SAU Community

Clipsal 500

Whiplash

the aston broke its rear lower control arm of the left hand side. It also suffered a fair bit of damage due to the idiots dragging the car out of the gravel, over the road and up onto the truck on 3 wheels. Not a very happy driver/owner in the paddock afterwards

a new part was being fabricated but wasn't ready in time.

well done to Alan for making it look like a race, he was playing with the lotus. The boys down in th ecoopers garage weren't the least but worried about the lil yellow thing :D

yeah unfortunately if a car is broken during a race and they're waiting for a restart, the towies priority is to get rid of it as quick as possible with further damage not really being a priority. Same goes for the end of a race if they're about to start another and need the course car to do its thing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done to Alan for making it look like a race, he was playing with the lotus. The boys down in th ecoopers garage weren't the least but worried about the lil yellow thing :)

yeah it did look like the ferrari was backing off a bit for the last few laps. lambo looked like he was trying really hard to pass for 3rd though

was a bit disapointed i didnt get to see the aston run but i was a pretty happy boy to finally see the better model of the dodge viper in person.

had a stupid chick reading a v8 mag n not paying any attention in my way during the race :D if you not there to see the real race get the hell out my way n u can have it back when the pretend holden n fords are racing

do they have much done to their engine's? or are they fairly stock? and are those drivers jus rich mofo's that own those cars with racing licenses?

Edited by gzilla

do they have much done to their engine's? or are they fairly stock? and are those drivers jus rich mofo's that own those cars with racing licenses?

depends on the car to what is done to them.D'arcys Viper is cranking 650Hp over the 425Hp of the standard one yet the Aston has a street car engine it it.

They majority of them may be "rich mofo's" but they are all great guys. I was down with Dave Stevens in the Brennan IT 430 and some 15yr olds were looking at his wheels and brakes, he asked them what they think and they said "yeh not bad but some rich wanker owns it" he didn't look to pleased.

was jus joking with the mofo's bit :D 1 of the porche guys was chatting to me, nice old chap went in there to take pics and wasnt expecting any one to pay me the time of day in there

i was just wondering if they pro drivers or not cause last year i remember they were like within a sec of the v8s time which i thought was pretty good considering how much more cash the v8 supercar teams would be pulling and how much more track time they get.

wikpedia tells me that allan guy was driving for team vodaphone last year, well im hoping he can crack their time 1 of these days, ill contribute the spare $10 i have in my room to the cause if that helps :D

i think it was this porsche that was chatting to me, not sure though was a whitey though on the very right hand side of the parking area

post-31501-1203913024_thumb.jpg

only brought some of my pics to work though so ill see if i can dig up the other pics i got of it

he prob thought i was tool cause i was making stupid jokes with my bro looking under the poped bonnet and saying where's the engine gone

edit: cancel that just had a look on the web page and that dont look like the guy that was chatting to me. looking back at my pics i think it was the 72 orangey red n white

Edited by gzilla

BAD NEWS very sad to hear that Ashley Cooper (fujitsu V8 driver) passed away :D

R.I.P

Yes this is true, He had no chance apparently, they had to let him go!!

RIP Ashley

There may also be some bad news about the Ute driver!! My mates parents are officials and heard some bad news!!

Not a good year for Clipsal 500........

Yes this is true, He had no chance apparently, they had to let him go!!

RIP Ashley

There may also be some bad news about the Ute driver!! My mates parents are officials and heard some bad news!!

Not a good year for Clipsal 500........

oh no lets hope the ute driver pulls through!

Rip Ashley,

Good news for the ute driver the 3rd one (name escapes me) will be released from hospital in a couple of days. No spinal injury woke up this morning fine but has no recollection of yesterday at all.

never good when 5 drivers end up in hospital

Edited by Whiplash

wikpedia tells me that allan guy was driving for team vodaphone last year, well im hoping he can crack their time 1 of these days, ill contribute the spare $10 i have in my room to the cause if that helps :)

i think it was this porsche that was chatting to me, not sure though was a whitey though on the very right hand side of the parking area

post-31501-1203913024_thumb.jpg

only brought some of my pics to work though so ill see if i can dig up the other pics i got of it

he prob thought i was tool cause i was making stupid jokes with my bro looking under the poped bonnet and saying where's the engine gone

edit: cancel that just had a look on the web page and that dont look like the guy that was chatting to me. looking back at my pics i think it was the 72 orangey red n white

Alan is one of the best drivers in the country if not one of the most diverse drivers in the world. He started racing against a well known driver who won the F1 world championship last year , this year alone he is driving

Australian GT - Ferrari 430 GT3

FIA GT - Aston Martin DBR9

V8 Supercars 0Team vodaphone in enduro's

Le Mans series - Ferrari 430 GT2

British GT - Ferrari 430 GT3

last year he did over 30 race meeting spanning some 12 countries, very busy guy

No offense but your $10 won't go very far, the guy who owns the team owns the 599 that was in the extreme machine display. And they are known to spend more on a 7 round series than what the V8's spend in a year.

Never met Krashos (driver of the 72 car), If it was simon in the White one i can confirm he is a nice guy. I spent most of my weekend down with the no 43 and 88 ferrari's

Very sad to hear Ashley Cooper died. RIP.

Was a great weekend though. I had an awesome time. I should have met up with you SAU guys but had a very full-on time and couldn't find a moment to spare.

I don't see what the fuss is about with the GT cars, I reckon they're pretty boring. I'd rather see the Aussie Racing Cars return next year instead of the GT cars.

very sad indeed about ashley cooper

but didnt see what the gt fuss is :ninja: just playing. how often you see a ferrari porsche n lambo racing each other though?

the lil aussie cars were cool last year though. wouldnt mind having 1 of them to cruize round in

did any 1 else see the damage on the murray walker collection? porsche had paint missing jus above the right hand side's light and they said the connesec (i know its no where near the right spelling) crashed but all i could see was alil scuff mark at the bottom of the front bumper before it lit on fire ofcourse. gota feel a lil sorry for the owners, im sure they were told there's no chance of anything going wrong. i some how dont think they will be lending it out for next year

Edited by gzilla