evil_weevil

Matt,

what tyres are on it?

I think it happened before once also?

Bilal - mate, sorry to hear dude :ermm:

Main thing is that you are ok dude

Has it?

Federal 595s are on it!

I was thinking a wheel alignment issue, because it's not running much / if any neg camber combined with factory springs / shocks that it was actually causing the outside wheel to roll over and run positive camber? Either way, coilovers will be in shortly and then it will be off to road and race for a wheel alignment.

Also started stripping it today as well, race car here we come :)

Has it?

Federal 595s are on it!

I was thinking a wheel alignment issue, because it's not running much / if any neg camber combined with factory springs / shocks that it was actually causing the outside wheel to roll over and run positive camber? Either way, coilovers will be in shortly and then it will be off to road and race for a wheel alignment.

Also started stripping it today as well, race car here we come :ermm:

You have TJ's old car right?

If you get a sec, post some pics of the progress :)

Ended up moderately ok after the night.

But now i'm trying to salvage any parts from the car, from previous mods that weren't damaged, to sell off.

:banana:

So if anybody is interested. Anything from the car that isn't damaged is up for sale. PM me.

have to start from square one. :banana: , its totally fu**ed. :)

ouch! lucky ur ok though.

From what i can gather there is allot, 85%, pannel damage not to mention the bent chassie.

so did it really happen like it has been posted? Lift-off oversteer and sideways at the 100 metre mark?

ouch! lucky ur ok though.

From what i can gather there is allot, 85%, pannel damage not to mention the bent chassie.

so did it really happen like it has been posted? Lift-off oversteer and sideways at the 100 metre mark?

Honestly it is a bit hazy and i dont remember much, It could simply be that i was carrying to much speed, as i neared around 195-200, and my car probably couldnt handle it.

+ i bought brand new cheap tyres (Neutons) which were fitted like 5 minutes before i headed to the creek.

I do remember that the car just kinda slipped out after i let go of the accelarator and shifted to the brakes, (could of even happend as a result of braking, although onlookers said my brake lights didnt flash before it slipped out), i really dont know :rant: .

meh, its over now :down: .... plus im over it, hopefully i can get on a track again early next year :D , and its definately going to be a skyline.

Btw, car is for sale :)http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/se...72#entry3607472

i want to sell as is, but maybe in a few weeks, i will sell off a few parts.. depending on what happens.

not good to hear.

possibly like u say the car had crap tyres and going those speeds and turning in at the same time as braking, could have made the car go the way it did.

ive been told by allot of people that turn 1 is hairy.

get back into it again champ. :P

if i were you i would part the car out. u have allot of expensive parts on there. and when your done with it then part it out at a bargain price. youll make allmost 2 times what ur asking easy. u can pretty much say the swaybars are f**ked and quite possibly the some of the shockies as well.

GL with it all.

Were all 4 tyres on the asphalt when you braked/turned in or did you have a tyre off the side on the dirt/grass?

A couple of years ago I seen a Porsche Cup car on its first outing (driver had just purchased the car from Jim Richards 1wk before, still had his signage on it) as he put his foot on the brake at the 100m marker the back right tyre was on the grass and it stepped the car around and he slapped the wall where the marshalls stand right at the end of pitwall. If he slid another 5m he would have missed absolutely everything, even the infield grass.

not good to hear.

possibly like u say the car had crap tyres and going those speeds and turning in at the same time as braking, could have made the car go the way it did.

ive been told by allot of people that turn 1 is hairy.

get back into it again champ. :P

if i were you i would part the car out. u have allot of expensive parts on there. and when your done with it then part it out at a bargain price. youll make allmost 2 times what ur asking easy. u can pretty much say the swaybars are f**ked and quite possibly the some of the shockies as well.

GL with it all.

I know i have expensive parts on there, although i'm not very mechanically experienced my self . So stripping the car will take a very long time, and i don't intend to pay for it to be done. lol. So i'm willing to let go of it at that price, beats the $0 i'll get from insurance ;-).

Atm, financially im preety Fkd because of it, soooo now im just getting what i can, and thinking of what im going to do later on.

Were all 4 tyres on the asphalt when you braked/turned in or did you have a tyre off the side on the dirt/grass?

A couple of years ago I seen a Porsche Cup car on its first outing (driver had just purchased the car from Jim Richards 1wk before, still had his signage on it) as he put his foot on the brake at the 100m marker the back right tyre was on the grass and it stepped the car around and he slapped the wall where the marshalls stand right at the end of pitwall. If he slid another 5m he would have missed absolutely everything, even the infield grass.

Yes all four were on the track, i was just to the right of the centre on the straight. i don't remember seeing it at the track, but is the 100m mark, where the cones are, where you should start braking??

• 4 weeks later...