Audio came in at number 2, with a still impressive 179.8 using 13 Pioneer woofers and 52 amps.

There you have it. DD have been number one in the world for five years running. We also hold every Australian record. I should know, I've built the loudest car in Australia since 1999.

So who ever has been filling your head with these lies, tell them to do some research. :D

Phil

Edited by raz0r$harP.UK

Perfect sound from one 4channel amp.. haha

Absolutely, for example our Digital Designs S4 is a high end asymmetrical amplifier. It is rated at 2x100 and 2x200Wrms. It also features on board 24dB/octave bandpass crossover.

It can deliver 2x100Wrms into front components and 1x700Wrms into 2 ohms mono for sub(s) from a single compact package.

I'd be happy to demo a vehicle and show you what you've been missing all these years. :D

Autobarn Capalaba were the 2007 Australian SPL champions. :laugh:

Over 162dB from just two DD woofers, in a car with standard windows.

Phil

post-47184-1201870314_thumb.jpg

Edited by raz0r$harP.UK

Apologies for that - I've never heard of Digital Designs before in my life, also I'm going to sue Pioneer for false advertising on their site, stating they've won the main world wide SPL comp many a year in a row. However I still don't see how a 12" sub pushing a max of 1000watts is anywhere near the class of a 15" pushing 15,000 peak and 7,000 continuous... with 4inches of excursion. Sorry I just don't see it happening. Referring to the "Rainbow" subwoofers now. Also, to FIGJAM who stated that as far as he's concerned, Pioneer's range only deal with high frequencies.... refer to http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_ent...ange/index.html

I guess we'd need to know whether this guy wants to spend a lot of money or not, whether he's looking for SPL or dB performance, and whether he's after gut wrenching bass or something to make his hip hop and rap sound like pop candy tunes. Personally I'd prefer low hard hitting bass with plenty of excursion and QUALITY, rather than just raw volume. I haven't even checked out the DD range or anything, but from the information Phil gave up there, it gives me the impression that they can handle much more power than what they're rated at. Anyway, wasn't trying to pick a fight simply help the guy. Honestly though, I'm going after Pioneer for 10million.

No problems mate. But to be fair, if you haven't listened to the rainbow or DD gear, you should definitely check it out...they both manufacture some fantastic gear.

You should also check out the Car Audio Australia forums at http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au - I would rate that as one of the better local sources of information on car audio gear.