SAU Community

Can I Get An Compensation From Vic Roads For This?

cheez

hey guys

last nyt driving home along nepean hwy, a truck in front of me, semi, had its trailer hit a tree that was partly overhangng onto the road. the branch snapped and ended up on the road, i couldnt swerve to avoid it and i hit the branch and blew out my front tyre.

does vic roads maintain the trees along road sides? if so am i able to claim compensation for the busted rim and get them to pay for the repair or replacement of the rim?

has anybody had a similar issue with brought up with vic roads?

im thinking of ringing them and seeing if i get anything out of them.

cheers

daniel

post-31466-1200788699_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1200788770_thumb.jpg

did you get any photo's of the road with the branch on it etc?

I think I heard that the council will only cover upto $1000... how much would 1 of your rims cost or are they out of production or japanese? and get someone to check the tyre to see if it's alright to keep driving on after the impact.

Edited by Sandeep

mate, it would definetely be the local council. my cousin got payed out by the local council in torquay for his car because they covered up a pot hole with a metal sheet without securing it. a truck drove over it and flicked it in the air and he swerved to avoid it or sumthing like that and almost wrote his car off

write a letter with photos of the damage and also the branch etc

yeh got photos of the branch too. it was on the nepean hwy in brighton. ill write a letter to them. the rims is cracked so needs to be replaced. they are osaka racing rims so shouldnt have a prob. tyre is ok i think but rim will cost about 350 and 300 for tyre so ill ask for 700.

ill keep every1 posted.

cheers

daniel

dont like your chances dude i cracked the sump on my old mans beema due to a massive pothole in the ground, didnt notice it front wheel went in causiing the car to bottom out and caisung the crack. wrote to vicroads/council got nuffn but the run around so ye good luck with it

gonna send them photos of the damage, photos of the road, and also a quote with a request for a cheque to repair/replace the rim. hopefully they just g yeh whatever, 500 buxish, pay him, done.

if not ill go down to the council in person and pester the guys there. i have no issues doing that coz when i busted the rim, the right rear tyre just slightly grazed the gutter too which i only noticed tonight, so gonna bill them to have the rash removed too.

mate to be honest i think sending them photos etc. is just a waste of time.

go down there in person, explain the situation (be nice, at first) and then if they refuse to accept responsibility, let loose.

go get your quotes done, print all the pictures etc (if you haven't already) and take them with you.

I'm sure the council isn't going to just hand cheques out like flyers so gather all your evidence before you go.

good luck mate hope you get it all sorted.