S13 Rb26 Help For 600whp Project!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What engine mounts do you use?

Tell me please all your specs!!

Do you have any fotos of your project?

Here is a vid of the car when it had 450whp, and best 1/8 et at this hp level was 7.023 seconds

I have customed engine mounts, but you can buy a set from Mckiney Motor Sports

Presently I have the following mods:

Stock internals RB26

Stock head gasket

Tomie 260 pon cams

Garrett T04Z turbo with 70ar back housing

AEM stand alone with wide band O2

AEM 3.5 bar map sensor

48mm waste gate (cheap ebay)

83lbs seimens injectors

dual 255 walbro pumps

huge 4 inch thick intercooler

stock rb26 intake manifold

nismo GMax twin disc clutch

I am still doing some fine tuning on the car before i run the 606whp tune. I hope to run a 6.7sec.

• 1 month later...

hey Waldoforce (Congrats).... I had in the past a Supra 2JZ-GTE with similar mods and AEM EMS with 750whp stock internals.

I just want to be sure how many miles did you use your car with stock internals with over 600whp, because I had read too many things about the oil pump failure and I am thinking on almost same mods that you have but Borg Warner S372 intead of your T04Z turbo.

Which oil are you using ?

How many RPMs did you change between gears ?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, sorry for the late respond but I just came across this thread.

I am presently running a S14 Silvia with rb26 with stock internals rb26 except for 260 degree cams. To date i have made 606whp, and i am using a garrett T04z turbo.

Do you run 5 speed or 6 speed ?

Very intersting!!

606whp at 26psi with very little mods!!! And with smaller turbo than mine..!

I don't finish my project yet..

I also bought a TOP SECRET SINGLE THROTTLE INTAKE with q45 maf!! :(:):blink:

Are you ok with your Nismo twin plate? How many miles and hard lanuches you did with your twin?

Do you thinking for triple or you are happy with it? Do you suggest me to stay with twin?

I am not sure if my twin can handle the power.

Happy with your skyline gearbox?

What diff you have?

1/8 mile 7 sec means lower than 11sec... something like 10.7!!

UNBELIEVABLE GOOD FOR 450whp!!!

With what tires?

How much you did for the 60foots?

So with 600whp how much I will do?!? :):D :D

And with drag wheels with Mickey Thompson 26-11.5-15 (275-60) ?!? :D :D

SX rulez!! :woot::D

Edited by GreeceS13

Very intersting!!

606whp at 26psi with very little mods!!! And with smaller turbo than mine..!

I don't finish my project yet..

I also bought a TOP SECRET SINGLE THROTTLE INTAKE with q45 maf!! :whistling::D:P

Are you ok with your Nismo twin plate? How many miles and hard lanuches you did with your twin?

Do you thinking for triple or you are happy with it? Do you suggest me to stay with twin?

I am not sure if my twin can handle the power.

Happy with your skyline gearbox?

What diff you have?

1/8 mile 7 sec means lower than 11sec... something like 10.7!!

UNBELIEVABLE GOOD FOR 450whp!!!

With what tires?

How much you did for the 60foots?

So with 600whp how much I will do?!? :D:D:D

And with drag wheels with Mickey Thompson 26-11.5-15 (275-60) ?!? :D:D

SX rulez!! :D:P

any update ? did you tested ?

• 2 weeks later...
hey Waldoforce (Congrats).... I had in the past a Supra 2JZ-GTE with similar mods and AEM EMS with 750whp stock internals.

I just want to be sure how many miles did you use your car with stock internals with over 600whp, because I had read too many things about the oil pump failure and I am thinking on almost same mods that you have but Borg Warner S372 intead of your T04Z turbo.

Which oil are you using ?

How many RPMs did you change between gears ?

I havent ran the 600 tune much, only 4 1/8th passes to date. Its true that the RBs are plagued with oil pump failures. I am waiting on a ATI damper pulley (600 plus unit) which will help prevent oil pump failure. It also helps not to rev the motor past 8400 rpms

A friend on mines is using a S474 on his Rb25. Its a lil laggy but it hits hard, but he is still tuning.

I am using 4 quarts of 20w50 Castrol oil with 1 bottle oil lucus oil stablizer.

I shift my car at 8100 rpms, and i drop about 2000 rpms between shift.

• 1 month later...
GreeceS13 ...... did you tested ? any videos ?

I tested the car using a pair of Mickey Thompson 26*10*15 on 10" weld rims. I blew the factory LSD and da car just spung 1 wheel.

I then weld the stock skyline diff and went back to da track. Unfortunitly the clock wasnt working, but i will say this "OH MY GOD" the car leaves the line like a bat out of hell (2 stepping the car and leaving the line with 18psi of boost). I ran a turbo mustang that run 7.3 sec in the 1/8 and beat him convinsingly, and I was at 20psi of boost.

There is a event coming up on the 31st of this month, so I will have some times and hopefully a vid of the 26psi 600whp run.

I tested the car using a pair of Mickey Thompson 26*10*15 on 10" weld rims. I blew the factory LSD and da car just spung 1 wheel.

I then weld the stock skyline diff and went back to da track. Unfortunitly the clock wasnt working, but i will say this "OH MY GOD" the car leaves the line like a bat out of hell (2 stepping the car and leaving the line with 18psi of boost). I ran a turbo mustang that run 7.3 sec in the 1/8 and beat him convinsingly, and I was at 20psi of boost.

There is a event coming up on the 31st of this month, so I will have some times and hopefully a vid of the 26psi 600whp run.

how much weight your car ? I am worry about the 3rd gear problem on your stock 5 speed tranny with 606whp....

I don't finish it yet... :D:bunny:

We have summer in Greece now and it is great time for other enjoyments :(

But I have a drag race to run at 13-14 September and I hope to be ready to race.

So I will inform you about the car..

For the time I don't hear the engine to work yet :laugh::down:

how much weight your car ? I am worry about the 3rd gear problem on your stock 5 speed tranny with 606whp....

I couldn't say for sure what the weight is, but the car is a full body s14 with full interior. Plus my weight is 265 pounds. I would guess about 3300 pounds with me in it.

I have also heard of people breaking 3rd gear with big power on the R33 box in a Skyline. I hope by having sprung hub twin disc clutches (Nismo GMax) will help absorb the SHOCK in 3rd gear. I will see what happens on August 31st, when i really push the car :banana: .

I will keep you all posted.

I couldn't say for sure what the weight is, but the car is a full body s14 with full interior. Plus my weight is 265 pounds. I would guess about 3300 pounds with me in it.

I have also heard of people breaking 3rd gear with big power on the R33 box in a Skyline. I hope by having sprung hub twin disc clutches (Nismo GMax) will help absorb the SHOCK in 3rd gear. I will see what happens on August 31st, when i really push the car ;) .

I will keep you all posted.

Are you running RWD or 4x4 ?