SAU Community

Cold Air intake...

Guest Boxhead

Yeah I wanted to come, but my missus has my balls in a bun now organising our engagement and wedding.... and worst of all......

It may be a girls best friend, but it is also mans worst enemy........

The diamond ring!!!!

Think about what I could do to my car with that money I'll be spending on that ring!!!

hey guys, recently i've put in a cold air intake for my k&n pod filter. don't notice any real performance gains, but i did notice that my bloody petrol meter drops a lot faster! fuel consumption has gone worse. does this sound right?

then i planned to put the stock box back and give it cold air intake and realised what Zahos has mentioned.

The R33 is top to bottom, and there isn't much room on the airbox lid to slap another pipe in...

i couldn't drill a hole through the stock box for the cold air intake.

btw, i don't have a heat shield or cold box, would this be the reason, because its still basically just sucking in hot air? CAI is just letting more air in and mixing with the hot air so the pod is sucking in more hot air?

also, my car is NA :D

Guest Boxhead

i would have to say that with it all done, i dont notice fuel...

but i think there is a bit more response form the vehicle in higher revs.. like.. it isnt as unhappy like before...

• 1 month later...

For R32, it is a very easy mod! you just slap another pipe into the bottom of the box to get more cold air.

The R33's flow air through the box in the oppisite way, and the lid does not have much room for a pipe to be put on, hence my plans to modify it!

To clarify for those wondering the difference, here is another pic showing the differences.