• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 - 1:20.4 – Koenigsegg CCX [5]

11 - 1:20.9 – Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

14 - 1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

15 - 1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS

20 - 1:23.7 – Lamborghini Murciélago (retested)

As fond as I am of the V35.. its got stiff competition.. even at out of the top 10

It has its work cut out..

The track is to small for the r35 to perform at its peak. It will be well down the list imo.

But isn't one of the GTR's strong points it's speed out of corners and grip through corners? Being a small track would generally mean that top speed is taken out of equation, and grip and acceleration out of corners become what makes a car quick there. With this logic you would say that the GTR should do damn well.

I gotta give it to some of you die hard fans. You are coming up with excuses already!

Few other things. You are guessing its spot assuming no more cars go on the list before now and then. We all know the bugatti will be in the top ten, even if it doesnt handle that great its just got that much out right power. The fancy pants 430 is as fast as the Enzo. There is a new Koenigsegg coming out. The porka GT2, turbo, and I think GT3 RS (as Im fairly sure thats the 996 model on that board) arent on there. The R8 was done in the wet, and there is the R8 V12 desiel coming out. I think the new M3 will also be a surprise. And thats just completely ignoring anything out that is due to come out. Don't get me wrong, for a $150k car, I think its quick. But I doubt it will get in to the top 20, assuming the above cars dont go on the list. If they do good luck to it even getting in to the top 30.

BTW, out of that list, the R8 and Murciélago are AWD. If the 997 turbo gets up on that list it would be too. So its a fair call to bring the AWD up.

9 - 1:20.4 – Koenigsegg CCX [5]

11 - 1:20.9 – Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

14 - 1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

15 - 1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS

20 - 1:23.7 – Lamborghini Murciélago (retested)

As fond as I am of the V35.. its got stiff competition.. even at out of the top 10

It has its work cut out..

wow man it does have hard compeition, but i have fair in the almightly GTR! :D:D:banana:

Odd how so many people are pessimistic about its performance. I definantly think it will make the top 10 without a doubt. at best I rekon it will make 5th provided its not raining. I have faith in the GOD!

The R35's Nordshleife time is fractionally faster than the Z06 / 997 Turbo. Considering the Z06 made it into 16th place and the GT3 RS is meant to be as quick on the track as a Turbo (the Turbo time was in the wet so it doesn't count) I think it'll struggle for anything above the low teens.

And since there's the regular street tyre option (Bridgestone RE070) as well as the optional "sports" street tyre (Bridgestone RE-01R) it'll also depend on what setup the Top Gear guys eventually drive the car with.