SAU Community

2008 Sau-vic Motorsport Championship

Scotsman

Agreed on the above.

I think last year the WRX club were not going to allow DT @ Phillip Island at the start of the year. But in the end I sent them an email asking for confirmation and they allowed it. Hence why the 2nd post says you can do Phillips Island as your first event. But the preferance is you do some other track / murcots day first.

Murcotts dont do trackdays or any type of high performance training, they haven't for a couple of years now...

Murcotts dont do trackdays or any type of high performance training, they haven't for a couple of years now...

1st Post updated with results from Round 1.

Thanks Kev, was just forwarding on information provided by the WRX club.

Of course if your an SAU member you would obviously goto a Driver Dynamics day....

• 2 weeks later...
Previously they hgave tried to ensure that PI isnt someones first track day. And typically do not offer DT at PI. I think they will allow it this year. Like all race tracks these days it is pretty safe, and driven sensibly isnt as bad as people tend to make out. Respect the speeds you will be doing and you will do fine.

Sorry guys, DT will not be on offer at our PI event this year. We've seen a few too many accidents there :ermm: If you're an experienced track driver and haven't done the circuit before, we can probably come to some arrangement (put you in a slower group to begin with, etc).

Some people on our forums have been mentioning that it may be worth getting down to one of the PIARC practice days (they generally hold them on a Saturday prior to their main events on a Sunday) and getting to know the lines of the circuit. It may be worth investigating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...